GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I remember back before MADD when DWI wasn't such a big deal. Cops pulled me over drunk a couple times back then. Asked me if I'd been drinking and I admitted I had, more than a couple, and was headed for home. Both times they asked me where I lived and then told me to get back in my car, drive slow and they'd follow me home. No tickets involved.

Yeah, then some dipshitt the cops let drive off hit and killed a kid whose grieving parents sued and ruined it for everyone. You truly are ratarded.
Shyt, everybody did it back then, including the town judge who was caught driving drunk and given a ride home by the cops many times. I never did end up getting a ticket or having an accident. I told you it just wasn't a big deal. Hell, we could still even buy lawn darts, drive without a seat belt and ride a bike without a helmet back then. Now STFU and GFY you worthless, ass sucking, non producing, scumbag leach.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by readonly
Originally Posted by JWP58

Maybe on their 3rd they can kill a family of 4 and you can catch a manslaughter case.....here's hoping!

Don't worry, I've had my fair share of uppity clients that never thought they or their kid would end up on the wrong side of the law (including several cops). But when they did, they sure were glad I was there for them. Hope you never find yourself in that spot.

RO,

That you for doing your part to preserve the constitutions rights of the common person.

Our country wouldn't be the same with out the services of your profession.

There's a reason access is a constitutionally protected right.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Woodhits
I handled hundreds of DUI cases as a prosecutor and tried a few. Get her case evaluated by a local attorney, sometimes the cops make procedural mistakes and you'll never know if you don't seek professional help. If nothing else, a good lawyer will help her cut a deal with the prosecutor.

I am sure they can.
I have a older brother that never did a night in jail until his 8th DUI, then he did 18 months. He could always afford the best of lawyers..

He now has 13 DUI's to his name, had to leave his home state to avoid prison and of course they will not extradite him on the charges, they don't want him back in their state.
He's recently found he is banned from having a drivers licenses in any state due to his driving history and he if furious about it. He has been hiring lawyers and fighting it.

He just got a driving with no licence charge and did 10 days for it, that is the only time he has ever served other that 18 months he did after his 8th.

I haven't any idea how he has never killed anyone driving. All his DUI related accidents have been single vehicle.

I seldom see him and avoid the subject of his driving issues when I do see him. I once asked him exactly how many DUI's he had.
He gave me a schitty smirk and and asked "arrested for or prosecuted for?" I didn't respond and the topic was closed.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fubarski
What causes the disagreements bout DUIs is the hysteria connected to em, just like COVID.

And the fact that .gov has an obvious monetary/political interest in DUI prosecution, and has set ridiculous standards for what is "drunk".

Shouldn't matter if its a first time, or 15th.

The danger to other motorists is the same, which is to say, minimal.

Only important thing is the actual impact on others.

DUI like the one described in the OP, should be little more than a speedin ticket.

DUI that involves a wreck (caused by the DUI'er), first time or not, go to jail.

Wreck with injuries = more jail.

Death = Even more jail.

The penalty should be associated with the damage to others, not the hysteria.

That sounds mostly right.

The behavior itself poses real risk to other parties. Minimal isn’t accurate.

For sure not everyone wears a .08 the same.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by readonly
Originally Posted by JWP58

Maybe on their 3rd they can kill a family of 4 and you can catch a manslaughter case.....here's hoping!

Don't worry, I've had my fair share of uppity clients that never thought they or their kid would end up on the wrong side of the law (including several cops). But when they did, they sure were glad I was there for them. Hope you never find yourself in that spot.

Just curious... 8 blocks is about 1.3miles, I looked on Uber for a place 1.3miles away and was quoted $5.55 just now...

Is that about what you charge for a dew wie? ;-)

Trying to figure my risk vs cost analysis here.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I take it all back. I would NOT hire you for $1/hour and let you drink my urine for lunch.

One more lost opportunity for you.

Congrats, you didn’t kill an innocent. You likely can’t help yourself....texting while driving.

Typical liberal......no respect for anyone.

I remember back before MADD when DWI wasn't such a big deal. Cops pulled me over drunk a couple times back then. Asked me if I'd been drinking and I admitted I had, more than a couple, and was headed for home. Both times they asked me where I lived and then told me to get back in my car, drive slow and they'd follow me home. No tickets involved.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by MadMooner
What causes the disagreements bout DUIs is the hysteria connected to em, just like COVID.

And the fact that .gov has an obvious monetary/political interest in DUI prosecution, and has set ridiculous standards for what is "drunk".

