Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I payed my rent not long ago, it’s bullcshit to pay so much. The freeloaders don’t pay cshit!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
drive a 12v but with a strait pipe.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495
Dunno about the new ones. Mine is 2001 7.3

1 ounce of oil per gallon of gas. I don't get to wild about it being exact.
2 stroke oil tested better in tests years ago. But generally I just toss in a quart of cheapest motor oil simply to save the o rings and such. I'm not so worried about mileage as the truck really sits mostly, and then pulls a boat or trailer now and again. Or if driven usually not many miles a day for a few months.

I"d google the ford power stroke forums and see what a search there says about something as new as yours. I'd guess yours is built to take the new crap fuel. And possibly that adding oil could foul out some sensors or make it do weird things. .gov control bullshit and all.

i add transmission fluid to mine.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheKid
The old timey gasoline big block is on its way back in the pickup market and for good reason.

Yep.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It would be different if the fugging systems you paid through the nose for ..........actually fugging worked reliably!

Limp mode seems to be the new normal.

Jim.......i had both of my diesels deleted ....16 and an 18......just for that reason....have never gone into limp mode....yet.......70,000 combined miles........bob

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"i add transmission fluid to mine."

A diesel mechanic on one of the Dodge diesel websites I used to look at all the time( Dieselram.com maybe) said that auto trans fluid can screw up your injectors over time because it has plastic in it to increase clutch friction. I mix 112 oz Diesel Kleen (big bottle + one small bottle) with a gallon of 2 synthetic cycle oil and add .7 oz for each gallon of diesel when I fill up. I can't remember where I came up with that mixture but it's supposed to work as good or better than most of the expensive diesel additives.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Was told to periodically use Marvel Mystery Oil for pump lubrication and for keeping the entire system clean.

2002 Duramax LB 7.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by jfruser
The old timey gasoline big block is on its way back in the pickup market and for good reason.

Yep.

Just ordered a 2020 F350 with 7.3 L gasser with standard 10 speed transmission and 4.30 gears. Will tow/haul what I need and since I will only tow/haul 15% of the time, it made no sense to spend an extra 10K on the diesel plus pay another $0.70 at the pump. Fuel economy on the gasser has been improving over the years but not so much on the diesel as emissions controls have been added.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by victoro
"i add transmission fluid to mine."

A diesel mechanic on one of the Dodge diesel websites I used to look at all the time( Dieselram.com maybe) said that auto trans fluid can screw up your injectors over time because it has plastic in it to increase clutch friction. I mix 112 oz Diesel Kleen (big bottle + one small bottle) with a gallon of 2 synthetic cycle oil and add .7 oz for each gallon of diesel when I fill up. I can't remember where I came up with that mixture but it's supposed to work as good or better than most of the expensive diesel additives.

[quote=victoro]"i add transmission fluid to mine."

My diesel mechanic told me to use ATF. It’s full of detergents that will keep your injectors clean and lubed. I’ve been running ATF in my own trucks for 18 years now and have far fewer injector issues than most of the fellow owner operators that I know. I run old tractors. My current one is a 2002 daycab with 1,058,578 miles on it this afternoon when I parked. I’ve owned three tractors over the years and outside of a six pack of injectors for an in frame rebuild I’ve bought a total of three injectors between three tractors. Two of them on the current one within the first month I owned it. I bought it with @957,000 miles so who knows what condition those were. From my personal experience ATF is a great additive for diesel. All of my experience is with series 60’s and a N14.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have been using the stanadyne additive in the 6.7 cummins. So far no problems..

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Stanadyne is good.

Skip the other home brew bs.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Heaven forbid someone actually OWN their personal property...

People don't even know what freedom is anymore.

One chip at a time.

Everything the government regulates strongly gets more expensive, there is less of it, and it has less quality. If this keeps up, we will have to ask permission to use our vehicles, turn up the heat in our houses, or burn a wood stove..

Last edited by reivertom; 03/10/20.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Was told to periodically use Marvel Mystery Oil for pump lubrication and for keeping the entire system clean.

