Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by slumlord
If hell is not being preached about regularly at the church you go to then you’re just lolly-gaggin. Why even go?

Maybe your church needs to hold a revival.

This,thanks slumlord

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I forget the exact quote , something about a wide smooth path, easy riding, all downhill. A lot of fun until----. I'd much rather go to the other place.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hell would be the worst inner city ghetto in a lake of lava , and Mexican rap crap reggae rap being played full blast in my burning ears for eternity. Over and over and over and......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
hell is an internet forum where everyone thinks they are a biblical scholar and the same dumb fuc ks argue the same stupid shi t over and over without resolve. Week after week.Month after month. Year after year............

I know , Its my fault for clicking.

.... like tears in the rain
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by nugget
Originally Posted by slumlord
If hell is not being preached about regularly at the church you go to then you’re just lolly-gaggin. Why even go?

Maybe your church needs to hold a revival.

This,thanks slumlord

I've heard more than my share of them.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you.” George Carlin

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not at all the way I understand it Bow.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by rem141r
i think hell would be an eternal democratic debate

It could be eternal religious debates on the internet or re-fighting the Civil War.

You left out "best elk cartridge."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
As was stated above, there's plenty of example of scripture telling us about it in the Bible. But how it comes about specifically, I, like everybody else have no clue because only one has lived to tell about it and he did in scripture. I have to go by what he said. That may not be real clear to me, but that's where faith comes in. Nothing can force you to believe, you have your choice. Everything boils down to choice, but in this case the wrong choice could be a very bad mistake.

Last edited by Filaman; 02/22/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think people will exist eternally...with or without God. I think we were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin...or we will exist eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. I think to be eternally separated from God is hell....and to be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven. I do think Heaven and hell are real places of eternal existence.
But, if the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of a divine reward...or the avoidance of a divine punishment...those seem to be pretty self-centered motivations.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Hell is about 150 NW of Dutch Harbor in mid January. Not sure where it goes the rest of the year.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Put your finger on a hot stove eye....immediately you know what hell will feel like (according to my Bible it is burning pit, so must be hot) and when you take that last breath and your body functions has stopped...and you do not believe in HIM.....immediately you will fill that hot stove eye, only all over your body.... and forever and forever non stop pain.....that not good.

O.B.Wallace
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by rem141r
i think hell would be an eternal democratic debate

It could be eternal religious debates on the internet or re-fighting the Civil War.

You left out "best elk cartridge."

Stunt-shooting Yankee! grin

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
hell is an internet forum where everyone thinks they are a biblical scholar and the same dumb fuc ks argue the same stupid shi t over and over without resolve. Week after week.Month after month. Year after year............

I know , Its my fault for clicking.

Nice summary. smile

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I think it probably looks a lot like I-75 going through Atlanta at 5:00 PM on a Friday evening.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blueboy
Put your finger on a hot stove eye....immediately you know what hell will feel like (according to my Bible it is burning pit, so must be hot) and when you take that last breath and your body functions has stopped...and you do not believe in HIM.....immediately you will fill that hot stove eye, only all over your body.... and forever and forever non stop pain.....that not good.

in India,( population 1.4 billion and counting) people believe in a plethora of gods, some with extra arms , some have elephant heads, some ride tigers...

India's Gods

is that same unending torture going to be applied to people who only ever knew India's gods and didnt know about Christ?

Last edited by AKA_Spook; 02/22/20. Reason: replaced coma with period

.... like tears in the rain
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hell is an internet place where all the self righteous know-it-all's and antagonists go to yell and contradict each other throughout eternity - - - All Aboard!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
I think people will exist eternally...with or without God. I think we were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin...or we will exist eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. I think to be eternally separated from God is hell....and to be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven. I do think Heaven and hell are real places of eternal existence.
But, if the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of a divine reward...or the avoidance of a divine punishment...those seem to be pretty self-centered motivations.

You've had some good posts lately.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by Blueboy

in India,( population 1.4 billion and counting) people believe in a plethora of gods, some with extra arms , some have elephant heads, some ride tigers...

India's Gods

is that same unending torture going to be applied to people who only ever knew India's gods and didnt know about Christ?

First Thessalonians One teaches both those who don't know God and those who don't obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ will receive firey retribution.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
In regards to people that never had a chance to hear the Word, I think that is covered somewhere.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

147 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 7887mm08, 300s, 2UP, 10 invisible), 1,601 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,075
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.