Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dick Morris, a former adviser to Bill Clinton, predicted Sunday that Michael Bloomberg and Hillary Clinton are plotting a "scheme" that would allow Clinton to become the 2020 Democratic nominee.

Speaking with radio host John Catsimatidis on "The Cats Roundtable," Morris said that he believes Bloomberg will continue to campaign and spend loads of cash to syphon support from Sen. Bernie Sanders and trigger a brokered convention.

"Here's the deal that I think is going down. I think Hillary and Bloomberg have gotten together and cooked up a scheme," Morris said.

Morris went on to explain:

Nobody will be nominated on the first ballot, and it'll go to a second ballot. Now, the problem is that the party establishment doesn't have a candidate. They can't do Bloomberg because he got killed in the debate. ... Can't do [Joe] Biden because he's already lost the frontrunner status. … [Pete] Buttigieg looks like a high school kid at the Model UN, and he's not gonna be able to have it, certainly not against [President Donald] Trump. [Elizabeth] Warren is third, but she's pretty far to the left, and people are not gonna want to— they're not going to want to trust her.

And when you put it together, it will go to a second ballot and then I think Hillary Clinton enters the race. And the superdelegates will all leave who they are for and go to Hillary.

Morris characterized his theory as the "establishment scenario," suggesting that he believes moderate Democrats will do everything in their power to prevent Sanders from securing the Democratic nomination.

"Hillary is the only candidate that they'll be able to come up with that can measure up to Donald Trump," Morris said.

Morris went on to say that if Sanders does win the Democratic nomination, then President Donald Trump will not only "massacre" him in the general election, but the Democratic Party as a whole, predicting Democrats would lose upwards of 60 seats in the House.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ex-cl...aze%20Daily%20PM%20-%20last%20270%20days

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We've been easy on Hilary as of late, she may be the least to the left of any of them. Not near least enough.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IF that is the way it goes down, then where do Trump and Killery stand with regard to where they were four years ago? I could be very wrong, but I think Trump is much stronger than he was then. I think Killery may have about 70% of the strength she had then because of all that has been exposed over the last couple of years. I think the Bernie supporters will bail on her to a much greater extent than they did in 2016, and the dims' coalition will disintegrate further. The dims have painted themselves into a very tight corner, while Trump has consolidated and grown his base.

I hope I'm seeing it all as it really is. We'll KNOW in November!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Who the Fugg knows? Morris has been wrong so many times in the past he says anything to promote the latest book he writes. Boy has ate so many donuts his brain has even got fat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They aren't going to go with Hillary.

Morris just throws everything out there hoping something will stick

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Morris just may be contemplating suicide...….assisted of course.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RiverRider
IF that is the way it goes down, then where do Trump and Killery stand with regard to where they were four years ago? I could be very wrong, but I think Trump is much stronger than he was then. I think Killery may have about 70% of the strength she had then because of all that has been exposed over the last couple of years. I think the Bernie supporters will bail on her to a much greater extent than they did in 2016, and the dims' coalition will disintegrate further. The dims have painted themselves into a very tight corner, while Trump has consolidated and grown his base.

I hope I'm seeing it all as it really is. We'll KNOW in November!

Sounds about right.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Morris is a sharp observer of the political scene. This is exactly what I have been saying on this forum for 6 months, not including the Bloomberg part.
Hillary is waiting in the wings hoping for no decision on the first ballot. Then it will go to a brokered convention, and Hillary will start looking pretty good to the Dems.

I agree with y'all, her political power has waned since 2016 and Trump is stronger. This scenario proposed by Morris is proof of how desperate the Dems are today.

Schadenfreude. My cup of Schadenfreude [nouns are capitalized in German] runneth over.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why would he want to assure a loss in the next election?

1Minute
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Morris is a sharp observer of the political scene. This is exactly what I have been saying on this forum for 6 months, not including the Bloomberg part.
Hillary is waiting in the wings hoping for no decision on the first ballot. Then it will go to a brokered convention, and Hillary will start looking pretty good to the Dems.

I agree with y'all, her political power has waned since 2016 and Trump is stronger. This scenario proposed by Morris is proof of how desperate the Dems are today.

Schadenfreude. My cup of Schadenfreude [nouns are capitalized in German] runneth over.

I am another one that has been saying it for a very long time.
We shall see in the next 4 months or so.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Things will blow up if Bernie doesn't get the nomination. Right now he is riding high and if it continues, he'll be the clear nominee. That is, if he doesn't sell out again.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't see anyone here getting the 1991 delegates required to win on the first ballot.

If nobody gets the 1991, then the Super-delegates 771 will be allowed to vote in round two.

That makes it 2375 delegates required to win. No way the Democrat establishment is going to allow the Super-Delegates to cast their votes for Bernie.

If Bernie can't get-er-done in round 1 with 1991, he is done.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
Who the Fugg knows? Morris has been wrong so many times in the past he says anything to promote the latest book he writes. Boy has ate so many donuts his brain has even got fat.

True.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Demons have very few alternatives.....................

And likely, no winning strategy............................so long as the economy doesn't crash.

Today's stock market drop is not a good thing, but it is likely a little inflated; a lot can happen on 9 month though.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Personally, I want the market to crash, I'll clean up. For the good of the world, I hope the market holds until after the election.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is all just friggen hilarious. Their disarray brings me great joy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No way the Bernie supporters turn out for another candidate getting the nomination. Quite a few of them stayed home in '16, cant see them coming out in droves this year when they screw/buy him again.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I think the Democrat leadership is afraid that Bernie would win the general election,..and I'm not sure that he wouldn't.

They're trying to figure out some way to lose without crashing the Democrat party.

I'm not seeing it. Bernie is the only Democrat candidate that has anything resembling an energetic base,...and his base knows that he got screwed out of the nomination in 2016.

His base also recognizes that the Democrat leadership is trying to screw Bernie out of the 2020 nomination.

Many of them will sit out the election if Bernie isn't the candidate. If the Democrat leadership bum rushes Hillary to the front of the pack, it'll wreck the party for a good while.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dick Morris knows the Clintons better than anyone. This is Hillary's dream scenario BUT, Bloomberg isn't going to spend a BILLION of his own money to get her nominated and killed, or would he?

No Dem can beat Trump with this economy. Does Bloomberg want to be the sacrificial lamb, or does he let Hillary lose again, and then come back as a "frontrunner" for 2024? Bloomberg wouldn't spend $2 Billion to get Hillary the nomination, but he would spend $2 Billion now and another $3 billion in 2024 to get himself elected.

Brace yourselves, because unless something happens to beat historical trends, the Dems win back teh WH in 2024 after 8 years of the GOP. Historical trend. Only Regan's long coattails and a really bad Dem cnadidate got GHWB elected in '88.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari

No Dem can beat Trump with this economy. Does Bloomberg want to be the sacrificial lamb, or does he let Hillary lose again, and then come back as a "frontrunner" for 2024? Bloomberg wouldn't spend $2 Billion to get Hillary the nomination, but he would spend $2 Billion now and another $3 billion in 2024 to get himself elected.

Bloomberg will be too old & even more unelectable by then than he is now.

Originally Posted by hatari

Brace yourselves, because unless something happens to beat historical trends, the Dems win back teh WH in 2024 after 8 years of the GOP. Historical trend.

You might well be right about the trend, but they'll need a better candidate than anyone that available right now.

MM

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (2003and2013, 257 mag, 257Bob, 257_X_50, 160user, 163bc, 60 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,787
Posts18,477,248
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.