Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks for the pointers guys. Much appreciated

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
More demand than supply in our area already. No homes to buy and purchasers lining up. Escalation clauses/bidding wars are the norm on anything under $250,000 that's even halfway desirable. Bet I've turned down 6 houses to build in the last 3 weeks. After 8 years of Obama stagnation, kissing asses and taking anything that came along, it's nice to have riles reversed. I can't tell you how many [bleep] grinned and told me "you better sharpen your pencil, got 10 other guys bidding this job" them acted like they were doing me a favor letting me build their house for 5% .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think we'll see a raft of foreclosures in the upscale housing. A lot of folks over-bought in this heated economy, thinking the bulls were immortal. Market related income has gone away all of a sudden and won't be back sufficiently for a while. There'll be a lot of friction fires...payment books rubbing against bank accounts.

That said, buy real estate carefully at these low rates. Find bargains! Don't jump at purchases, just because interest is low. Re-Fi right now is a good opportunity for substantial savings.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I think we'll see a raft of foreclosures in the upscale housing. A lot of folks over-bought in this heated economy, thinking the bulls were immortal. Market related income has gone away all of a sudden and won't be back sufficiently for a while. There'll be a lot of friction fires...payment books rubbing against bank accounts.

That said, buy real estate carefully at these low rates. Find bargains! Don't jump at purchases, just because interest is low. Re-Fi right now is a good opportunity for substantial savings.

In our market, for the foreseeable future, it's a seller's market. This ain't 2008. Temporary blip unless that bucktoothed old mummy Biden somehow wins in Nov. At that point, I'll be going into full defensive, rice in 50 gal. drums, water purifier, bulk ammo, SHTF, EOTWAWKI mode.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by luv2safari

In our market, for the foreseeable future, it's a seller's market. This ain't 2008. Temporary blip unless that bucktoothed old mummy Biden somehow wins in Nov. At that point, I'll be going into full defensive, rice in 50 gal. drums, water purifier, bulk ammo, SHTF, EOTWAWKI mode.

As we're often the fastest growing state here in NV, we see these housing booms often. It's like an inchworm motoring along. It's up. It's flat. It's up. it's flat.

This has pretty much been the history of the industry here since the mid-60s. 2007-2008 were disasters.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We got a 15 year 3% re-fi in Jan 2013, paid it off last week.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Otter

Congrats!!!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We’re at 3.875%. Should have this sucker paid off in the next 5 years. Looked at a refi, but the mortgage fees/appraisal make the total cost of a new loan higher than my current one. We’ll just keep on trucking and keep the current loan.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Otter

That has to feel good! congrats.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Look at the total cost. Fees, inspections, appraisals... It often takes two-three years to realize a net savings. If you are absolutely going to stay, it might not matter as much as if you are planning a move any time soon.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hard to believe people were standing in line in 1981 to get 15% , hoping it would not go higher. (which it did!)

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Our first, in 1997 (?) Was around 7% for $75,000 and everyone was telling us how lucky we were to get such a low rate.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,627 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.