Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Originally Posted by kaboku68
From another conservative history teacher to another. Keep teaching until they pry the keys from your cold, dead hands. There are not many of us left.
Indeed.

I found over the years I don't need to try to influence their political views. As a matter of fact they have no idea of my political views as I do not reveal them to the class. Like others on this thread I will take a contrary point at times just to begin a conversation or debate. I just need to teach them to think. Once they do, the rest falls naturally into place.
Thank God for you guys!
Will the last conservative teacher please turn out the lights.

Politics is War by Other Means

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I must confess to a bit of schadenfreude when teaching the 2A.

I am surrounded by Libs.

Thank you for fighting the good fight. Where do you point students who ask where a militia is defined?

Paul, we have already had a conversation of a militia vs. a standing army.

I direct them to the US Constitution Center.

"What is a militia? At the time of the American Revolutionary War, militias were groups of able-bodied men who protected their towns, colonies, and eventually states."

They will also struggle with the meaning of "well-regulated."

I typically ask them if the amendment says that only militias are allowed to bear arms.

We have also have had extensive conversations on what constitutes "The People"

So many people don't understand the difference between an organized an unorganized militia. I also ask people who seem to think the militia refers only to an organized (national guard) militia why "the people" are expressly endowed with the right. Glad you are doing the work you are doing!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I had a conversation with a student the other day when he asked me what I thought about Bernie Sanders. I simply said I didn’t agree with his policies. The kid said he didn’t agree with them except for free college. He said,”I’d like my school paid for.” I said you have 2 years free at a junior college but you won’t go, correct? “Yeah”

I said I’d like my house paid for so how about you and your mom pay my house payment?

He laughed and said, “I’m not living in your house, you chose to build it.”

I said, “I know, and I’m not taking your classes in college, you’re choosing to go there.”

He said he’d never thought of it like that.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

They will also struggle with the meaning of "well-regulated."

What definition of “well-regulated” do you teach?

P

From Constitution.org

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

On other words, well trained or practiced.

Perfect.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kudos for teaching the proper understanding of the meaning of the 2nd amendment

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Thank you for being a real teacher!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hallelujah, Praise the Lord & Pass the Jar !

MORE of you are desperately NEEDED in the N E & Kalifornication ! !

SICK em !!

btw, do you still have MY rifle ? whistle

It still haunts me from time to time. grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by szihn
One thing that is vital is to look at the dates of the adoption of the main Constitution. Articles 1-7 (1789) and then the date of the adoption of the Bill of Right" (1791)
The Bill of Right is 10 AMENDMENTS.............. and therefore something HAD TO BE AMENDED!

That "something" is the so-called Supremicy clause and if you take the 16 minutes it takes for the average person to read every word of Articles One through Severn , you will find that ONLY the "supremacy clause was amended by the Bill of Rights.

THAT is vital to understanding the position that no federal law can ever remove the rights secured by the Bill of Rights (read the 9th amendment; “The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

and 10th amendments ;The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

Please note that powers that are NOT delegated to the United States are powers like what are calmed by the ATF, FBI. DEA, NSA and also by congress and the Senate as written in --1791!!!!! So they could not gain those powers in 1791, and if you read what it says, they can't EVER gain such powers.

so you can have the foundation for this defense.)

Next it must be understood that to be admitted into the Union EVERY state MUST abide by the Bill of Rights for all it's citizens too. It is no more lawful for one state to outlaw guns when another doesn't then it would be to outlaw a religion. the Bill of Rights is 10 amendments, but IT'S ALL ONE LAW!!!!! States and cities not doing so today is the result of people not reading and understanding the 9th and 10th amendments and understanding the word "amendment" so they can see the so-called Supremacy Clause was struck down way back in 1891.

So ----- no Federal law and NO state law is allowed to infringe on any of the rights mentioned in the Bill of Rights (and "others retained by the people" ) The Bill of Rights and the 10th amendment is clear on that, then and for all time.

Lastly here are the definitions of the key words of the 2nd Amendment as used and defined at the time of their writing.

