Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You guys are late if your just now starting to panic and stock!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If the good Lord had wanted mankind to be rational, He would never have given them genitals.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have bought some 9Mmm for church defense. I doubt if that pushed the charts much.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by denton
Ammunition sales are up sharply the past couple of weeks.

Seems strange to me. That level of civil unrest is extremely unlikely, and it's very hard to shoot a virus. If it's roving gangs of toilet paper thieves you're worried about, I suppose it might make a (very) little sense.

If you don't have enough ammo on hand for your regular target practice, you may see shortages for a little while.

Heard a story about a conversation at a dinner party. The gist of it was, some people are saying that they expect President Trump to win a second term.They also firmly believe that at the end of his second term he will declare martial law, stay in power indefinitely. It was insinuated that if he stole the election they would have to prevent him from being inaugurated. The person leading the conversation is a highly educated professional in the legal field.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Seems strange to me. That level of civil unrest is extremely unlikely, and it's very hard to shoot a virus. If it's roving gangs of toilet paper thieves you're worried about, I suppose it might make a (very) little sense.

If you don't have enough ammo on hand for your regular target practice, you may see shortages for a little while.

Heard a story about a conversation at a dinner party. The gist of it was, some people are saying that they expect President Trump to win a second term.They also firmly believe that at the end of his second term he will declare martial law, stay in power indefinitely. It was insinuated that if he stole the election they would have to prevent him from being inaugurated. The person leading the conversation is a highly educated professional in the legal field.

Was Fletcher Knebel involved in the conversation?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Tell that mf'er to get ready.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I have to admit to contributing to that statistic, but wasn’t aware I was doing it in anticipation of viral unrest. Just needed some. Could have been unconscious.

Same here. Saw a post here on the fire and followed up on it and another caliber/cartridge. Really, can never have too much in those calibers/cartridges

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

This would cause massive demonstrations not seen since the Vietnam War era. This guy does not have the nerve to do it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

This makes no sense. I mean a box of 9mm Luger costs about $10. For that one can buy five cans of Deutsche Kuche soups or five cans of tuna. Soup or tuna is much more useful than a box of ammo. Naturally if one wants healthier food from glass jars for $10 the quantity drops to 3 jars of soup and two jars of tuna. This is still far better deal than a box of ball ammo.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Slavek

This would cause massive demonstrations not seen since the Vietnam War era. This guy does not have the nerve to do it.

She. A naturalize U.S. citizen of middle eastern descent. I questioned the person relaying information about the conversation to me if she slept through her courses where the constitution was discussed.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Slavek

No.dumbphuck, he does not have the DESIRE to do it.

There are a lot of hysterical liberal Elitists who have been spewing such BS since Trump got elected.

Once his second term is over, he will be glad to leave Washington.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The individual (or group) with more lead will have your food and your gold.

This makes no sense. I mean a box of 9mm Luger costs about $10. For that one can buy five cans of Deutsche Kuche soups or five cans of tuna. Soup or tuna is much more useful than a box of ammo. Naturally if one wants healthier food from glass jars for $10 the quantity drops to 3 jars of soup and two jars of tuna. This is still far better deal than a box of ball ammo.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I don’t need to buy any, but I did use on hand components to load 100 rounds of LSWC .38 Special.

Sam......

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I need to load a bunch more 223’s

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I don’t need to buy any, but I did use on hand components to load 100 rounds of LSWC .38 Special.

Wow , A whole 100 rounds ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I guess this means people are getting ready to shoot anyone that has the virus to keep it from spreading.

Might work too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Buck720
You guys are late if your just now starting to panic and stock!

ahh, I will be WAY late, on this one I guess. Still have not done my Y2K hoarding.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
We can only hope that Covid 19 spreads thought the Democrat party like a brush fire on a dry windy day

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I guess this means people are getting ready to shoot anyone that has the virus to keep it from spreading.

Might work too.

I think it's more about concerns over civil unrest and the breakdown of civil order in the wake of a deadly pandemic.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ammo sales has been booming in virginia last few months with a bunch of crazy dems in power.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

354 members (2alphas2, 2500HD, 160user, 3333vl, 257 mag, 38 invisible), 2,019 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,498
Posts18,472,211
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.