GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by smokepole
Next thing you know, they'll have a White House Enemies list. Deja Vu all over again.

About time.

Every president has the right to hire and fire people for whatever reason he chooses. Like others have said, it happens, or should have happened on day 1. No need to go all Nixon though.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
RUSH:
You know what happened? I’ll tell you what happened. I now know what happened. Trump wins in 2016 — and it was a bruising battle. There were Never Trump Republicans and there were the Paul Ryan-establishment Republicans who didn’t like Trump, and Trump attempted to forge an alliance by putting some establishment Republicans in his administration and even some Never Trumpers.

Remember, I met with Trump for the first time after his election in February. It was here at Mar-a-Lago — and pardon me if you’ve heard the story, but, remember, we have people tuning in for the first time every hour on this program. I’ll never forget. I met with him for an hour while walking through Mar-a-Lago. Reince Priebus and Steve Bannon were with him, and he said one of the things that surprised him…

This is a month into his administration.

One of the things that surprised him was he thought that after this much time, after a month that we’d be well on the way to unity in the country, not just with the Republicans — and I was floored. I was flabbergasted, but I shouldn’t have been. Trump loves everybody, and he wants to be appreciated and loved by as many as possible. I looked at him and I said, “Sir, they are always gonna hate you. They are never going to love you. Please. That’s not gonna happen. These people are not going to stop trying to undermine you.”

I was talking primarily about media and the left, and he looked disappointed when I told him this. At any rate, he really tried to forge a common ground alliance, at least on the Republican side, with the people whose noses were out of joint and who had worked against him. He did this for a couple of years, and he was (chuckling) obviously very patient with it — and now he’s had it. He’s had it with all of it, and that’s what Ric Grenell is in there to do.

Ric Grenell — and he will do it. Ric Grenell is Harvard educated, but that’s not a deterrent in this case. He’s one of the most accomplished and one of the most achieved people. He is the… I’m just gonna tell you, he is perfect for this job, temporary Director of National Intelligence. Go in there, get rid of the people that testified against Trump. There are so many moles that are still in there. Now you hear Trump talking about wanting to really reduce the staff, the White House West Wing staff.

He doesn’t need as many people as ex-presidents because he’s not undecided on so much. He knows what he wants to do on a whole lot of things. He doesn’t need 15 advisers, position papers and all this. He doesn’t need a bunch of moles in there undermining him and writing anonymous pieces in the Washington Post saying, “Don’t worry. There’s still some adults in here and we’re making sure Trump won’t do any damage.” This stuff frosts him.

Grenell’s gonna find out who these people are and, in addition to that, Grenell is gonna set up the intelligence community in a way that’s beneficial to the country and to Trump, as it should be. Now, we may not hear of individuals canned, let go, what have you, unless they speak up. But I just wanted to let you know. If you’ve heard the name Grenell, if you’ve heard about his appointment, I just wanted to tell you it’s one of the best things Trump could have done —

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/02/24/ric-grenell-will-get-it-done/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Next thing you know, they'll have a White House Enemies list. Deja Vu all over again.

About time.

Every president has the right to hire and fire people for whatever reason he chooses. Like others have said, it happens, or should have happened on day 1. No need to go all Nixon though.

What is meant by "No need to go all Nixon"?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Be paranoid and come up with an "enemies list." Why not just fire and hire, without all the drama?

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Be paranoid and come up with an "enemies list." Why not just fire and hire, without all the drama?

What drama.

He is finally getting advice from "outside" sources on who is sabotaging his agenda and who is involved in the continuing coup to remove him from office.

A news article is not a White House press release.

No drama, just the facts.

Last edited by steve4102; 02/25/20.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No, he's finally getting around to weeding out people who didn't support him, and the delay is no one's fault but his own. I don't know if you noticed, but his transition team didn't exactly explode out of the blocks, starting when he [bleep]-canned the guy who was in charge of it, early-on.

But now it's "deep state operatives" who are causing the problem. Right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
We've got a Supreme Court Justice speaking out about bias in favor of Trump

I can't imagine a SC Justice playing their hand publicly like that. And Ginsburg is no better.

There should be a loud & continuous outcry about this & force her (or both or them) to recuse themselves from any kind of case remotely related to their comments.

Dems have no shame, obviously, but there should be a much public outcry as is possible on this.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
RUSH:

Ric Grenell — and he will do it. Ric Grenell is Harvard educated, but that’s not a deterrent in this case. He’s one of the most accomplished and one of the most achieved people. He is the… I’m just gonna tell you, he is perfect for this job, temporary Director of National Intelligence. Go in there, get rid of the people that testified against Trump. There are so many moles that are still in there. Now you hear Trump talking about wanting to really reduce the staff, the White House West Wing staff.

Grenell’s gonna find out who these people are and, in addition to that, Grenell is gonna set up the intelligence community in a way that’s beneficial to the country and to Trump, as it should be. Now, we may not hear of individuals canned, let go, what have you, unless they speak up. But I just wanted to let you know. If you’ve heard the name Grenell, if you’ve heard about his appointment, I just wanted to tell you it’s one of the best things Trump could have done —

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/02/24/ric-grenell-will-get-it-done/

All I can say is I hope so.......................waaaaaaaaaaaaay past time.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, he's finally getting around to weeding out people who didn't support him, and the delay is no one's fault but his own. I don't know if you noticed, but his transition team didn't exactly explode out of the blocks, starting when he [bleep]-canned the guy who was in charge of it, early-on.

You don't think they are?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Every administration has had an enemies list. Do you believe otherwise?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Lots of people have commented to the effect that this should have been done on day 1. So whose fault is it that they're still there? If you're running an operation and you have some turds working for you, and they're not doing what you need them to do three years later, and it was within your power to remove them all along, where does the buck stop?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Lots of people have commented to the effect that this should have been done on day 1. So whose fault is it that they're still there? If you're running an operation and you have some turds working for you, and they're not doing what you need them to do three years later, and it was within your power to remove them all along, where does the buck stop?
I must have misunderstood. It seemed like you were saying the Deep State operatives aren't causing problems.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm saying it's been within his power to get rid of them for three years so he should take a hint from Nike.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
It's always fun to watch a jerk poke the bear.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

Kaboku68 might know a thing or two about a "White House Enemies list", but from an administration much younger than Nixon's. You should PM him.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

Its always fun to see the insipid and 100% predictable responses.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
A bloated bureaucracy ruling by fiat and assuming powers never granted to them by the people is a hallmark of oppressive govts. throughout history. In reality draining the swamp would be reducing the apparatchiks by 50% starting at the top. Then get serious about reducing it to the size necessary to actually serve the people.

Small govt. is better govt. Vote out the incumbents.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by lvmiker
A bloated bureaucracy ruling by fiat and assuming powers never granted to them by the people is a hallmark of oppressive govts. throughout history. In reality draining the swamp would be reducing the apparatchiks by 50% starting at the top. Then get serious about reducing it to the size necessary to actually serve the people.

Small govt. is better govt. Vote out the incumbents.

mike r

But my stocks will fall!

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

Its always fun to see the insipid and 100% predictable responses.

Knot in your knickers?

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,777 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,224
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.