Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
My siblings and I are planning on maybe our last get together. I am 71, I have a brother with lung cancer who is 74, a sister in failing health who is 75 and another brother who is 77 with memory issues. We are from an extremely dysfunctional family and grew up never knowing when the beatings would come, never allowed to have friends and never allowed to play and be normal children. We haven't been together since our parents died years ago and now we are facing the inevetible sometime in the not too distant future. We are spread out from WV, MI, NC and FL.

If any of you are in the same age/health scenarios I urge you to come together and make up for the past with one happy meeting. Tell them you love them just as they are and forgive any past issues.

I look forward to making amends for the past and looking forward to being on the other side with them.

Thank you...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great attitude, good advice.
I wish you all the best.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Best wishes...

Molon Labe
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I pray that God will bless you and your siblings with what ever time he has planned for you!

M
MMM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Best wishes sir, may you all get what is needed from the gathering, and part in love.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Blessings for you and your siblings...

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Best of luck in your family's journey.
Don't over dwell on the past,there has to be many positives to discuss and enjoy.
Kids,grandkids,careers etc...
Enjoy the good stuff...

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Good luck at your get together.
Sure makes me thankful for the parents I and my six siblings had.

NRA Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Best of luck my friend... I'll be doing a visit this month back east to see some family members, that I think this will be my last opportunity to do so...my mom and three of her sisters died last year...have one Aunt still alive.. and she is in an Alzheimers Facility not knowing who she is or where she is...sad tho.. she has 20 or so million in the bank.... hopefully she has a will and it will go to her three daughters and most of her grand children... she has a few grand children I hope won't get a cent.. they'd probably spend it all in a short time on Drugs.... and kill themselves...

All the best for you and your siblings Model 70....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Blessed are the peacemakers.

Went to my aunts funeral yesterday and when the preacher asked if anyone wanted to speak, I jumped up there and said what you said. The same thing I said last week on the fire and got roasted for. Show each other some grace and forgiveness! Get along! Care for each other.

Other than loving God, there's nothing more important. Need to work at it.

LOL
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Model70man: I feel pain at your families troubles - those are not unusual things, sadly.
But I am so happy that you are going to get together for a family "reunion".
My family has always been close and helpful if not overly affectionate.
My two brothers (one older and one younger) and their families are coming from the west coast to visit us this July here in Montana - can't wait to see them.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Best wishes for a pleasant and satisfactory get-together. If I may offer a suggestion that I believe would enhance the event for all concerned: make it a sibling-only gathering - leave any spouses out of it. You all will be able to concentrate 100% on each other (the purpose of the event) and they will not have to cheerfully put up with being there.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Best thing that happened for me was getting a "smart phone" and starting texting 5 years or so ago. I'm the most wandering of the 5 of us siblings and used to only hear from any of them once a month or every two by phone and by email occasionally. Now we have a family text thread every day.

I'm a good 800-900 miles from any of them. Brother that is furthest from me just shared a short video from the Winter Range event for the cowboy action shooters. Other brother sent me pics of his grandkids at the park in NC where they live.

When I'm lucky enough to be down their way for a hunt I get to see the majority of them. Last time we were all together at one time was Mom's funeral a few years back.

But I get to tell them I love them every day by the magic of text!

Geno

PS, some of them do the farcebook thing and have tried to talk me into it......................I refuse!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
model70man - your attitude about this excellent and I feel certain that you will be most pleased to have put forth the effort to create this time together. I hope that the others approach it in the same spirit and that it is greatly rewarding for all involved. Good example - much more of this should be done by all of us.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Best of luck to you, same boat with my upbringing. Hope I can take your approach later but don't see it.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
I pray that God will bless you and your siblings with what ever time he has planned for you!

Amen.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
To all...I am very grateful for each of the kind comments. Thank you all very much. It's a little hard to open up but your comments made it worthwhile. I didn't mention it but I raised my children to trust God, honor their parents while we respect them also and they have been wonderful kids with grandchildren that have never been in any kind of trouble and bring us great joy. Thanks again!

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Have a good time, be safe!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 444Matt, 204guy, 24 invisible), 1,752 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.