Hop To
Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Woodhits

I took my oath seriously and tried my best to do the right thing. I never agreed with the "score" mentality that some of my colleagues and most of the cops seemed to have. The good news was that I worked with a very good judge who felt the same why that I did. Ultimately, I left the practice of law altogether since everyone that I seemed to deal with was a liar. Other lawyers, defendants, cops and even the victims-- pretty toxic way to live.

Lol

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
[/quote]

Thanks WH. I was hoping the answer would be "very few" or something of that nature, but, on the other hand, I appreciate your willing to call out the BS, and how you are able to identify it. Constitutionally minded prosecutors are one of the most important checks in our system.

Thanks.

I took my oath seriously and tried my best to do the right thing. I never agreed with the "score" mentality that some of my colleagues and most of the cops seemed to have. The good news was that I worked with a very good judge who felt the same why that I did. Ultimately, I left the practice of law altogether since everyone that I seemed to deal with was a liar. Other lawyers, defendants, cops and even the victims-- pretty toxic way to live. [/quote]

I can only imagine.

Thank you for your service.

The country needs more like you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
21 pages so far.

What's wrong with people who try to get legal advice on the 24HCF? Get a lawyer, dammit.

Here's some non-legal advice. Whatever it costs, make your daughter pay for it, not you.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Where's the OP, sleeping off a bender?.. whistle

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
21 pages so far.

What's wrong with people who try to get legal advice on the 24HCF? Get a lawyer, dammit.

Here's some non-legal advice. Whatever it costs, make your daughter pay for it, not you.

We've heard from defense attorney's, prosecutors, cops, the nabbed, and family members of victims..

At over 400 posts, sure the threads taken some interesting turns, but there's also been some good insight to this instance and the issue in general.

Still, way more informative and interesting than an episode of The View, or just about anything else on TV.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/08/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

I’m sure he’s regretting posting here.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
80 % of the time the cops are dead on with their reports. Its not like it was 50 years ago, you and your family's decision will have an effect on your daughters life for the rest of her life. A conviction can have a large effect on future employment and education. Get a (trusted) lawyer if you can afford. If not, I wouldn't want to leave it up to a public defender, but if that's the only option don't make it difficult in trying to argue innocence against what might be both voice and video evidence. Try to work out a plea.

Phil

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I took my oath seriously and tried my best to do the right thing. I never agreed with the "score" mentality that some of my colleagues and most of the cops seemed to have. The good news was that I worked with a very good judge who felt the same why that I did. Ultimately, I left the practice of law altogether since everyone that I seemed to deal with was a liar. Other lawyers, defendants, cops and even the victims-- pretty toxic way to live.

Lol

My BIL, a good cop of 32 years, felt the same way.

RIP, Tony.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Greyghost
80 % of the time the cops are dead on with their reports. Its not like it was 50 years ago, you and your family's decision will have an effect on your daughters life for the rest of her life. A conviction can have a large effect on future employment and education. Get a (trusted) lawyer if you can afford. If not, I wouldn't want to leave it up to a public defender, but if that's the only option don't make it difficult in trying to argue innocence against what might be both voice and video evidence. Try to work out a plea.

Phil

80% is not very good.

If I was only "dead on" 80% of the time in my job, I'd be fired.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kroo88

I’m sure he’s regretting posting here.

Why? He started a great discussion and got some very good advice. Lots of weeds in the flowers, but dandelions are not easy to confuse with roses.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JWP58
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The cop in that case was a shickenchit. ...

Most are when it comes to this type of thing.
We had a cop who was a tenant of ours in Alaska, young guy, go-getter type.
I bumped into him at the duplex and asked how his previous Friday night went on the job, his reply was astonishing, he said it was a terrible night, not a single DUI arrest!

I told him that was a GOOD THING. But he had financial motivations as a young cop.

He actually bought that duplex from us when we left AK.

Financial motivations? Was he getting a percentage per arrest?

Fyi you get paid the same, no matter how many or how few arrests you make.

Quotas? I can't say whether he received a bonus for 'x' # of collars, but he certainly acted like it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Rug3
DUI killed our 6yr old daughter.

Young man who hit her was about a mile and half from his home, quarter mile from The Tavern. He never recovered from it. Committed suicide years later.

I commend the cop who stopped her. She may never have to suffer the kind of guilt he did.

A very good atty, defended him and he ended up with a minimal charge.

Lost our daughter. Our whole family deeply scarred. Still evokes STRONG feelings/emotions. Young man's life ruined. Suicide. Probably far more ramifications then I'll ever know.

"Only a couple of beers," he told his atty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If she were my daughter, I'd defend her and thank the cop. I realize that I come at this issue from a different perspective then most here.
Jim

I am very sorry for your loss. frown

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rug3
DUI killed our 6yr old daughter.

Young man who hit her was about a mile and half from his home, quarter mile from The Tavern. He never recovered from it. Committed suicide years later.

I commend the cop who stopped her. She may never have to suffer the kind of guilt he did.

A very good atty, defended him and he ended up with a minimal charge.

Lost our daughter. Our whole family deeply scarred. Still evokes STRONG feelings/emotions. Young man's life ruined. Suicide. Probably far more ramifications then I'll ever know.

"Only a couple of beers," he told his atty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If she were my daughter, I'd defend her and thank the cop. I realize that I come at this issue from a different perspective then most here.
Jim

Your son was by earlier to pick up a couple rifles and I had considered bringing up the subject but nothing opened up so we never went there... cannot imagine dealing with it, but an uncle killed his younger brother in your area driving home down the lane to his own house. His brother lived with them and he found him in the AM,.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,899
Posts18,518,456
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.