Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I picked this up on the radio the other day. It gave me some pause for reflection:
A member of the British royal family was leaving church after services one Sunday. He stopped for a moment to speak to the minister.
He asked, " Reverend, is there a place called Hell?"
The Reverend answers, " Certainly, Jesus speaks strongly on that. It is part of our church doctrine."
The member of the Royal Family then asked, " Then why don't you ever speak of it?"

Think about that. When was the last time you heard a sermon on Hell? Not a small mention, but a sermon. Certainly there is plenty in the Bible a sermon just on Hell could be based.

Think of this, if we say Jesus has defeated the grave: You receive eternal life; you go to heaven, what do you mean. What do you mean by death? Certainly every Christian who has ever walked the earth, or ever will, is going to die. Save a small fraction alive upon Christ's return. Jesus does not prevent that. So what do you mean? What is "Spiritual death"?

So what is this death you are spared from? If you did suffer that death what would it entail? When we do rarely mention God's wrath, what is that? Isn't he a God of love and blessings?

Maybe it's because we don't want to hear it. We wish to put a lid on that box and never speak of it. Maybe we are so focused on Him being a God of love that we forget, or deny, that he is also a God of justice and wrath. And that the justice and wrath are as much a part of him as the love.

Just a few thoughts.

Last edited by Armednfree; 02/22/20.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Hell............is flat beer and flat women.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
My hell will be cold, and loud.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hookeye
Hell............is flat beer and flat women.

No womenses.!

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Study the words that are translated "hell" in our Bible
then look at the other words they are translated to.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I was taught "The wages of sin is death." Hell only exists for the duration of "The Final Battle". After which all sinners cease to exist, and Heaven reigns on Earth.

Many Christians believe there is no "eternal pit of suffering and pain".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I picked this up on the radio the other day. It gave me some pause for reflection:
A member of the British royal family was leaving church after services one Sunday. He stopped for a moment to speak to the minister.
The Reverend answers, " Certainly, Jesus speaks strongly on that. It is part of our church doctrine."
The member of the Royal Family then asked, " Then why don't you ever speak of it?"

Think about that. When was the last time you heard a sermon on Hell? Not a small mention, but a sermon. Certainly there is plenty in the Bible a sermon just on Hell could be based.

Think of this, if we say Jesus has defeated the grave: You receive eternal life; you go to heaven, what do you mean. What do you mean by death? Certainly every Christian who has ever walked the earth, or ever will, is going to die. Save a small fraction alive upon Christ's return. Jesus does not prevent that. So what do you mean? What is "Spiritual death"?

So what is this death you are spared from? If you did suffer that death what would it entail? When we do rarely mention God's wrath, what is that? Isn't he a God of love and blessings?

Maybe it's because we don't want to hear it. We wish to put a lid on that box and never speak of it. Maybe we are so focused on Him being a God of love that we forget, or deny, that he is also a God of justice and wrath. And that the justice and wrath are as much a part of him as the love.

Just a few thoughts.

Why should we believe any of it?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
There’s going to be a lot of surprised ‘christians’ there............

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i think hell would be an eternal democratic debate

My diploma is a DD214
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Armednfree

Just a few thoughts.

As for why do some preachers avoid sermons on Hell?

You get more fly's with honey than vinegar?

Might not be the best subject for maximizing collections?

It's at odds with claims of an "omni-benevolent" God?

Preaching from Revelations can be dangerous?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lori-val...god-sent-to-prepare-world-for-apocalypse

The Vallows' marriage had been crumbling. Charles had filed for divorce, saying in court documents that he feared she would kill him and that she’d developed strange, doomsday-cult-like beliefs, reportedly calling herself “a god assigned to carry out the work of the 144,000 at Christ’s second coming in July 2020.”

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by NH K9

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If hell is not being preached about regularly at the church you go to then you’re just lolly-gaggin. Why even go?

Maybe your church needs to hold a revival.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
“Lo, there do I see my father.
Lo, there do I see my mother,
and my sisters, and my brothers.
Lo, there do I see the line of my people,
Back to the beginning!

Lo, they do call to me.
They bid me take my place among them,
In the halls of Valhalla!
Where the brave may live forever!“

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r

It could be eternal religious debates on the internet or re-fighting the Civil War.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 280shooter

It could be eternal religious debates on the internet or re-fighting the Civil War.

Ahem....War of Northern Aggression thank you very much.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Matthew 25:46 clearly says the wicked will have everlasting punishment, and the saved will have everlasting/eternal life. That’s pretty clear.

If one believes scripture, it says heaven is eternal, as is hell.

“And there shall be no night there, and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; the Lord God giveth the them light: and they shall reign forever and ever.” Rev 22:5

If believers have eternal life, rejecters of Jesus have eternal death (fire). 2 Thess 1:8-9 and Jude 7 mention eternal destruction.

Rejecting Jesus is a horrible eternal sin that requires eternal punishment.

It is so easy to be saved and avoid eternal hell. Just believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.
Acts 16:31

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Ahem....War of Northern Aggression thank you very much.

Gonna get ugly now.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good thread idea, and let be know that I, did not start it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by NH K9

There's going to be a lot of surprised non- Christian there, also.

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I’m not so sure.
Those folks all kinda know the chance is there. I’d guess if they ‘come to’ in hell it won’t be much of a shock about location.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 12344mag, 50 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,641
Posts18,474,495
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.