Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Buying land without mineral rights is almost like buying a house where the former owners retain the right to come in whenever they want. Still people do it.

Stupid or desperate people do it, and it seems logical that this isn't the target audience for a property like this.
Wouldn't give a plug nickel for a property without M.R.

GB1

Brazos Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well gentlemen, and others, I did not intend to insult anyone or be insulted.

I didn't really expect to sell this here, just threw it out for y'all to look at.

Some of the responses have been humorous.

A few have been knowledgeable, thanks JG, jlb, RBB,dkhunt, and 10ring.

Very interesting.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brazos, I did not interpret these two quotes below to be directed to you in any way...What I got from it was a "In general, read the fine print" when thinking about a purchase of any kind for that matter. My personal example was with a general contractor with whom I discussed agreed verbally that certain extras would be "Included" as part of our written contract. In this case he omitted the extras and I did not notice, the end result was $5000.00 out of pocket on my end.

There is nothing in your post that suggests any type of underhandedness...just a FYI from other folks who maybe have had bad experiences by not throughly understanding what they are signing...Just my two cents and good luck with the sale.

Originally Posted by Brazos
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by okie
read the fine print....

^^^ This ^^^

And what fine print might that be?

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bet your glad you listed it on the Campfire. LOL

How bout this, are there snakes? No snakes here in Alaska. How bout hogs, they eat good or carry swine flu? Any trophy deer? How big is them jack rabbits? Do them illegal immigrants I hear about pass through there?

SNAKES WOULD BE A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME.

Seems like I have a lot of friends from Texas. Had a real cute blonde Texas girl friend in high school, she dumped me.

Property sounds pretty good to me. I could park my big self contained Toy Hauler there and sit out there with my little woman and a good cigar and practice my shooting and ride a wheeler.

Mineral rights are seldom available in Alaska, big oil and mining and timber buy or lease it all from the state and they piss it away. Heck, just kidding. I would miss my PFD, I am entitled to it !

Last edited by 1Akshooter; 02/24/20.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
To simply avoid what some folks have explained here as being "hosed over " in real estate, as I have been also, the best recourse you have is to use the same lawyer at closing as the seller is using, by law, the lawyer can not lie or withhold anything from you, so at the closing in front of witnesses you simply ask your representative if there is any underlying circumstances that you should know about, by law he must tell you !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I thought a lawyer could only represent one party. I heard this especially with divorce. Sadly I don't know much about the laws.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10ring1
In PA, u ain't touching land with mineral rights under $8-10000/ac

I could maybe hook you up with 230 acres at $9k per.

But, it's right between Pa's armpit and asswhole.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Very little ground sold in Montana includes mineral rights...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just bought 88 acres. I get all the rights and it is loaded with beautiful mature cedar. Don’t plan on selling a single one.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Buying land without mineral rights is almost like buying a house where the former owners retain the right to come in whenever they want. Still people do it.

Kinda.

But you get paid for them doing so.

Surface damages.

I sure hope a pipeline company wants to put a wide pipeline easement through my ranch before long... smile

Or build a well location, facility sight, or even run a seismic survey. wink

I've seen some pretty small scale landowners written checks that would stagger you.

That does take some of the sting out of it...

Last edited by Dryfly24; 02/25/20.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,304
Posts18,487,128
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.