-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The French President, is sitting in his office when his telephone rings.

"Hallo, Mr. Sarkozy!" a heavily accented voice said. "This is Paddy down at the Harp Pub in County Clare, Ireland. I am ringing to inform you that we are officially declaring war on you!"

"Well, Paddy," Sarkozy replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," says Paddy, after a moment's calculation, "there is meself, me cousin Sean, me next door neighbour Seamus, and the entire darts team from the pub. That makes eight!"

Sarkozy paused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100,000 men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Begoora!" says Paddy. "I'll have to ring you back."

Sure enough, the next day, Paddy calls again. "Mr. Sarkozy, the war is still on. We have managed to get us some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be Paddy?" Sarkozy asks.

"Well, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Murphy's farm tractor."

Sarkozy sighs amused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 6,000 tanks and 5,000 armored personnel carriers. Also, I have increased my army to 150,000 since we last spoke."

"Saints preserve us!" says Paddy. "I'll have to get back to you."

Sure enough, Paddy rings again the next day. "Sarkozy, the war is still on! We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We have modified Jackie McLaughlin's ultra-light with a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys from the Shamrock Bar have joined us as well!"

Sarkozy was silent for a minute and then cleared his throat. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100 bombers and 200 fighter planes. My military bases are surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I have increased my army to 200,000!"

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!" says Paddy, "I will have to ring you back."

Sure enough, Paddy calls again the next day. "Top o' the mornin', Mr. Sarkozy! I am sorry to inform you that we have had to call off the war."

"Really? I am sorry to hear that," says Sarkozy. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Well," says Paddy, "we had a long chat over a few pints of Guinness, and we decided there is no fookin' way we can feed 200,000 prisoners.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Excellent! laugh

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
That cracked me up!!!!!!! Good one!!!!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Nice. And Paddy's right, too.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... ! ! ! ! !

Good one, Les.... grin

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

My Next Husband Will Be Normal- T. Shirt
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BWAAAA-HAA....Haaaahaa...haaa.

it worked, I mean the link bit.....

not that torpedo.

wonder if that was a skit, or the real thing.....! ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My money is on Paddy unless the French bring in the French Foreign Legion which is made up primarily of former US Marines.

laugh laugh laugh

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That was a killer.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
My money is on Paddy unless the French bring in the French Foreign Legion which is made up primarily of former US Marines.

laugh laugh laugh

Not really, the majority of FFL is European, French citizens making up about 30% of it.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In the first gulf war the media interviewed I think a battalion of FFL and 90% of that unit was former Marines. The unit said almost all the FFl's fighting in the war were former Marines. When the FFL has to team up with an allied force it almost always teams up with US Marines. Says a lot for our glorious Marines. The US State Department allows US citizens to keep their citizenship if they join the Canadian Forces, British Forces, and the French Foreign Legion or at least they use to. I would imagine they probably still do.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That was a right proper funny Les.

"Doing right isn't always easy but it is always right."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry Dude, I believe you are mistaken.

When the FFL has to team up with an allied force it almost always teams up with US Marines.

During the first Gulf War the FFL was on the left flank, working with the Army.
Look, if 30% of the entire FFL is French and there has been a growing Asian recruitment there just ain�t gonna be a unit 90% anything.
Also I can�t find any history of the FFL and the USMC ever fighting together.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For me the main thrust of the joke was Paddy and his inspired decisions to do this or that, whatever confronted with.

Note how politely his "opponent" replies. Paddy might have well declared war on Norway, for all I care.

laugh

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
enjoyed it too Les, thanks, makes up for some of them groaners. grin

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Did I hear someone ask for a groaner? laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Violator22
Did I hear someone ask for a groaner? laugh

Ummm, no, you didn't...

Please believe me.

cry

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Too Late shocked

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think those French guys shot that rocket at Harps Pub after the first call and lied on all the other calls. laugh laugh laugh

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (3333vl, AnthonyB, 35, anothergun, Angus1895, 38HBWC, 13 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,031
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.