Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by wyo1895
now that is a really cool idea! I would gladly pay the extra for an engraved Lightfoot mount

I would contribute to the cause. Maybe you could throw in an honorable mention to those on the forum willing to kick in. Any idea of who could do the work and cost?

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by S99VG
Originally Posted by wyo1895
Maybe I can sneak a lightfoot mount in my next book by showing one on an engraved Savage 99K or something.

Maybe we ought to chip in and get one of his mounts engraved for this proposition!

I had a similar thought but mine was a little more selfish. thought of having one engraved for my own use.
but would chip in for one for posterity.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Nice stuff!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Joe, will come with a pic of a Lightfoot mount and send it to him to see if he will engrave it.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Well, keep me tuned in. I have a feeling I will play a role here eventually. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deerstalker
I had a similar thought but mine was a little more selfish. thought of having one engraved for my own use.

Do it and report back. (committee type things have a way of going awry)

Bear in mind;
- there is not a lot of real estate to deal with
- most of the real estate is small and/or hidden when mounted with a scope
- it'll double the cost of a mount

"Every day above ground is a good day."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So it sounds like the book will need some good close up shots. If nothing else happens then that alone could be a good way to document the provenance of the Lightfoot Mount.

"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mike has cemented his legacy on this earth with his Savage scope mount. Very nice work Mike.

LOL
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I am truly humbled. blush

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yes, most humble men are.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mike , correct me if I am wrong but the mount would have to be soft and white for the engraving would it not?

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mike , correct me if I am wrong but the mount would have to be soft and white for the engraving would it not?

Sorry to cut in, but,..
Soft and white would be preferred. Usually brand new production.
It is not uncommon for an engraver to get a finished piece, remove blue, engrave & re-blue. The typical process.
But get that from the engraver.

"Every day above ground is a good day."
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Just got mine. Looks like a real nice quality scope mount.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage

Sorry to cut in, but,..
Soft and white would be preferred. Usually brand new production.
It is not uncommon for an engraver to get a finished piece, remove blue, engrave & re-blue. The typical process.
But get that from the engraver.

cut in! cut in! I will take information from anyone! it is all gold.
that's what I seemed to remember, having watched a few at large gun shows. I always wanted to try my hand at it but kept so busy cutting lines in wood I never got around to metal except for checkering a few bolt nobs.

Last edited by deerstalker; 03/02/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Yes, I'm assuming in the white and not finely polished. Working with David on one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you going to let us cretins pitch in? maybe David could call it the Lightfoot campfire special edition grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everyone is welcome. I need all the input I can get for the new book. I'll post an outline later today.

wyo1895
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
How about something with a classic pattern that also says Savage Collectors 2020? Of course the maker needs to get his mark in there too.

Last edited by S99VG; 03/03/20.

"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
posted the outline and some pics in another post this morning. I quit working on it last night after I heard about the loss of a close family member who passed away yesterday afternoon.
Posting pics here is getting to be a real PITA due to the limitation of 2 MB. The local computer GURU said using GIMP was the only way with my Apple. Gimp requires a whole bunch of steps for each pic.

wyo1895
[email protected]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 2500HD, bapple, 12 invisible), 1,559 guests, and 939 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,054
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.