Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 42 of 62 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 61 62
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The question you asked to start the thread was supposed to do just that. Unfortunately, they missed the clues, as they do also regarding JESUS.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

[/quote]

You are not even close. We recovered in spite of, not because of theocratic dogma. [/quote]
Any recovering this nation is going through is because of God, Trump and mainly other believers who got off their asses and voted him in.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Fubarski
...you can't stand to see someone believe in a higher power.
Nailed it, plain and simple. Period.
No, it's still about evidence and justification, always was and always will be.
For you, maybe quite the case - but that "all about" is a personal human need - or possibly some avoidance behavior. In the course of this thread, some non-believers have attributed a variety of beliefs and behaviors to Christians as a category - and much of that as negative. That behavior has been ineffective. Really, after all, these disagreements are not disagreements between and among humans - the disagreements are clear when one compares what God says with that which is said by non-believing humans. Of course, this cleft is nothing new - it is, at least, centuries old. God endures - the human does not.
Before a god can say anything he must exist, for which I see no good evidence.
I see plenty of people, such as yourself, claiming to speak for god(s), so, yea, this is between people.
Your ophthalmologist may already have told you such but, in my case, your eyesight is quite poor. I make zero claim about speaking for God - none - although, at times, I will state what I personally see in His commandments and directions. Clearly, you do not see what I see. We are humans and, thus, incapable of seeing and knowing all that God has been, is, and will be. And, our human capabilities differ - we do not all "see" the same. If, by chance, I were to opine that God is not interested in the futile human process and search for evidence about God, and not interested in what evidence humans do or do not find, what would you express in response?
Instead of weasel worded hypotheticals about what your position might be, why won't you just plainly state it.
It looks as though you don't grasp the potentially exquisite subtleties of the subjunctive case. Too bad. So, as you suggest, here it is in your face. How do you respond to a position such as this:-"God is not interested in the futile human process and search for evidence about God, and not interested in what evidence humans do or do not find."

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
God, if He exists, sure has an awful lot of wrath. Especially for a God of Love and Tender Mercy.
To quote some unknown (to me) person - "How does one know smooth if one does not know rough"?
It goes much, much further than that. Rough is not the same as brutal.
So it does - that entry was for contextual purposes. Seems like a matter of "You'll know it when you feel it".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Reading fiction doesn't make you educated.

Taking exception to your statement - if a person is sufficiently capable and caring, everything experienced is educative.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I replied to starfish with this:

We think you're pretty weird. Is there a law against being backward? We know it grates on you. You grate on us. I tell you what, if you dont talk to us, we wont talk to you. Deal?

Evidently he is MIA. Good. He must have taken me up on the deal. Hes not talking to us.

He needs us. We dont need him. Amazing, he has been the one in need of believers to pick it. Believers don't need him.

Good riddance. Please, no one talk to him.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find it interesting how you are no longer arguing for the truth of your proposition, and retreated to "but it has benefits", but so do most religions.
That’s rich comin’ from you, an atheist, who responded to...and has spent so much time on...a thread titled “Why are you a Christian...?”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1 Corinthians 1:21-25
“For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.”

Glory to God in the Highest!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Christianity offers peace, not worldly goods, or documentarable modern textbook evidence.
Jesus offers a contentment that exceeds your expectations. You just must be ready for a more Peaceful life to begin .
People are just plain old flawed, no exceptions, but we can seek a Peace in our lives amid the turmoil.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Someone new just reading here might think the idea was to drive non believers away.
Sir, respectfully, you start a great many of these threads...knowing ahead of time that once the resident atheists show up...it’s gonna become what it often does. Unfortunately. It’d be no different if one started a thread titled ‘Why are you a Conservative’ and then when the resident liberals showed up it’d turn into the same kinda mess.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks Antlers, I'm just trying to say we should act decent to everyone.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Antlers, I'm just trying to say we should act decent to everyone.

I tend to agree. But I seem to lack tact. Right after I retired I was hired as a consultant in another town. While talking with the superintendent I mentioned I was trying to be more tactful as I age. He quickly responded, "Well, you're failing." I guess the world is not ready for the blunt truth.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
s
Someone new just reading here might think the idea was to drive non believers away.
Sir, respectfully, you start a great many of these threads...knowing ahead of time that once the resident atheists show up...it’s gonna become what it often does. Unfortunately. It’d be no different if one started a thread titled ‘Why are you a Conservative’ and then when the resident liberals showed up it’d turn into the same kinda mess.
Yes, the attacking posts are now as predictable as a summer sunrise, However, I'm not at all certain that the attackers are actually "atheists" as such. To call them that might be giving them more credence than deserved. Obviously, they are seeking to bait Christians and stir animosity - possibly simply because they cannot stand for fellow humans to be secure in such rewarding beliefs when they, themselves, cannot reach that state or condition. Predictable, but maybe not easily understood.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Maybe subversives in disguise pushing the communist step of destroying our religion as one page of the communist plan? They sure are "driven" for having no dog in the fight? Surely there wouldnt be money involved. whistle

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
s
Yes, the attacking posts are now as predictable as a summer sunrise, However, I'm not at all certain that the attackers are actually "atheists" as such. To call them that might be giving them more credence than deserved. Obviously, they are seeking to bait Christians and stir animosity - possibly simply because they cannot stand for fellow humans to be secure in such rewarding beliefs when they, themselves, cannot reach that state or condition. Predictable, but maybe not easily understood.

If you started threads with titles like "Why are you an Atheist?" or "Why are you a liberal?" Would they NOT turn into identical messes? You should try it. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
s
If you started threads with titles like "Why are you an Atheist?" or "Why are you a liberal?" Would they NOT turn into identical messes? You should try it. wink
Most typically, I do not start threads of any type - have only started a few over a period of about 12 years, and not one about Christianity (assuming that my aged memory is still sharp). So, why should I start one about atheists, or Christian-baiters, etc.? OK, OK, OK - LeroyBeans, why are you an atheist

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Western civilization began long before Christianity.
And...? Regardless...are you denying the positive impact of Christianity upon Western Civilization...?

The church went a long way in ushering in the dark ages, suppressing progress. And yeah, I know the Irish Monks did their bit in preserving manuscripts from the classical era, but that's not the point. Rather than the church hierarchy or christian doctrine that brought on the enlightenment, it was the inquiring minds of gifted thinkers who thought outside of the teachings of the church.

Your prejudice is amazing. The Creationists Christians are the ones who brought us out of the dark ages. Stop reading atheist's propaganda, man.

The point was, that rather than it being religious thinking that brought on the enlightenment, it was free thought and rationalism that brought progress, enlightened minds.

Newton, at al, were theists because belief in a higher power was a part of their culture, but it was their inquiring minds that made discoveries outside of the box of religious faith, not because of it.....as I already said, which was apparently misconstrued.

Progress was made not because of religious belief, but in spite of it...think of the trouble Darwin had with evolution in a time when special creation was taken as gospel.

This is history.

Last edited by DBT; 02/26/20.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have heard that many advances are made with Revelations of The Holy Spirit.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have heard that many advances are made with Revelations of The Holy Spirit.

For example?

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I said I head that, of course I can not "Prove That"

Not to be ornery about it, can You prove Not?

Page 42 of 62 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,832
Posts18,478,014
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.