Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Valsdad
5-2”

A spinner

I'm only 5'8", so.................almost.

Not so much now that we're both in our 60's.

Backs and scheidt get hurt that way now.

Geno

Is this thread still about drunk driving?

Why not.

I Still like my idea of baseline tests for Everyone.

Uncle Geno's stimulus plan..........more jobs in every State.

Maybe we can hire some watchers for bar doors, too, so the popo can go after the Mary Jane dealers and not have to just sit around waiting.

Just to show we're still on topic, maybe the young lady and her friends were listening to this?

We ain't out to do no one no harm..............

How could anyone be so unkind?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Reckless is no joke.
One of the most serious charges actually.

1st offenders here usually get ARD a decent fine, counseling,
And some funky deal with their record. the DUI isn't on their record.
Unless they get another. Then the first shows up.

A reckless will cause insurance bills you can't begin to imagine.

Oh yes I can.

By wife's gotten a few DWA's (Driving while Asian), also known as careless driving. Ok, not Reckless, but each time she go the maximum fine...

Do you warn friends and relatives to avoid them Asian wimmins now? grin

Why do folks continue to marry them?

I married a Mexican American gal...................don't think she ever even got a ticket for failure to use a turn signal. I know nothing at all since we've been together.

Does your wife drive a Mercedes Benz? I find Asian women in them cars to be the worst laugh

Geno

PS, Just kidding. I feel for you and hope your insurance costs aren't too terribly high.

My wife likes huge luxury SUV's. She's wrecked a GMC Suburban (twice), Lincoln Navigator, and Cadillac Escalade in that order. She's not allowed to drive my new Suburban I purchased after the Escalade.

But there's always a trade off when you marry a .223AI. wink

Gotcha.

Mine likes relatively small Toyotas.

Had to drive F-350s at work and hated it. Crowd the seat forward so she can reach the pedals. At 5'2" tall she damn near needs a stepladder to get in my Tacoma.

Geno

Mines 4'9"

She sits on a cushion on about a 3" in her little Buick suv.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
baseline test?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
USed to be one could just use the old phone books, especially in a good sized town.

Now one is forced to use cushions.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Billings wouldn’t be thick enough

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
baseline test?

Look back a page or two.

I proposed a baseline test before granting a driver's license. See how much one can tolerate before becoming "impaired". Some folks were complaining they were being held to too low of a standard.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Billings wouldn’t be thick enough

Our local one is thinner than a Reader's Digest. And the same dimensions. One better have a tiny ass to fit on it.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
baseline test?

Look back a page or two.

I proposed a baseline test before granting a driver's license. See how much one can tolerate before becoming "impaired". Some folks were complaining they were being held to too low of a standard.

Geno

Rolling a joint blindfolded?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
baseline test?

Look back a page or two.

Geno

Rolling a joint blindfolded?

No, nothing so hard.

Cones in the parking lot, after a few drinks, maybe a lincoln log cabin building test under time constraints. Start with 2 drinks, test BAC, perform exercise, etc etc until one fails.

A good alky ought to get to about a 0.15. So they should be OK to drive at 0.1, right?

Time for HOCKEY.

Y'all enjoy yourselves tonight.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
She needs a good lawyer.

The cop in that case was a shickenchit. But she still needs a good lawyer.

Well unless she drove away then slammed into your daughter.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cowman
Got a call from my daughter last night from the local police station. She had been picked up for DUI and was asking my advice if she should give consent for a breath test at the station.
Ten minutes before that her husband called me to let me know there was trouble. Apparently a group of young married couples had supper at their house, enjoyed a fire at their firepit and walked to a local establishment for a nightcap. The bar/restaurant they walked to was about 8 blocks away. On the way back, according to him, she had ran the last block and was going to act like she was going to pick up the stragglers. She hopped in his truck(parked on their driveway) and started it backing it down to the street when lights came on. The local cop was watching and arrested her for OWI.
I advised her to take the test at the local PD as refusal to take it is a years suspension of your DL . I did tell her to request a blood test, as she was arrested at 12 am and the test would not be taken until roughly 2 am by the time the PO made it to the county jail/hospital.
Spent a sleepless night waiting for their call. The stupid thing was getting behind the wheel, but we all make mistakes. In my opinion, the local cop could have made a judgement call and told them to go back to the fire. However he did not.
She is 22 and a top notch nurse in our community. Her and her husband work their tails off at their jobs and are good kids.
I would like to help them out, any advice? Hire attorney and try to plead it down? Thanks

I think it all will boil down to her blood/alcohol level, if she was just barely over, an attorney has a good chance of getting it knocked tow to a wet & wreckace, if it's her first, if she was 2X I think you should save the money you will pay a lawyer, and put that toward the fine. Just my opinion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by Woodhits
I handled hundreds of DUI cases as a prosecutor and tried a few. Get her case evaluated by a local attorney, sometimes the cops make procedural mistakes and you'll never know if you don't seek professional help. If nothing else, a good lawyer will help her cut a deal with the prosecutor.

I am sure they can.
I have a older brother that never did a night in jail until his 8th DUI, then he did 18 months. He could always afford the best of lawyers..

He now has 13 DUI's to his name, had to leave his home state to avoid prison and of course they will not extradite him on the charges, they don't want him back in their state.
He's recently found he is banned from having a drivers licenses in any state due to his driving history and he if furious about it. He has been hiring lawyers and fighting it.

He just got a driving with no licence charge and did 10 days for it, that is the only time he has ever served other that 18 months he did after his 8th.

