Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Corona 2020 is pretty scary. Oooooh the boogeyman

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Wolfen scared me back in the day. the other one I remember was "The 6th Sense". so damned slow, and soft spoken, and understated. ended up scaring the crap out of me.

Another good one. Only problem with it is that you can only really watch it once. Once you know Bruce Willis is a ghost, the plot is ruined for a rewatch.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs
Saw the Exorcist with 6 of my biggest toughest friends. We all went home and slept with the lights on ...

After I saw The Omen I slept with the lights on and I was 21 years old.

What about Rosemary's Baby?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My mother's name is Rosemary.

I AM Rosemary's Baby.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
My mother's name is Rosemary.

I AM Rosemary's Baby.

Do you have hoofed feet?

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by pahick
9 yrs old. Parents didnt allow horror movies. Went to a friends and watched Salems Lot. Done! Never saw a true horror movie again besides a few clips here and there. Couple yrs ago moved woman in, she got some movies together, I grabbed some grub. Sit down and Saw was coming on. Screw that! Psycho bitch! She moved on quick like.

I remember the mini-series "Salem's Lot" being pretty intense.

For me "Jaws" was pretty bad because I had seen it as a teen and never been to the ocean. My older sister dug her nails into my BIL's arm when he was trying to scare her during the movie. That was funny.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Alien was pretty intense too. I was stationed at Ft. Benning in 1979 and a buddy of mine and I went in to Columbus to watch it. The movie theatre was pretty empty but there was a guy sitting in front of us. Everytime something happened he would jump and almost come over the seat.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Back when our son was little he used to relish sneaking back to his older sister's bedrooms a few minutes after they had turned the lights off and were in bed and play the Michael Myers entry theme notes from the Halloween movie on his little battery powered keyboard outside their closed doors. eek cry ... whistle grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by joken2

Back when our son was little he used to relish sneaking back to his older sister's bedrooms a few minutes after they had turned the lights off and were in bed and play the Michael Myers entry theme notes from the Halloween movie on his little battery powered keyboard outside their closed doors. eek cry ... whistle grin

Bwahahahaha! grin

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
"Frankenstein's Army", a 2013 Czech movie about a squad of Russian infantrymen who, in 1945 east Germany, happen upon the lab of a deranged German scientist re-animating the dead with special 'powers'. Super gory and creepy, and kind of shocking when you consider that it is entirely plausible that it could have been. Well worth watching.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Another one I like is "The Bunker" German soldiers taking refuge in an abandoned bunker and war fatigue starts taking its toll on them thinking the bunker is haunted and it really isnt

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A two-minute rant from Peelosi after botox injection.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Anything by Michael Moore...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jericho
an early 90s movie "Jacobs Ladder" made me jump a couple of times when I watched it the first time. Have it on blue ray here some where.

That one was pretty freaky.

Carpe' Scrotum
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
An the winner is,,,,,

I AM AMERICA!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Not a fan of this genre but for me, Psycho, specifically the shower scene. Hitchcock set the scene and provided all the components for the viewer to construct his own most terrifying scene.

What scared me most was Invaders from Mars, 1953. A bad indie film. I was probably 7 and watched it on TV with the older kids. Young David was awakened by a thunderstorm just in time to see a UFO land in a nearby field. Every adult that investigates is taken over by an alien (of course). Finally David is being chased down a tunnel screaming his head off when his parents wake him from the nightmare. Reassured he settles down and goes to sleep just in time (you guessed it) to be awakened by a thunderstorm... Is it live or is it Memorex? That little twist got me thinking.

I forgot all about that one. It's the one with the ALIEN leaded under a bell jar or something right? And the big goonie/goofy guys that didn't run like normal things do.

Scared the bejeesus out of me that night.

Geno

PS it's not a bad indie film, it's wonderful and I watch it every time I notice it's on!

PPS Beaver's mom was in that movie too!

Last edited by Valsdad; 03/01/20.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Don't think this one's been mentioned.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by EIB0879
9 yrs old. Parents didnt allow horror movies. Went to a friends and watched Salems Lot. Done! Never saw a true horror movie again besides a few clips here and there. Couple yrs ago moved woman in, she got some movies together, I grabbed some grub. Sit down and Saw was coming on. Screw that! Psycho bitch! She moved on quick like.

For me "Jaws" was pretty bad because I had seen it as a teen and never been to the ocean. My older sister dug her nails into my BIL's arm when he was trying to scare her during the movie. That was funny.

Salem’s lot freaked me out as a kid.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by cfran
Originally Posted by EIB0879

Salem’s lot freaked me out as a kid.

Tap tap tap...,open the window....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Don't think this one's been mentioned.

Yep. That was a great one. But like The Sixth Sense, you can only really enjoy it once, due to the huge plot twist.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (325wsm1, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 35, 15 invisible), 1,657 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.