Hop To
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by KFWA
I wish I had money to spend on the down market right now

My attitude is you have to be in it, if the whole thing goes to schit your money is worthless anyways

the currency turns to ammo.

Not at all.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
But just think....99cent gas, Mary Jane Rottenkrotch prices from high school days

I'll be able to fill my old vette for $15, and drive 150 miles, sweet.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I predicted this............ Except my timing was off. My prediction had this happening closer to election day so the current president can get blamed. It IS an election year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin

My attitude is you have to be in it, if the whole thing goes to schit your money is worthless anyways

Not at all.

Care to explain Joel ?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rost495
sky is falling sky is falling. This [bleep] gets old. In it for the long run or not at all IMHO.

But to run around panicking when it falls, after having made 30% plus is nuts. Its not going to constantly go up or everyone would be rich...

Not sure if you have been paying attention but $28 oil, a price war, and a global recession isn’t exactly something to be ignored.

The fact that so many just assume that things will return to normal in no time at at is actually more worrisome than what is going on. Just because things went back up after 2009 doesn’t mean it’s going to happen again. We are running out of options as far as rate cuts etc.

I never said return to normal in a short time. I just said its not falling, its like global temps. Doing what it does. We will survive one way or another. Others I suppose ymmv could apply but this constant worry is nuts.

We just take it day by day. Started with nothing, can go back and survive just fine and be happy as we are now.

Its not complicated really.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Could be much worse that the last one on 2007... can't cut interest, can't hand out bailouts, can't lower taxes... That all has already been done just to prop up Trumps artificial economy.

This one is going to be painful.

Phil

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Could be much worse that the last one on 2007... can't cut interest, can't hand out bailouts, can't lower taxes... That all has already been done just to prop up Trumps artificial economy.

Phil

You never learn.

The FED has many options and this is no subprime meltdown.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'm gonna just guess, a TDS post....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The whole thing can go to [bleep], and your money will not be worthless. If anything, having liquid cash will be more important than ever.

Nobody knows how this will play out. Every sensible person will be preparing for a global recession, a tanked stock market, and a pandemic. That’s not “the sky is falling”, it’s being smart.

If our healthcare system becomes overwhelmed and most folks stay home and work from home, which direction do you think the markets will keep heading once those quarterly earnings reports start coming out?

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Not at all.

Care to explain Joel ?

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I’d bet big money that Warren Buffett is buying.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 22250rem
I predicted this............ Except my timing was off. My prediction had this happening closer to election day so the current president can get blamed. It IS an election year.

The 10yr and 30yr inversion last year and over priced stock mark indicated a correction this year. No one could have predicted the corona virus. I cashed out of all my realestate investments last year, I have a small amount in bond in my 401k, no stock position. At some point I'll have to decide where to invest as this thing shakes out and presents opportunity's. Things that look cheap might not be at this point.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Am hoping we see a 50% correction from the all time highs as I been easing back into the market in 5% increments. Then when the coronavirus news wears itself out and Trump is reelected the climb back up will be awesome!!!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Phil

You never disappoint.....

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yep, as you said prepared. But a pandemic or this corona thing won't last forever. And a good thinning of numbers of humans would not hurt either.

OTOH short term cash is important. Long term cash isn't anything but paper. So it depends on what you think.

Bottom line to any of it really is, are you prepared to live for a year or more without anything else and survive? I would have thought any of us could.

Only way to know is to wake up in the morning and see what the next day brings.

Obviously since we have land in 2 different states and enough "stuff" to survive even if surviving isn't easy, I'm just not really worried. Plus if one dies, one doesn't have to worry anymore either. And there is good in death for us, its a beginning, not an end. In the meantime I tend to let God drive and we ride and we'll deal with it however we have to. Almost interesting this is happening in Lent on top of it but I digress

Regardless thinking we can control things on any level is just kind of nuts and it doesn't prepare folks well. expecting the unknown and being able to deal with it mentally and physically is where its at IMHO. We may loose every penny we had. We may not. In the meantime move forward and prepare for Tuesday.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I’d bet big money that Warren Buffett is buying.

I’ll bet that your bet is correct.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Buy toilet paper!!!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hell, this was just a couple months ago.

Link

and today:

Link

Phil

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hell, this was just a couple months ago.

Link

and today:

Link

Phil

Well,,,,,,,apparently it’s time to go find a tall building to jump off of. Yep, it’s that bad.

You go first.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My prediction.....

By early to mid summer, the 'crises' will have settled down and the market will by climbing back, UN-employment will be improving.......

ALL going into the General Election.....

In SPITE of what the DEMs and MSM(I repeat myself) are trying to sell......

IMHO.....

Last edited by muffin; 03/09/20.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 8MMX57JS, Akhutr, 8 invisible), 871 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,109
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.