I haven't any idea how he has never killed anyone driving. All his DUI related accidents have been single vehicle.

I seldom see him and avoid the subject of his driving issues when I do see him. I once asked him exactly how many DUI's he had.
He gave me a schitty smirk and and asked "arrested for or prosecuted for?" I didn't respond and the topic was closed.

sparky,

has your family tried an intervention or anything to attempt to help your bro?

Certainly sounds as though he needs it, before he does kill someone or himself.

Best wishes for him, you, and the rest of your family.

Geno

Thanks for your show of concern.
It's a long story, over the years he's been through a few of the best re-hab's. That's what kept him out of jail, deals with the courts and good lawyers.

He could be a poster child for DUI Lawyer advertisement.

He is a highly functional drunk in total denial of his drinking even slightly being an issue he needs to deal with.
All in all, he drinks really well, it's just the driving he has issues with.

Closest he ever came to being sober any length of time other than his 18 months in prison was a 6 month stay in the hospital after slamming his Harley into a stone wall. Busted his head open real good, they couldn't do anything for him for days due to needing to give his body time for detoxification. After the 6 month stay in the hospital he slowly got back to his regular drinking over the 18 months it took him to heal up. Still just wears a do-rag when he rides.
There is on and off Coke issues as well.

That accident left him with traumatic brain injuries he will be dealing with the rest of his life.
It's added a new slightly humorous characteristic to his personality, he's a little goofy now.

Has a BMW car and a Harley sitting at home, family says he doesn't drive that much, just to the grocery and golf course now days. The family he has drawn close to are some of the most supportive enablers on earth.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Got a call from my daughter last night from the local police station. She had been picked up for DUI and was asking my advice if she should give consent for a breath test at the station.
Ten minutes before that her husband called me to let me know there was trouble. Apparently a group of young married couples had supper at their house, enjoyed a fire at their firepit and walked to a local establishment for a nightcap. The bar/restaurant they walked to was about 8 blocks away. On the way back, according to him, she had ran the last block and was going to act like she was going to pick up the stragglers. She hopped in his truck(parked on their driveway) and started it backing it down to the street when lights came on. The local cop was watching and arrested her for OWI.
I advised her to take the test at the local PD as refusal to take it is a years suspension of your DL . I did tell her to request a blood test, as she was arrested at 12 am and the test would not be taken until roughly 2 am by the time the PO made it to the county jail/hospital.
Spent a sleepless night waiting for their call. The stupid thing was getting behind the wheel, but we all make mistakes. In my opinion, the local cop could have made a judgement call and told them to go back to the fire. However he did not.
She is 22 and a top notch nurse in our community. Her and her husband work their tails off at their jobs and are good kids.
I would like to help them out, any advice? Hire attorney and try to plead it down? Thanks

No excuses for driving drunk. She should have been thinking about her career and reputation, not to mention public safety. Thank god that cop was watching. She could have killed somebody.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

She had been drinking, if it was even a close guess she might be over your states limit I think I'd have advised to refuse the test at the PD, delay the blood test for 2-hours, pass that blood test, and loose her license for a year. Take Uber for 12-months. Small price to pay compared to what she may now face.

But whatever happens, you'll want a good lawyer and work to plead it down or gone.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Those types of comments will get you lambasted by the dunderhead drinking liberals on this forum.
Liberals believe they are the only occupants on this planet, or the only occupants that actually matter. Accountability.....nope.

BAC limits are too low.....but some real idiots drove vehicles last night.

Originally Posted by OAM

No excuses for driving drunk. She should have been thinking about her career and reputation, not to mention public safety. Thank god that cop was watching. She could have killed somebody.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Those types of comments will get you lambasted by the dunderhead drinking liberals on this forum.
Liberals believe they are the only occupants on this planet, or the only occupants that actually matter. Accountability.....nope.

Originally Posted by OAM

Yep, many good folks are getting their lives screwed over for having 2 glasses of wine at a Christmas party. It's a money maker for the state and lieberal lowyers however.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/08/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Originally Posted by OAM

Yep, many good folks are getting their lives screwed over for having 2 glasses of wine at a Christmas party.

Once again, blame an overreaching Fed for that.
Don't want to lower your State's BAC to 0.08............goodbye federal highway funds.
In all honesty, .08s don't get hooked often and those cases (at least locally) generally don't survive prosecution.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
That depends, doesn’t it. A .08 that is curb to curb? Four tires in the air? Video evidence.....lots of variables and it depends on the SA.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
.08 is stupid low and I mentioned that early in this thread. It is currently all about revenue, not safety.

But there is still no excuse for a .23....even if you’re only 2 miles from home. You have other vehicles, property, even your own passengers.

Originally Posted by jaguartx

Originally Posted by OAM

Yep, many good folks are getting their lives screwed over for having 2 glasses of wine at a Christmas party. It's a money maker for the state and lieberal lowyers however.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by viking
That depends, doesn’t it. A .08 that is curb to curb? Four tires in the air? Video evidence.....lots of variables and it depends on the SA.

In 20+ years I've never seen a 'curb-curb' 0.08. If wager most .08s are picked up on stops for 'other' reasons (speed, etc). Further, unless an individual is a very inexperienced drinker, an .08 isn't likely to be terrible I'm SFTs. Personally, I'm not looking for an .08 when I'm out there
I'm not saying there aren't exceptions, but they're definitely not the norm.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (22250rem, 1OntarioJim, 257Bob, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 52 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,678
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.