A well ______________________________(successful or effective)
regulated _____________________________(accurate and properly functioning)
Militia______________________________( Every able bodied man between the ages of 17 and 60 who has not been adjudicated mentally ill or convicted of a capital or infamous crime, who has at least 2 front teeth and a trigger finger.)

being necessary________________________( Vital and indispensable)
to the security__________________________(Freedom from risk or danger; safety)
of a free______________________________( Not imprisoned or enslaved; being at liberty. Not controlled by obligation or the will of another
State,__________________________________(the condition or circumstances of a person or thing, a sovereign political power or community, the territory of such a community)

the right _______________________________(a freedom or power that is morally or legally due to a citizen. God Given. Not a privilege which can be revoked, but a condition that can not be lawfully taken away for any reason by another, and can only be surrendered by the holder for the cause of free will, as a sacrifice. A citizen can be deprived of rights criminally by act of infringement by another citizens or official, which would not constitute a waver of rights, but such acts are the very essence of base vulgarity and crime. The state of liberty therefore can be surrendered, the citizen stepping out from under the protection of law, and in fact giving the rights up, but the act of attempting to deprive another of a right or set of rights is unlawful in every instance. )

of the people__________________________( the body politic of the nation. Individual person. All the common men women and children ,all and in singular. My note:
The same context as used in the 1st, 2nd, 4th 5th 9th and 10th amendments and implied in the 6th 7th and 8th)*

to keep ______________________________(To retain personal possession, have a supply of, or to maintain for use or service.)
and bear ______________________________(To carry from one place to another; transport at will, unrestrained .)
Arms________________________________ (weapons that can be man packed by 4 men or fewer. Any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting in a military action.
shall not be infringed.____________________(To transgress, violate, defeat, invalidate or encroach on someone or something in any way shape form or manor.

And lastly look at this >>>> 18 U.S. Code § 241

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—

They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

Yup, I never bought into the notion that the 14th was required to "incorporate" the 2nd to apply to the States. It is clearly stated in the 10th that since the 2nd is reserved to the People, neither the FegGov nor the States may infringe. This needs to be shouted from the mountain tops till enough people get it. Good write up.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just posted this as it's one subject, but I think it may be helpful to you here too, so I'll copy and past it for you to read and help with your coming classes.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both the law and all history is on the side of the "Right" but the "left" is winning because the "Right" doesn't know or understand. You can't assert a right that you don't know exists.

Some of the public servants do know, ...at least some of this.

But reminding you all is not as bad thing to do, so you can argue the facts and the laws more easily.

This is to make your jobs and your task of upholding your oaths easier. It may be wise to save this e-mail in a way you can refer to the laws and quotes later. The dictum "The intent of the law writer is the law" is important when quoting those that gave the written laws to us all in the 1st place.

Norton vs. Shelby County 118 US 425, page 442 held: "An unconstitutional act is not law; it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation, as inoperative as though it had never been passed."

______________________________________________________________________________________
18 U.S. Code § 241

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—

They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Supreme Court, District of Columbia v. Heller (2008)

“…the right to bear arms” means “the individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation.” “the natural right of resistance and self-preservation” and “the right of having and using arms for the self-preservation and defence [sic].” The “American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon”.

Supreme Court, McDonald v. Chicago (2010)

“ self defense is a basic right…and…individual self-defense is the central component of the Second Amendment right.”

"Citizens may resist /unlawful/ arrest to the point of taking an
arresting officer's life if necessary." /Plummer v. State/, 136 Ind. 306.

This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the
case: /John Bad Elk v. U.S./, 177 U.S. 529.

The Court stated: "Where the officer is killed in the course of the
disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is
resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction,
when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if
the officer had no right.

What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than
manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had
been committed."
"An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without
affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction,
and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. lf the
arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will
be no more than an involuntary manslaughter." /Housh v. People/, 75 111.
491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v.
Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v Rousseau,
241 P. 2d 447; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

"When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a
right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel
by force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self
defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified." /Runyan v. State/,
57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

"These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an
arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by
the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private
individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence." /Jones v.
State/, 26 Tex. App. I; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore
v. State, 43 Tex. 93, 903.

"An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted
to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in
defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and
battery." (/State v. > > Robinson/, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

"Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a
case, the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a
wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self-
defense." (/State v. Mobley/, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

"One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as
he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus
it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an
officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without
resistance." (/Adams v. State/, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

"Story affirmed the right of self-defense by persons held illegally.
In his own writings, he had admitted that 'a situation could arise in
which the checks-and-balances principle ceased to work and the various
branches of government concurred in a gross usurpation.' There would be
no usual remedy by changing the law or passing an amendment to the
Constitution, should the oppressed party be a minority. Story
concluded, 'If there be any remedy at all ... it is a remedy never
provided for by human institutions.' That was the 'ultimate right of
all human beings in extreme cases to resist oppression, and to apply
force against ruinous injustice.'" (From /Mutiny on the Amistad/ by
Howard Jones, Oxford University Press, 1987, an account of the reading
of the decision in the case by Justice Joseph Story of the Supreme Court.

