Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Infidel

Exactly, except that recent versions of Windows use Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open Task Manager.

Works on 7 too, didn't know that shortcut. I can right click on the task bar with one hand. Tried ctrl-shift-esc with one hand and cramp city. smile

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RJL53
Your first mistake was to call the number on the screen, NEVER call any number on the screen or in emails unless you absolutely certain who you are calling.
THAT - in SPADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Now they will be spamming his phone

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Mother did it, was at the bank the next day getting new account numbers, Worries me

Phishing emails have gotten bad, never ever click on a signin link from any email. I don't care how legit you think it is, only time to do it is if you had just requested a password reset for a site. Just go to the website and sign in, never from the email. Emails claiming to be from paypal, apple, bank...easy to trick folks.

Ransomware can be bad but if you have backups configure, its easy to beat them. Just right click on the folder that had been hijacked (usually file name extensions have been changed by the hacker), go to the previous versions tab and restore the folder to a date before the hijacking. Good to go.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

My son got slammed by this at college. The "warning" windows are made to look like MS Windows so you feel safe. He clicked the button. Poof. AFter his college's IT shop got done trying, I tried and I couldn't clear this virus out completely. It was AMAZING how good it was, I ended up reformatting the disk from scratch and essentially rebuilding his system. Pain in the ass.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I tell those scamming turbanheads what they are doing is bad Karma and Vashdi will give them rotting penis disease. They generally don't call back

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
At my work, there was a guy that ended up getting a Rootkit in his work computer, he was known for dikkin around with fantasy football stuff and streaming World Cup soccer. Haha serves him right. Rootkits are a MFER.

It was holy hell to get that shîtbug off of his workstation. The “2 Bobs” had to work on his shît for about 3 days. Geniuses in there goin ‘green screen’ on it. I LMFAO at him.

I think about some the “heroes” on this forum that rack up 40,000 posts from a comfy federal chair somewhere on here all day talkin shît and mouthin off. It’s only a matter of time before they get some bug. Idgaf what adblock bs you got.

lol

I get the Amazon bug occasionally, but I use a phone for this place. NFW I’d expose a decent computer to 24 hourcampfire.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DBT
Never had much luck with Malwarebytes, or for that matter, Norton, Avast, McCafee, etc. Largely trouble free computing came with Linux.

Thats right, took me a long time to get there mostly because I didn't want to learn a new operating system.

Ubuntu is your friend.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ubuntu is fine for people who are more geeky that I am. There are better Linux choices for those who are ready to make the change from Windows but aren't comfortable with something you have to know code to use. I switched to Mint 19.3 (Tricia) two months ago and have yet to use or need the command line. Everything works from Windows-like menus I just have to click to use. Everything just works.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I just love all you folks who keep the myth alive that Linux is immune to this sh*t. Keep on thinking that till you get burned. No damn computer is immune.

https://www.linux.com/tutorials/myth-busting-linux-immune-viruses/

Myth Busting: Is Linux Immune To Viruses?

In a word, “no.”

Any computer that is attached to a network is not immune to viruses. But, as with everything else, it’s relative. If you compare the vulnerability of Linux to Windows, you can understand why so many say Linux is immune.

Swifty
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I keep getting a pop up from Adobe Flash Player saying I need to update. I x out of it and it comes back. I checked my Flash Player independently and it was up to date. This is the only site that I get this on.

Any suggestions or ideas? Besides not opening it?

lightman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Keep anything important backed up on thumb drives. U get hacked throw your hard drive in the trash can or format it if you can and buy another $25 copy of windows from a key reseller.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by k20350
Keep anything important backed up on thumb drives. U get hacked throw your hard drive in the trash can or format it if you can and buy another $25 copy of windows from a key reseller.

Lol 25 bucks for something that’s free. Plus if you didn’t run the media creation tool provided to make a bootable iso, or didn’t make a 100% bootable backup then you deserve what you get.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

You can use this page to download a disc image (ISO file) that can be used to install or reinstall Windows 10. The image can also be used to create installation media using a USB flash drive or DVD.

Swifty
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by reivertom
Flogging is too good for the scum that does this crap.
It's a game for them. They have a need to beat the pros and they'll go to any lengths to outsmart Microsoft or whoever. They don't care who gets hurt. In fact, the more damage they do, the more 'successful' they think they are. Most of them aren't in it for money unless they get it as a result of beating someone's security system. They just want to beat the pros. It's a sick bunch of people.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.