Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Valsdad
baseline test?

Look back a page or two.

I proposed a baseline test before granting a driver's license. See how much one can tolerate before becoming "impaired". Some folks were complaining they were being held to too low of a standard.

Geno

Rolling a joint blindfolded?

Rolling a blind jointfolded?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
In my opinion, the local cop could have made a judgement call and told them to go back to the fire. However he did not.

In my opinion operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol is illegal.

But you spin it....
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

But, don't ever say anything about people who make excuses for their criminal family members.

Wrong is wrong.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The more I think about this deal is. They were walking home eight blocks, had stragglers. Drinking.

Most likely woke up some neighbors who complained to the police.

Just a whole lotta poor judgement, and selfish stupid behavior.

I think there has been some excellent legal advice given.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
my younger brother is a RN and he's had to fight two dui over the yrs, so he wouldn't lose his nursing license. cost him a lot of money. both times just borderline over the limit. his lawyer beat both in court.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ringworm
In my opinion, the local cop could have made a judgement call and told them to go back to the fire. However he did not.

In my opinion operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol is illegal.

But you spin it....

But, don't ever say anything about people who make excuses for their criminal family members.

Wrong is wrong.

So is riding your John deer mower while drinkin a few beers , mowing your lawn on your property, while technically illegal in many states... is that wrong because it is against the "law" ?

Some people need to get a life and mind their own business.....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Angus1895
The more I think about this deal is. They were walking home eight blocks, had stragglers. Drinking.

That’s what I’m thinking, hootin and hollerin, whoopin it up, smashing a Heineken White Claw bottle into a stop sign, dogs barking

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never saw a white claw bottled. Cans only.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Woodhits
I handled hundreds of DUI cases as a prosecutor and tried a few. Get her case evaluated by a local attorney, sometimes the cops make procedural mistakes and you'll never know if you don't seek professional help. If nothing else, a good lawyer will help her cut a deal with the prosecutor.

WH,

In your experience as a prosecutor, of the hundreds of DUI cases that crossed your desk, what portion were "Obvious BS"?

Hard to put a number on it but there were plenty. Easiest way to determine whether a case was BS would be the arresting officer. We had a couple who did hundreds of arrests per year.

Funny thing was that lots of the cases with borderline BACs (right around 0.08) were often the most trashed on the dash cam videos. I always assumed these were people who didn’t drink very often. The pros who got trashed every night would blow a 0.2 and look and speak fine.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by ringworm

But you spin it....

Wrong is wrong.

So is riding your John deer mower while drinkin a few beers , mowing your lawn on your property, while technically illegal in many states... is that wrong because it is against the "law" ?

Some people need to get a life and mind their own business.....

Who?

The guy who posted his family business online, or the guy who posted directly to him?

Or maybe the guy who just inserted himself into the conversation with some lawncare advise?

I don't think she was riding a lawn mower or cutting grass or touring a golf course.
I think she was intentional in her actions. Operate a vehicle on a public roadway after drinking.

GFY.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
actually its simple.. you get a DUI . stop bitching, pay the fine, move on,, the fines are BIG so you wont do it again. if it were $10.00 she would pay it and do it again until she killed someone. don't say she wouldent do it again, she did it already. so sorry to have to tell you that..

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I was in my 20’s in this day and age they’d have to pump sunshine to my cell

Good luck to the lass, really hope it doesn’t derail her career. That’s too severe a penalty imo

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It's really simple, don't drink and drive....on public property. I feel you should be able to drink and drive on your own property if you choose to.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
It's really simple, don't drink and drive....on public property. I feel you should be able to drink and drive on your own property if you choose to.

I agree with this.... this nanny state bullsheit has gone too far....
The cop could have simply blocked the driveway preventing her from leaving, told her to shut off the vehicle stay home and sober up. He was a chickenshit revenuer.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
.08 is stupid low and I mentioned that early in this thread. It is currently all about revenue, not safety.

But there is still no excuse for a .23....even if you’re only 2 miles from home. You have other vehicles, property, even your own passengers.

Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Those types of comments will get you lambasted by the dunderhead drinking liberals on this forum.
Liberals believe they are the only occupants on this planet, or the only occupants that actually matter. Accountability.....nope.

BAC limits are too low.....but some real idiots drove vehicles last night.

Originally Posted by OAM

No excuses for driving drunk. She should have been thinking about her career and reputation, not to mention public safety. Thank god that cop was watching. She could have killed somebody.

Yep, many good folks are getting their lives screwed over for having 2 glasses of wine at a Christmas party. It's a money maker for the state and lieberal lowyers however.

My wife's an addictions counselor.

The vast majority of BAC's she see come through are much closer to you ladder number, the 0.23 then the former.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
If I was in my 20’s in this day and age they’d have to pump sunshine to my cell

Good luck to the lass, really hope it doesn’t derail her career. That’s too severe a penalty imo

Certainly not!

She should be bankrupted, lose her license and family and also made a ward of the state for the rest of her life!

Oh, wait a second..............

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I handled hundreds of DUI cases as a prosecutor and tried a few. Get her case evaluated by a local attorney, sometimes the cops make procedural mistakes and you'll never know if you don't seek professional help. If nothing else, a good lawyer will help her cut a deal with the prosecutor.

WH,

In your experience as a prosecutor, of the hundreds of DUI cases that crossed your desk, what portion were "Obvious BS"?

Hard to put a number on it but there were plenty. Easiest way to determine whether a case was BS would be the arresting officer. We had a couple who did hundreds of arrests per year.

Funny thing was that lots of the cases with borderline BACs (right around 0.08) were often the most trashed on the dash cam videos. I always assumed these were people who didn’t drink very often. The pros who got trashed every night would blow a 0.2 and look and speak fine.

Thanks WH. I was hoping the answer would be "very few" or something of that nature, but, on the other hand, I appreciate your willing to call out the BS, and how you are able to identify it. Constitutionally minded prosecutors are one of the most important checks in our system.

Thanks.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
.08??? Hell that’s pretty high... We here behind the Zion Curtain only get .05. One glass of wine or a beer and legally you could be over the limit.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

That’s what I’m thinking, hootin and hollerin, whoopin it up, smashing a Heineken White Claw bottle into a stop sign, dogs barking

Pissing in the bushes...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Pissing in the bushes...

Someone always wanna take away your rights. Wasn’t she arrested in her own driveway? She’ll beat that.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
[/quote]

Thanks WH. I was hoping the answer would be "very few" or something of that nature, but, on the other hand, I appreciate your willing to call out the BS, and how you are able to identify it. Constitutionally minded prosecutors are one of the most important checks in our system.

Thanks.[/quote]

I took my oath seriously and tried my best to do the right thing. I never agreed with the "score" mentality that some of my colleagues and most of the cops seemed to have. The good news was that I worked with a very good judge who felt the same why that I did. Ultimately, I left the practice of law altogether since everyone that I seemed to deal with was a liar. Other lawyers, defendants, cops and even the victims-- pretty toxic way to live.

Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,868
Posts18,517,974
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.