Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
DST is a stupid idea that should never have come into existence.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Brazos
As I understand it, states can opt out of DST on their own, but federal law prevents year around DST.

Correct.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Loves me some DST. DST year round for the win!

Yes, I like to have daylight in the evening to work around the house and for the kids to play sports.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jfruser

Yes, I like to have daylight in the evening to work around the house and for the kids to play sports.

The Uniform Time Act permits states to choose whether they want to observe daylight saving time or remain on standard time permanently all year without any legislative approval from the federal congress. However, the act does not permit states the option to remain on daylight saving time permanently all year.

Last edited by mudhen; 02/27/20.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jfruser

THIS is why we should make it year-round and not change back in the fall.

Most of those who don't like the DST change are old farts who would grump about every minor inconvenience. They could care less about younger families having more afternoon and evening recreation time.

I'm all for anything that might get kids outside more.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
If people want more time in the afternoon they should get up earlier to get a start on things. Some common sense instead of fooling themselves into getting "more" daylight. I always thought it would make more sense for schools and businesses to change their start times if they absolutely had to. Be a grown ass adult and change your schedule, save the foolery for kids and santa claus, the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Louisiana has a bill coming up that will keep DST year round, if US laws are changed to make it legal. I dont care which they choose, just stop the changing back-n-forth.

+1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by HawkCreek
If people want more time in the afternoon they should get up earlier to get a start on things. Some common sense instead of fooling themselves into getting "more" daylight. I always thought it would make more sense for schools and businesses to change their start times if they absolutely had to. Be a grown ass adult and change your schedule, save the foolery for kids and santa claus, the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny.

No job I assume......

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho is also split but they ran the boundary through a very low populated mountain area.

[Linked Image from timetemperature.com]

Idaho or at the least western ID should be Pacific time. Boise is only about 50 miles east of LA.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just make me King, Imperial Wizard, Grand Vizier, HRH Geno, and Overlord of All

I'll put it the way I want it.

The rest of you all will just have to live with it then.

Too Many noggins in Congress to get anything done, we need a one brain system.......................MINE!

Geno

Last edited by Valsdad; 02/27/20.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Y’all need some negroes to take your mind off of such mundaneness.

We have a few.

But no Popeye's so they don't have chiggum sammiches to fight over.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Retired boomer??

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by callnum

Retired boomer??

Originally Posted by Raeford

No job I assume......

I'm 37 and own my own (small) construction company. Hopefully someday I'll get back to ranching.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'd prefer they would just set it up so we have the most day light time in the summer and never change it in the winter.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm an owner as well, most days I need to be there until 5-5:30......being fairly far east in the time zone[EST] it's dark when I leave on the shortest days of the year. I hate it.

FJB & FJT
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by Raeford
I'm an owner as well, most days I need to be there until 5-5:30......being fairly far east in the time zone[EST] it's dark when I leave on the shortest days of the year. I hate it.

I get what you are saying. I hate getting up in the dark unless there is big game to be hunted and even then it can be a struggle. But no matter what the clock says... it's still the same time of day. It doesnt help me one bit if the clock days the sun comes up at 5AM or 5PM, I still have the same amount of things to do while the sun is up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Depending on where one lives, getting up earlier in the AM won't help much..........any earlier in the winter where I live and it'll be full dark when I feed the chickens. It's already just breaking dawn in the dead of winter, and the chickens are still in bed.

The only time I enjoy being up and at 'em at the break of dawn is when I'm fishing or hunting.

Give me afternoon/evening light please.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hated when I was trying to work my 8-4 ‘worky-job’ and still trying to run my construction biz in the afternoon. The winter it gets dark at 4:45 around the solstice.

But in the summer months, whoa!!! I could leave the Deathstar at 4 and roof houses till almost 9pm

Always have ignorant old stereotype boomer lady “why in tarnations you wanna wait till hottest part of the day to do carpentry work...?? And why on earth don’t you leave at 5, I go to bed soon”
STFU and go back inside, take your hearing aids out and take your 9000 mg of prozac and [bleep] or whatever you tards are overly medicated on and watch wheel of fortune and drown out my circular saw.

Haha.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
End it permanently! I hated it from the very beginning in Texas. It put all the drive-in movies out of business for one thing and when my kids were in elementary school they had to wait in the dark for the school bus in the mornings. When I worked in the construction business we just went to work earlier in hot weather.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho is also split but they ran the boundary through a very low populated mountain area.

[Linked Image from timetemperature.com]

Idaho or at the least western ID should be Pacific time. Boise is only about 50 miles east of LA.
I agree but I'm glad it's not. I like the long evenings. Boise isn't that far east of Moscow. We used to get out of class in Moscow at 4pm and walk home in the dark.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 7mm_Loco, 7 invisible), 1,164 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,685
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.