Shouldn't matter if its a first time, or 15th.

The danger to other motorists is the same, which is to say, minimal.

DUI like the one described in the OP, should be little more than a speedin ticket.

DUI that involves a wreck (caused by the DUI'er), first time or not, go to jail.

Death = Even more jail.

That sounds mostly right.

The behavior itself poses real risk to other parties. Minimal isn’t accurate.

For sure not everyone wears a .08 the same.

The "minimal" description results from the number of individuals driving "drunk" by .gov standards every day, that go undetected because they drive in a manner that does not result in any damage to others.

Similar to young drivers.

They get in fewer wrecks than any other category of drivers, but the wrecks they have tend to be more serious, because of the inexperience and tendency to take chances at a higher speed.

The danger from young drivers is also minimal, but when things go bad, they can go really bad.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Woodhits
I handled hundreds of DUI cases as a prosecutor and tried a few. Get her case evaluated by a local attorney, sometimes the cops make procedural mistakes and you'll never know if you don't seek professional help. If nothing else, a good lawyer will help her cut a deal with the prosecutor.

WH,

In your experience as a prosecutor, of the hundreds of DUI cases that crossed your desk, what portion were "Obvious BS"?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
So, you obviously have no issues with a hunting partner that continually points his loaded firearm in your face?

Death = Even more jail.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Jeebus....such cattiness on the fire tonight!

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
I take it all back. I would NOT hire you for $1/hour and let you drink my urine for lunch.

Congrats, you didn’t kill an innocent. You likely can’t help yourself....texting while driving.

Presumptuous cock sucker too aren't you ? FYI, I don't text at all, while driving or otherwise and my driving record is clean as a whistle to this day. Quite likely I'm more employable than you are so don't worry, you can drink all the piss. I won't be needing it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
You can sure tell who has had DUI'S from just their post. hehehe

Or those who haven’t been caught!

Not necessarily. I was a teenager in the 70’s, driving drunk was frequent back then, even (or especially) among teenagers.

I’ve come close to DWI’s twicesince then, both on motorcycles, both more’n thirty years back. Once I was way over the limit, riding behind an acquaintance. Cop lit up the night behind us, I took a right turn, Cop stayed with the other motorcycle.

Actually getting drunk when out on a motorcycle was rare it just weren’t fun to ride that way. So I would stop at three beers, stretched out over the whole evening.

One time I was just leaving a bar when a woman bought me beer number four, which I drank pretty quick. It was late, a Cop was watching the bar, pulls me over right away saying the yellow traffic light I went though turned red when I was less than half way through the intersection.

Did the field sobriety test OK, veteran Cop said he thought I would blow positive on a breath test but since I was a schoolteacher at the rough local high school and lived like four blocks away from the bar, told me to ride directly home and not do it again. Never have.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have very little tolerance for idiot behavior putting my family at risk.

Texting included.

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jeebus....such cattiness on the fire tonight!

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
So, you obviously have no issues with a hunting partner that continually points his loaded firearm in your face ?
Get off it, I'm sure he doesn't want to hunt with you. Fuuckin drama queens on here are worse than a bunch of little old ladies.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Presumptuous cock sucker too aren't you ? FYI, I don't text at all, while driving or otherwise and my driving record is clean as a whistle to this day. Quite likely I'm more employable than you are so don't worry, you can drink all the piss. I won't be needing it.

Good evening, long time no see. I see you are doing well grin

Lynn

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I am getting a different quilt for my avatar. Mine looks too much like yours.

So, you obviously have no issues with a hunting partner that continually points his loaded firearm in your face ?
Get off it, I'm sure he doesn't want to hunt with you. Fuuckin drama queens on here are worse than a bunch of little old ladies.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
So, you obviously have no issues with a hunting partner that continually points his loaded firearm in your face?

Death = Even more jail.

Moronic comparison.

If a person points a loaded firearm at my face, there's a penalty for that.

The simple fact is that there are millions, if not billions, of drivers that .gov has declared "drunk", due to artificially low standards that make it easy for .gov to extract money from them, while branding them as bad people.

And, there are the same amount of drivers driving, every day, whether you like it or not, that cause no damage to others and behave no different than "sober" drivers.

Every day. All day.

I would have no issues with you posting something intelligent, and though the odds are against it, I don't consider it a danger.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn

Good evening, long time no see. I see you are doing well grin

Lynn
Yes I'm doing fine thanks. How about you ?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It is entertaining, reading drunks posts.

Like it affects no one else....the possibility or otherwise.

Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,903 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,993
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.