As for grounds for arrest: "The carrying of arms in a quiet,
peaceable, and orderly manner, concealed on or about the person, is not
a breach of the peace. Nor does such an act of itself, lead to a breach
of the peace." (/Wharton's Criminal and Civil Procedure/, 12th Ed.,
Vol.2: /Judy v. > > Lashley/, 5 W. Va. 628, 41 S.E. 197)

“No state shall convert a liberty into a license, and charge a fee therefore.” (Murdock v. Pennsylvania, 319 U.S. 105)

--Congressional Record of 1917, page 2949.

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history in America, as an
independent press You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dare
to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it
would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out
of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for
similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest
opinions would be out on the street looking for another job. If I allowed my
honest opinions to appear in one issue of my' paper, before twenty-four hours
my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalist is to destroy the
truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon,
and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I
know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools
and vassals of rich men behind the scenes We are the jumping jacks, they pull
the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities, and our lives are all
the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."

--John Swinton, former chief of staff, The New York Times, in a 1953 speech
before the New York Press Club

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and
other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and
respected their promise of discretion for almost forty years... It would have
been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject
to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now
more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The
supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely
preferable to the national auto determination practiced in past centuries."

-- David Rockefeller, in an address given to Catherine Graham, publisher of The
Washington Post and other media luminaries in attendance in Baden Baden,
Germany at the June 1991 annual meeting of the world elite Bilderberg Group.

"We are going to impose our agenda on the coverage by dealing with issues and
subjects that we choose to deal with."

-- Richard M. Cohen, former Senior Producer of CBS political news

"Our job is to give people not what they want, but what we decide they ought to
have."

-- Richard Salant, former President of CBS News

About The New World Order...

"The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so
monstrous he cannot believe it exists."

-- J. Edgar Hoover, former head of the FBI

"Every child in American who enters school with an allegiance toward our
elected officials, toward our founding fathers, toward our institutions, toward
the preservation of this form of government. all of this proves the children
are sick, because the truly well individual is one who has rejected all of
those things and is what I would call the true international child of the
future."

-- Chester M. Pierce, Harvard University psychiatrist, at a 1973 International
Education Seminar, as quoted in "Educating For The New World Order" by B.K.
Eakman

"The CFR [Council On Foreign Relations, New York City] is the American Branch
of a society which originated in England and believes national directives
should be obliterated and one-world rule established. I know of the operations
of this network because I have studied it for twenty years, and was permitted
in the early 1960's to examine its papers and secret records... I believe its
role in history is significant enough to be known."

--Dr. Carroll Quigley, Professor of International Relations, Georgetown
University Foreign Service School, Washington, D.C., author of the epic
"Tragedy & Hope", advocate of one-world government and personal mentor of
President William Clinton (who acknowledged Professor Quigley during his 1992
presidential inauguration speech)

"We shall have world government whether or not we like it. The only question is
whether World government will be achieved by conquest or consent."

--James Paul Warburg, Chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations, 1921 -
1932, before the U.S. Senate, February 17, 1950

"To achieve world government, it is necessary to remove from the minds of men,
their individualism, loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and
religious dogmas."

-- Brock Chisolm, former Director of the World Health Organization

"The main purpose of the Council on Foreign Relations is promoting the
disarmament of US. sovereignty and national independence and submergence into
an all powerful, one world government".

-- Chester Ward, Rear Admiral and former Navy Judge Advocate 1956 - 1960 and
CFR member for 15 years

<http://www.taxtruth4u.com/cfr.htm>Who's Who in the CFR?!
<http://www.taxtruth4u.com/cfr.htm>Click here!

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible and exercise power from behind the
scenes."

-- Felix Frankfurter, United States Supreme Court Justice

"We operate here under directives from the White House.. [to] use our grant
making power to alter life in the US. so that we can comfortably be merged with
the Soviet Union."

-- Rowan Gaither, former president of the Ford Foundation, in a 1954 statement
to Norman Dodd regarding Congressional investigations of the un-American
activities of tax-exempt foundations operating in the U.S.

"Gentlemen, Comrades, do not be concerned about all you hear about glasnost and
perestroika and democracy in the coming years These are primarily for outward
consumption. There will be no significant internal change within the Soviet
Union, other than for cosmetic purposes. Our purpose is to disarm the Americans
and let them fall asleep."

-- Mikhial Gorbachev, former President of the Soviet Union, to the Politburo in
November of 1987

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, it was planned that
way."