2002 Duramax LB 7.

I haven't found the the study yet about mixing Power Service and 2 cycle oil yet but I do remember that 2 cycle oil is a much better pump/injector lubricant than Marvel Mystery Oil. I was using Marvel Mystery oil before I read the study and I kept all the bottles. I fill those with the 2 cycle/PS mixture after I mix it, it comes in handy when traveling. I found my old Dodge notes: 118 oz of PS(big bottle/small bottle) will treat 350 gallons of diesel and a gallon pf 2 cycle oil (128 oz) will treat 350 gallons of diesel.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

2002 Duramax LB 7.

I haven't found the the study yet about mixing Power Service and 2 cycle oil yet but I do remember that 2 cycle oil is a much better pump/injector lubricant than Marvel Mystery Oil. I was using Marvel Mystery oil before I read the study and I kept all the bottles. I fill those with the 2 cycle/PS mixture after I mix it, it comes in handy when traveling. I found my old Dodge notes: 118 oz of PS(big bottle/small bottle) will treat 350 gallons of diesel and a gallon pf 2 cycle oil (128 oz) will treat 350 gallons of diesel.

Synthetic?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Synthetic?"

Sometimes when it's on sale but usually just a good brand outboard motor 2 cycle oil.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BluMtn
About once a summer during harvest Washington DOT shows up in town and starts pulling over grain trucks and farm pickups. They get a couple every summer. DOT says that if you ever put red diesel in even though you may burn a lot of fuel their test will still pick it up. I know a friend of mine got hit last summer for having red fuel and he told them he had done it the summer before and he put a couple of gallons in to get him to town. Cost him $500.

Depending I'd fight that.

Its BS from the fact you could have a farm truck that stayed farm only actually. Then you decide to make it legal for road, update the plates and switch to taxed fuel. I'd tell em to F themselves.

But your friend admitted and the bullshit won... Its like a thread on DUI for backing a truck onto the street to pull back in and move it over... yeah yeah technically but still its .gov going WAY out of line once again. Getting you used to the coming communism

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Stanadyne is good.

Skip the other home brew bs.

I've been using Howes because it's cheap. I'm not sure how good it is, but several of the local logging outfit's seem to use it without issue.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
#1 reason I buy pre 2007.5 Rams

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by reivertom

Everything the government regulates strongly gets more expensive, there is less of it, and it has less quality. If this keeps up, we will have to ask permission to use our vehicles, turn up the heat in our houses, or burn a wood stove..
If gov't comes for my wood stove, people are gonna die....

Yep.
Agreed.... A good option for those who only tow a couple times or so per year.. I have to double-check the cost difference between the new 7.3 gas and the 6.7L PSD on a new truck... Might save one a few thou, but IF one tows a bunch with it, they'll lose that over time via lower gas mileage... When I had my last big-block gas truck, I was lucky to get 5 mpg when towing something in the range of 10K#...

(added) - just checked, 7.3 is $1700 over the standard engine, but the 6.7 is $12K OVER the standard engine.. Big savings on the 7.3...

Last edited by Redneck; 03/11/20.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by reivertom

If gov't comes for my wood stove, people are gonna die....

Yep.
Agreed.... A good option for those who only tow a couple times or so per year.. I have to double-check the cost difference between the new 7.3 gas and the 6.7L PSD on a new truck... Might save one a few thou, but IF one tows a bunch with it, they'll lose that over time via lower gas mileage... When I had my last big-block gas truck, I was lucky to get 5 mpg when towing something in the range of 10K#...

(added) - just checked, 7.3 is $1700 over the standard engine, but the 6.7 is $12K OVER the standard engine.. Big savings on the 7.3...

I have to disagree with your assumption. I pull with big gas, 6.4l Hemi and I get -1mpg less that the diesels I owned. I had 15 new 2500 Ram 's in a row. Most of them were diesels.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,240 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,254
Posts18,486,311
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.