S
Anyone seen Xi lately?

Last edited by Slope77; 02/28/20.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Sweden, Belarus and Nigeria added to list of countries with cases.

S Korea had 1000 cases 2 days ago. In 1.7 days it added over 1000 more. It crossed 2000 cases 9 hours ago.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Sweden, Belarus and Nigeria added to list of countries with cases.

S Korea had 1000 cases 2 days ago. In 1.7 days it added over 1000 more. It crossed 2000 cases 9 hours ago.

Nigeria.....unless blacks have a higher level of immunity, that’s going to be an awfully hard one to get ahold of. Now that we see stats from more “open” countries like Korea, it makes you wonder what reality is in China.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oregon's first case, unknown origin and working at an elementary school.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireS...case-elementary-school-employee-69298619

SALEM, Ore. -- Oregon's first coronavirus case emerged on Friday, and the infected person worked at an elementary school in the Portland area, which will be temporarily closed, authorities said.

“The case was not a person under monitoring or a person under investigation. The individual had neither a history of travel to a country where the virus was circulating, nor is believed to have had a close contact with another confirmed case — the two most common sources of exposure," the Oregon Health Authority said in a statement.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Getting interesting, Squidge.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnn
From my understanding the Corona virus and lymes disease go hand in hand.

lol , took me about 6 seconds....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Musicianized
Its just the flu nothing to worry about.

It won't spread in the USA because our medical system is more advanced than other countries..

The flu is much much worse..

It just kills old people..

Excuse me while I spray some lysol on all the stupid [bleep] I've seen people say.

It doesn't matter if it jumped from bats or if it is indeed a manufactured virus. It's serious [bleep] and you better plan on either getting sick or preparing now. It's going to spread here and probably already is.
How many people here in the USA have died from it?

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Quick general question...From what little I've always understood about Virus' in general, they don't respond to Antibiotics. Yet there is a big worry here that we'll run out of antibiotics because like 80% of them come from China. If a patient develops Pneumonia due to Coronavirus, wouldn't it be the Viral type unresponsive to Antibiotics?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's probably on the money.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
You mean my assessment?

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Fireball2
You mean my assessment?

LOL

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's here, it's been here, there's probably at least tens of thousands in the country with it.

How often do y'all see a doctor when you're sick? I generally don't. And on the occasions you do go, how often do they actually run labs or tests? Never for me. Usually just take this, get some rest.

People who never showed symptoms have tested positive. How many more have/had it without any, or just very mild symptoms?

I bet time will show the perception was far worse than the reality.

Almost a month old, but the message is still spot on (start at 36 seconds)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PWY0oZV51VY&feature=youtu.be

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your point is well taken. JoeBob said the same thing the other day or nearly so. The Flu has been especially bad this year. When we go to the Doc for something, we're asked if we want tested and the answer is always "no" because they're gonna charge you for labs and you're gonna get the same meds and advice anyway and likely be either over it or dead by the time the results come back. I expect there are those that always get tested because they're flush with cash and others whose insurance covers it, but I'd guess that there are a lot like us, and still others who just tough out any given illness without going to the doc at all. So although I lean towards "it hasn't arrived in great numbers yet", I think there's still a pretty good possibility you're right.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/first-...been-confirmed-in-washington-2020-02-29/

The first coronavirus death has been reported in the United States. Washington State Department of Health confirmed the news on Saturday, saying an individual from Kings County in Washington died from COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus.

In a statement, Washington Governor Jay Inslee said on Saturday that "our hearts go out to their family and friends."

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
it's gonna be day by day guys

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sse
it's gonna be day by day guys

Very true, I suspect that the number of confirmed cases in the US will jump dramatically once testing for the virus finally gets off the ground.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Newest case, a rural man in Northern California who never leaves the house, and with no known contacts that have tested positive, with any symptoms or has done any recent travel...

Which brings up people lying. No one is really going to know who has been where or in contact with whom.

Phil

What it means is that the virus is circulating among Californians in daily life. The state has asked over 8500 people WHO TRAVELED TO CHINA AND RECENTLY RETURNED to self-quarantine for 2 weeks. Does anyone think that all of them voluntarily did the right thing and avoided all contact with all people??? It's out there.

The ex came back from China on 2/3. She hadn't traveled to Hubei, nor had any contact with anyone that had been there (to her knowledge). She did the 2 week self-quarantine. But.... There was the entire airplane full of folks that came in with her from Inchon, as well as customs staff here and in China and Korea, as well as car rental staff. She saw the boys once during the quarantine, and stayed at least 5 yards away from everyone once she'd arrived at her quarantine location. So even while religiously doing the right thing, there were dozens to hundreds of people she may have been in contact with from start of transit to end of quarantine.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Exactly, quarantine doesn't actually work because it's virtually impossible to do an actual "pure" lockdown. It's mostly for a govt to say that they did something, flex their supposed muscle, and gain more funding somehow.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
It's here, it's been here, there's probably at least tens of thousands in the country with it.

How often do y'all see a doctor when you're sick? I generally don't. And on the occasions you do go, how often do they actually run labs or tests? Never for me. Usually just take this, get some rest.

People who never showed symptoms have tested positive. How many more have/had it without any, or just very mild symptoms?

I agree with you on this, though I still think that we do not know how "bad" it will be in this country, but I wouldn't want to be over 80 years right now.

Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 48 invisible), 2,014 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,760
Posts18,495,496
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.