-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I believe that if the people of this nation fully understood what Congress has
done to them over past forty-nine years, they would move on Washington. It adds
up to a preconceived plan to destroy the economic and social independence of
the United States."

-- Senator George Malone of Nevada, speaking before Congress in 1957

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our
freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

-- Abraham Lincoln

"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name
of "liberalism", they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until
one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened."

-- Norman Thomas, for many years the U.S. Socialist Party presidential
candidate

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its
patriotism, its morality and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these
three areas, America will collapse from within."

-- Joseph Stalin, former dictator of the Soviet Union

About a Republic vs. a Democracy...

"I pledge allegiance to the flag, and to the Republic for which it stands..."

-- United States Pledge of Allegiance

"Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever
been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and
have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their
deaths."

-- James Madison

"Democracy is a form of government that cannot long survive, for as soon as the
people learn that they have a voice in the fiscal policies of the government,
they will move to vote for themselves all the money in the treasury, and
bankrupt the nation."

-- Karl Marx, 1848 author of "The Communist Manifesto"

"Liberty has never lasted long in a democracy, nor has it ever ended in
anything better than despotism."

-- Fisher Ames (1758 - 1808)

About Citizens, Politicians And Government...

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest
seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin."

--Samuel Adams

"It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into
error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling
into error."

-- United States Supreme Court - American Communications Association v. Douds

"Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it
teaches the whole people by example. Crime is contagious. If the government
becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for the law; it invites every man to
become a law unto himself."

-- Louis D. Brandeis, former Supreme Court Justice

"It is inherent in government's right, if necessary, to lie... that seems to me
basic - basic."

-- Arthur Sylvester, former Assistant Secretary of Defense

About liberty, Slavery, Truth, Rights And Courage...

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are
free."

--Johann W. Von Goethe

"Fear can only prevail when victims are ignorant of the facts."

-- Thomas Jefferson

"He who knows nothing is nearer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with
falsehoods and errors."

-- Thomas Jefferson

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and
scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it
costs nothing to be a patriot."

--Samuel Clemens...author Mark Twain

"The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by
parts... the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do
nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

"The right to freedom being the gift of God, it is not in the power of man to
alienate this gift and voluntarily become a slave."

-- Samuel Adams

"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of a day. But
a series of oppressions, pursued unalterably through every change of ministers,
too plainly proves a deliberate systematic plan of reducing us to slavery."

-- Thomas Jefferson

"I have never seen more Senators express discontent with their jobs ... we have
been accomplices to doing something terrible and unforgivable to this wonderful
country... we have given our children a legacy of bankruptcy. We have defrauded
our country to get ourselves elected."

-- John Danforth, Republican Senator from Missouri, in an interview in The
Arizona Republic on April 22, 1992

"You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be
repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator
of the Universe."

-- John Adams

"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men."

-- Abraham Lincoln

"Any truth is better than make-believe... rather than love, than money than
fame, give me truth."

-- Henry David Thoreau

'Most people, sometime in their lives, stumble across truth. Most jump up,
brush themselves off, and hurry on about their business as if nothing had
happened."

-- Winston Churchill

"I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of society but the people
themselves, and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise control
with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to
inform their discretion."

-- Thomas Jefferson

"The war against illegal plunder has been fought since the beginning of the
world. But how is... legal plunder to be identified? Quite simply. See if the
law takes from some persons what belongs to them, and gives it to other persons
to whom it does not belong. See if the law benefits one citizen at the expense
of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a
crime. Then abolish this law without delay ....... If such a law is not
abolished immediately it will spread, multiply and develop into a system."

-- Frederic Bastiat, French author of "The Law" (1848)

“I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians.” – George Mason, co-author of the 2nd Amendment.

“A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves.” – Richard Henry Lee.

“And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” – Samuel Adams.

“Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence.” – George Washington

“Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?” – Patrick Henry.

“The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.” – Alexander Hamilton.

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

“To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them.” – George Mason.

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe.” – Noah Webster.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” – Benjamin Franklin.

“A free people ought to be armed.” – George Washington.

“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” – Thomas Jefferson.

“The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.” – George Washington.

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria)

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
- James Madison

> Do you know what the Number One cause of death is, world-wide, in the 20th Century?
Cancer?
Heart Disease?
Obesity?
Influenza?
Auto Accident?
Stupidity?

This little video is very important:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/0sujnvIV4g4

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Because You have rejected knowledge I will also reject You
.."..............God, --------------------------------through the profit Hosea

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 300_savage, 35 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,235
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.