Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you.” George Carlin

I wanted to duck my head & look up to see if the sky was coming down around me for even watching that skit from Carlin, but,, he made me think.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
[video:yahoo]https://youtu.be/gPOfurmrjxo[/video]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My thoughts? I punched my ticket years ago.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by Blueboy
Put your finger on a hot stove eye....immediately you know what hell will feel like (according to my Bible it is burning pit, so must be hot) and when you take that last breath and your body functions has stopped...and you do not believe in HIM.....immediately you will fill that hot stove eye, only all over your body.... and forever and forever non stop pain.....that not good.

in India,( population 1.4 billion and counting) people believe in a plethora of gods, some with extra arms , some have elephant heads, some ride tigers...

India's Gods

is that same unending torture going to be applied to people who only ever knew India's gods and didnt know about Christ?

During the time the Savior was in the tomb, He preached his gospel to the spirits of the dead. Hence it is obvious a plan exists for those who do not receive
his message in mortality.
1 Peter 3:18-19
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the  unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to  death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and  preached unto the  spirits in prison;

1 Peter 4:6
6 For for this cause was the  gospel  preached also to them that are dead, that they might be  judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit

Paul taught, that everyone who is born, will be resurrected and receive a body of flesh and bones just like the savior had when He was resurrected Paul wrote the 15th chapter of Corinthians to prove there is resurrection.
1 Cor. 15:21-22
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the  resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in  Adam all  die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Luke 24:36-40
36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them,  Peace be unto you. 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen spirit. 38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do  thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself:  handle me, and see; for a  spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet

Last edited by Lennie; 02/23/20.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Here's an interesting, short 3 minutes on the subject from a Biblical Scholar.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Another good video - thanks for posting

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the lord sure didn't do much for a friend of mine who got slammed by a train 2 weeks ago and killed.plane crashes killing all but one person and he is 'blessed',yeah right . he's just one lucky MF.

biggest scam in human history.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Hell is like bigfoot in my opinion. If it exists, show us some evidence. At least with bigfoot, there's a guy in a fake monkey suit.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

Matthew 25:46 clearly says the wicked will have everlasting punishment, and the saved will have everlasting/eternal life. That’s pretty clear.

If one believes scripture, it says heaven is eternal, as is hell.

“And there shall be no night there, and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; the Lord God giveth the them light: and they shall reign forever and ever.” Rev 22:5

If believers have eternal life, rejecters of Jesus have eternal death (fire). 2 Thess 1:8-9 and Jude 7 mention eternal destruction.

Rejecting Jesus is a horrible eternal sin that requires eternal punishment.

It is so easy to be saved and avoid eternal hell. Just believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.
Acts 16:31

And you made my point. The scripture says "eternal death" and "eternal destruction". It does not say eternal life of torture and torment.

Take a good read of Rev 20. The "second death" is referenced more than once.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Heaven and Hell is a carrot and stick ploy, reward and punishment, believe this or bad things will happen to you.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

Matthew 25:46 clearly says the wicked will have everlasting punishment, and the saved will have everlasting/eternal life. That’s pretty clear.

If one believes scripture, it says heaven is eternal, as is hell.

“And there shall be no night there, and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; the Lord God giveth the them light: and they shall reign forever and ever.” Rev 22:5

If believers have eternal life, rejecters of Jesus have eternal death (fire). 2 Thess 1:8-9 and Jude 7 mention eternal destruction.

Rejecting Jesus is a horrible eternal sin that requires eternal punishment.

It is so easy to be saved and avoid eternal hell. Just believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.
Acts 16:31

And you made my point. The scripture says "eternal death" and "eternal destruction". It does not say eternal life of torture and torment.

Take a good read of Rev 20. The "second death" is referenced more than once.

Keep reading through Rev 21.

“But the fearful, and UNBELIEVING, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Rev 21:8

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Because Hell is a fictitious place?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are no chopper pilots down in hell.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The bible is not very clear on what it teaches. There are verses that support eternal torment and there are verses that support death for the damned. Just as there are verses that support universal salvation and verses that support salvation only for the elect.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Yes,once again "second death".

And if you really read it, the human dead are not in Heaven or Hell at this time. The saved are lying in their grave awaiting the 2'nd coming.

After Satan has been chained for 1000 years after the second coming, then shall occur the third coming and the resurrection of non-rightous human dead and Armageddon as Satan and his minions lay siege to the Holy City of Heaven on Earth.

It is all layed out quite simply in the first few verses of Rev 20.

So Rev 20 states quite clearly that we are at least 1000 years and two "Comings of Christ" away from Armegeddon.

Unless, of course, there is an error or falsehood contained within the writings of the Bible.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The scare tactics of preaching on hell only works on people for a short while. You can't scare people into getting saved. The truly saved are more interested in where they are going instead of where they are not going.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by hookeye
Hell............is flat beer and flat women.

Maybe it’s great looking women and you have a permanent case of e.d.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Yes,once again "second death".

And if you really read it, the human dead are not in Heaven or Hell at this time. The saved are lying in their grave awaiting the 2'nd coming.

After Satan has been chained for 1000 years after the second coming, then shall occur the third coming and the resurrection of non-rightous human dead and Armageddon as Satan and his minions lay siege to the Holy City of Heaven on Earth.

It is all layed out quite simply in the first few verses of Rev 20.

So Rev 20 states quite clearly that we are at least 1000 years and two "Comings of Christ" away from Armegeddon.

Unless, of course, there is an error or falsehood contained within the writings of the Bible.

Even with that interpretation....it could hardly be called just to condemn people to the death penalty for the mere condition of a lack of conviction. Human justice is not that brutal. A God of Love, being omniscient and omnipotent could do no less than apply universal salvation.

''For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,'' - Titus 2:11

''For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.'' -
1 Timothy 4:10

''For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.'' - Romans 11:32

''And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.'' - Luke 3:6

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by NH K9
I’m not so sure.
Those folks all kinda know the chance is there. I’d guess if they ‘come to’ in hell it won’t be much of a shock about location.

Yep. It probly wont be them who gnash their teeth.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
The bible is not very clear on what it teaches. There are verses that support eternal torment and there are verses that support death for the damned. Just as there are verses that support universal salvation and verses that support salvation only for the elect.

Almost as if it had different authors at different times, who were pushing different doctrines for different purposes, How strange!!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,513
Posts18,472,386
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.