Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I'm still a little confused about "corner jumping" and the only reason I ask is because I don't want to break the law in the future.

It might not be a law in your state.

Picture four corners of property, two diagonal are public land the other two private. Here in MT it is illegal to cross those corners.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB4

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Corner jumping? LMFAO....

I can’t see how it would be illegal if you don’t set foot on grumpy’s property. Fuggem anyway, he doesn’t own the airspace, he owns the ground so if I don’t touch his ground he can kiss my ass.

Rinella is a moron, at least what I’ve seen of him wasn’t impressive.

I agree corner jumping laws are complete BS. But don't sell your show on DIY Public land hunting when you corner jump by flying in and using a guide too! Bottom line is those jack wagons got you suckers fooled. They are no friend to hunting or 2A. But by all means carry on!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by smokepole
The haters will be along shortly to tell y'all you shouldn't be watching Rinella......

I guess "haters" would be me.
Rinella sold a huge (controlling) stake in Meateater to Liberal activist Peter Chernin. Gun hater extraordinaire.... that's not a conspiracy theory it's fact.
If that all seems like a contradiction in terms, it is.

Don't talk in facts here on the fire it isn't received well. They get their panties all bunched up.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

I can’t see how it would be illegal if you don’t set foot on grumpy’s property. Fuggem anyway, he doesn’t own the airspace, he owns the ground so if I don’t touch his ground he can kiss my ass.

I agree corner jumping laws are complete BS. But don't sell your show on DIY Public land hunting when you corner jump by flying in and using a guide too! Bottom line is those jack wagons got you suckers fooled. They are no friend to hunting or 2A. But by all means carry on!

I don’t know why you think I support Rinella because I clearly stated that he was a moron and I wasn’t impressed by him. I agree with you about him. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I don’t know why you think I support Rinella because I clearly stated that he was a moron and I wasn’t impressed by him. I agree with you about him. 👍

I don't! Read what I wrote. I agreed with you that Corner jumping is complete BS.

I just continued on about what a loser those Bozeman Jack_sses are.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 02/22/20.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Gotcha.... some things are lost in the internet translation.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I'm still a little confused about "corner jumping" and the only reason I ask is because I don't want to break the law in the future.

It might not be a law in your state.

Picture four corners of property, two diagonal are public land the other two private. Here in MT it is illegal to cross those corners.

Can you please cite the statute forbidding it in MT?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The haters will be along shortly to tell y'all you shouldn't be watching Rinella......

Rinella sold a huge (controlling) stake in Meateater to Liberal activist Peter Chernin. Gun hater extraordinaire.... that's not a conspiracy theory it's fact.

Don't talk in facts here on the fire it isn't received well. They get their panties all bunched up.

I don't really give a sh** about Rinella, and don't watch his show. I just think it's funny when "conservatives" want to tell people what they should or should not watch on TV.

Rugged individualism at its finest.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I noticed a lot of younger people like the show but some of the ideals he promotes are a bit strange and his fans take after that too. Since it's so popular there are many fans. So you have a bunch of people out there eating coyotes or whatever nasty [bleep] or even some trashing those bad bad trophy hunter men who don't eat their old ibex or buffalo or whatever. Odd behavior to say the least.

"So I went ahead and bought a trusty meat thermometer and started eating bear burgers and bear steaks. Obviously, I'm still alive. Now, I don't even bother testing my bear meat. The results are not going to alter my behavior, no matter what they are. I'll still eat my bear meat, cooked to a medium doneness. And even if you contract trichinosis, it doesn't mean you've had your last bear hunt. Early symptoms, if any, include muscle fatigue, diarrhea, heartburn, and fatigue. If you catch it early, it's easily treated. So go ahead and eat that bear meat in your freezer. You've got no excuse to let it sit in your freezer until it's freezer burned. Remember: you kill it, you eat it."

Last edited by Goosey; 02/23/20.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
To the best of my knowledge there isn't a Statute and this is the problem. Depending on where you hunt some jurisdictions will turn an eye and others will not. I know of two cases that they did not turn an eye on. I also know another region that will not respond to a report of corner jumping. So here is the thing if you get caught by someone that wants to push the issue it is your time and money to deal with it. Which is complete BS. I believe it has been brought up to the house at least twice.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I don't really give a sh** about Rinella, and don't watch his show. I just think it's funny when "conservatives" want to tell people what they should or should not watch on TV.

