Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Originally Posted by Rug3
DUI killed our 6yr old daughter.

Young man who hit her was about a mile and half from his home, quarter mile from The Tavern. He never recovered from it. Committed suicide years later.

I commend the cop who stopped her. She may never have to suffer the kind of guilt he did.

A very good atty, defended him and he ended up with a minimal charge.

Lost our daughter. Our whole family deeply scarred. Still evokes STRONG feelings/emotions. Young man's life ruined. Suicide. Probably far more ramifications then I'll ever know.

"Only a couple of beers," he told his atty.

I am sorry for the loss of your dear daughter. I am know that there is nothing anyone could ever do or say that could ever mend it, or change it, and I truly wish there was.

Lynn

Indeed very sorry to hear of your dear daughter Rug3 - so sad .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by hunter4623
I wonder what his probable cause for the stop was

I knew a cop that would sit and watch the drunks walk out of a bar, obviously intoxicated. He would wait until they got in their car and start it before arresting them.

Thus they were charged with DWI vs being charged with Public Intoxication if he'd arrested them before getting in the car.

DWI = Thousands of dollars.

PI = $100 fine.

Go figure.

Yeah,but you'll never see that in front of the cops bar.

Heck,

In Aurora, a cop can pass out drunk in his cop care at a stop lite and blow over 0.2 and not even get a ticket.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On private property, what was the probable cause to make a "traffic stop"?

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I love how so many on here act like Saints. Especially at 22 years old.

One word of advice, hire a good attorney but be wary of local. If it's anything like around here, the prosecuting attorneys and the defense attorneys are all in it together and the outcome of the case will be decided over drinks at their favorite watering hole. Hire an out of town attorney with a good reputation.

Sometimes though it can work in your advantage hiring local even if both the prosecuting and defending are on good terms. What I've seen in our town the outsiders are at a disadvantage right out of the gate because the judges can also be on good terms with both the defense and prosecuting attorneys.The good old boy club can work both ways.

Last edited by Cretch; 03/07/20.

3825 24336
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Get a lawyer. Get after it.

Take yer lumps and move forward.

No need....whatsoever...... to suffer unduly.

Lots of people seem to want to punish others for their shortcomings or guilt?

I am MAGA.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
No sympathy whatsoever from me and I guarantee there is more to the story than what is being told.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Asking for advise about drunk driving on the Fire? You came to the right place! . All kidding aside, I got away with a few close calls when I was a kid. I learned the fast way before the hard way taught me. I quit any alcohol when I was 19. I drank a few beers and some whine in the last 36 yrs. Want some real advise? Dont touch the crap. A little self righteous , yes, but I stand no chance of any alcohol related problems as long as I live.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Originally Posted by hunter4623
I wonder what his probable cause for the stop was

I knew a cop that would sit and watch the drunks walk out of a bar, obviously intoxicated. He would wait until they got in their car and start it before arresting them.

Thus they were charged with DWI vs being charged with Public Intoxication if he'd arrested them before getting in the car.

DWI = Thousands of dollars.

PI = $100 fine.

Go figure.

Yeah,but you'll never see that in front of the cops bar.

Heck,

In Aurora, a cop can pass out drunk in his cop care at a stop lite and blow over 0.2 and not even get a ticket.

Seen that [bleep] happen all the time

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I guess we all see things differently, DUI is a bad deal and should be treated as such. I told my three kids to never drink and drive and if you don't call me if you get caught. Oldest son got caught for DUI during his last year at FSU. He got his azz out of it somehow and I wouldn't of known anything about it except for him bringing a friend up hunting a few years later that was with him. DUI can have serious consequences and needs to be treat as such, sorry doesn't cut it.

Life is good live it while you can.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Funny stuff. If this girl was black or Mexican the fire faithfull would be calling for her head on a platter.

Has it is she dint do nuthin

Last edited by callnum; 03/07/20.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
In the era of dash cams, body cams, and records retention requirements, discretion is limited. You give someone a break and they do something bad, you’re in the wind. The first thing a department does is examine your actions and try to absolve itself of liability. They’ll whip out all the laws and show how you knowingly failed to enforce the law. The footage will show the same. Hopefully your guild has good attorneys.

OR

No one gets any breaks for anything and you sleep easy at night.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by callnum
Funny stuff. If this girl was black or Mexican the fire faithfull would be calling for her head on a platter.

So what kind of girl are you?

Black or Mexican?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The first advice, don't do it again.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
No sympathy whatsoever from me and I guarantee there is more to the story than what is being told.

Yea, what really happened?

After some thought, I've revised my hypothesis.

Lets assume the core elements of the story are reasonably true.

Officers watching the bar, trying to keep the obviously drunk from driving, and putting themselves and others at risk.

A group comes out. No one gets in a vehicle, but they start walking.....how drunk do they have to be for the officer to follow them for seven blocks?

She ran home to get the vehicle to pick up the "stragglers". Was someone(s) too drunk to walk the 8 blocks? That would explain the sudden urge for a vehicle.

She's get the vehicle, perhaps the officers already made contact with the straggles for public intoxication, or in her state, she fails to turn on her headlights...In this town, nothing gets you pulled over quicker then no head lights on a Friday night....

GW,

You only did this kind of work for what, 20, 30 years?

Does that sound about right to you?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by callnum

So what kind of girl are you?

Black or Mexican?

Predictable response from a hypocrite boomer.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
https://www.uber.com/

Way cheaper...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
In the era of dash cams, body cams, and records retention requirements, discretion is limited. You give someone a break and they do something bad, you’re in the wind. The first thing a department does is examine your actions and try to absolve itself of liability. They’ll whip out all the laws and show how you knowingly failed to enforce the law. The footage will show the same. Hopefully your guild has good attorneys.OR No one gets any breaks for anything and you sleep easy at night.
You have a good point. Once he stopped her if he had sent her back home and 20 minutes later she has a fatal accident his a$$ would have been hung. The agency would have been hugely liable also. If an officer doesn't want to arrest somebody they best not inject themselves into the situation.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kid0917
sounds like she was still in the driveway when he stopped her?
If so he gave her a break, this will be tossed and she will learn a huge lesson.
still cost you low thousands, I am sure.

Wouldn't make a difference in Ohio. The engine not running wouldn't either. Keys in the ignition is all it takes.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by hanco
Get a lawyer board certified in DUI law!

Thats a thing?

Yeah, was about to ask, they have those???

Pay $1,000.
Take a test.
Get your certificate.

#4. Charge higher rates.

Exactly...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Armednfree
sounds like she was still in the driveway when he stopped her?
If so he gave her a break, this will be tossed and she will learn a huge lesson.
still cost you low thousands, I am sure.

Wouldn't make a difference in Ohio. The engine not running wouldn't either. Keys in the ignition is all it takes.
If I want to sit in my truck/car on my property and drink while listening to the radio IT'S NONE OF YOUR OR ANYBODY ELSES GODDAM BUSINESS. Who the fuuck makes and condones these laws ? The dumb fuucks that do need look no further than the mirror to see EXACTLY who's to blame for our loss of liberty in this Country.

Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1minute, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1941USMC, 60 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,892
Posts18,518,350
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.