Rugged individualism at its finest.

I don't see anywhere that anyone TOLD anyone not to watch or listen to the show. We are all free to make our own choices.

What is really funny is "Liberals" want to take away a right! And that liberal sportsmen and gun owners are to f_cking stupid to understand that.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They are no friend to hunting or 2A.

You’re from MT - do you know them? What have you seen them do that qualifies this statement? I’m curious because I like the show but I always hear stuff like this, too, and would like to know more.

Thanks.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
They are no friend to hunting or 2A.

A
You’re from MT - do you know them? What have you seen them do that qualifies this statement? I’m curious because I like the show but I always hear stuff like this, too, and would like to know more.

Thanks.

Here’s the political contributions this election cycle for Meat Eaters majority owner Peter Chernin

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000067127

All were to liberals (Pelosi, Kamala Harris, mark Kelly whose platform is pretty much gun control as it’s major focus and planned parent hood’s pac). I don’t care how great a guy Rinella May be, I’m not supporting a company that supports causes/views I think are bad for this country.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Also here’s an open letter Chernin signed supporting “assault weapons ban” and universal background checks

https://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/guns.pdf

If you look at his twitters he’s got several anti-trump and pro Adam Schiff posts

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The same Chernin that headed up News Corp and Fox News?

He’s always been a douche bag.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Sorry I opened a can of worms here guys. I guess any time one of these threads opens up, some like 'em and some don't. Needless to say, I won't support anyone who's anti 2A or supports those that are.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Have you ever been through a PE buyout? Politics doesn't really enter the equation. It's about money. How are you going to take this buyout and grow it? Rumor is, it was over 8 figures.

Entrepreneurs are rewarded. If you build something people want, you should be rewarded.

It seems like the American dream to me. Build something, sell it, build some more and then the 2nd capitalization event, cash out. He's done well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To the best of my knowledge there isn't a Statute and this is the problem. Depending on where you hunt some jurisdictions will turn an eye and others will not. I know of two cases that they did not turn an eye on. I also know another region that will not respond to a report of corner jumping. So here is the thing if you get caught by someone that wants to push the issue it is your time and money to deal with it. Which is complete BS. I believe it has been brought up to the house at least twice.

Thanks MCH. You're correct that there have been multiple bills to clarify that it's either legal or illegal. All have failed to pass. And that's why there's the gray area of how a judge would interpret the criminal trespass law. One judge in WY ruled that it's not trespassing but obviously that's only the case law under his jurisdiction. Did the two you know of that were cited go to court? A lot has changed since the ad coelum doctrine was the law of the land. You should try to get cited and go to court so there's some case law one way or the other. smile grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Have you ever been through a PE buyout? Politics doesn't really enter the equation. It's about money. How are you going to take this buyout and grow it? Rumor is, it was over 8 figures.

Entrepreneurs are rewarded. If you build something people want, you should be rewarded.

It seems like the American dream to me. Build something, sell it, build some more and then the 2nd capitalization event, cash out. He's done well.

Chernin is gonna do what he's gonna do, regardless of whether he owns Meateater or not. Think about the target audience of the show though. It's not 2A supporters or lifelong hunters. It's people who don't know much about hunting and the message is, "if you eat meat, there's nothing wrong with killing it yourself." Thats a good message and the people who need to hear that are not the ones who post here.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
To the best of my knowledge there isn't a Statute and this is the problem. Depending on where you hunt some jurisdictions will turn an eye and others will not. I know of two cases that they did not turn an eye on. I also know another region that will not respond to a report of corner jumping. So here is the thing if you get caught by someone that wants to push the issue it is your time and money to deal with it..

There is no statue that says corner crossing is illegal in MT.

Please provide any kind of proof you can be prosecuted for doing something that there is NO statute saying whatever you did was not legal.

Please provide proof you can be charged for breaking a law that does not exist.

Last edited by callnum; 02/23/20.

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12savage, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 2,177 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,914
Posts18,479,587
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.