Hop To
Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Good read.....the ragheads would still be herding sheep and goats all over the desert if it weren't for Americans. Dumbasses.....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-can-ill-afford-oil-price-war-it-started

Wait till Israel completes its natural gas pipeline to Europe vs Russia’s gas to Europe.

Some sparks are gonna fly. Russia’s revenue is based upon oil, natural gas and arms sales. Knock out any leg of their 3 legged stool and...........,,,,,

Naa. Trump is in Putins back pocket. Putin is playing him big time. Trump is on the run. Nothings being done. wink

Jag, ya reckon that the scchitt is about to hit the wall in Iran ?

I see no help for them forthcoming from mutha roosha.

I believe that we might be about to see the mother of all demonstrations there. Iraq, too, quite possibly.

I wonder if there was some virus on that British tanker they seized last year?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a feeling this is going to be a long grind down for some time. Between oil and corona I expect to see some drama unfold in the credit market. The fed was never able to unwind the 4 trillion from the last recession. Interesting times.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thinking nothing like a hyper-infectious virus to quell mass demonstrations.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by duck911
IMHO, *WAY* too early to be right back into oil.

$30/bbl is low enough that some (many?) of the shale and small guys will go tits up. The bigger guys will survive but it's going to be a long recovery. Air travel, rail, cruise ships, and transportation in general are taking a pounding, and the next 2 quarter's earnings from these impacts will continue to take a toll and XOM and the like will be forced to revisit dividend pay to maintain profitability, and in some cases, solvency..

OXY, CLR, and the smaller guys are in serious trouble. Expect consolidation in the energy and transportation industries.

There will be some great opportunities, and be happy if you have cash on hand, but OIL right NOW ain't one of 'em.

OXY just cut its dividend to 11 cents from 79 today

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/o...-2020-03-10?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

When/if the big guys do it will probably be a bottom.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Good read.....the ragheads would still be herding sheep and goats all over the desert if it weren't for Americans. Dumbasses.....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-can-ill-afford-oil-price-war-it-started

Wait till Israel completes its natural gas pipeline to Europe vs Russia’s gas to Europe.

Some sparks are gonna fly. Russia’s revenue is based upon oil, natural gas and arms sales. Knock out any leg of their 3 legged stool and...........,,,,,

Bingo.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by persiandog
Obama announced he is no longer responsible for the economy.

ROR

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJY66

Some of us 'little guys' smelled bottom yesterday.
The OXY (and MRO) I picked up yesterday and doubled down on this morning popped 14% and 21% respectively by market close.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from wonderopolis.org]

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by broomd

The OXY (and MRO) I picked up yesterday and doubled down on this morning popped 14% and 21% respectively by market close.

Nice! Hope it does good if you still have it.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by Calvin
We could see 18k by the end of the month....

We could see 30k by the end of the month...

Gamblers, place your bets!
Kyle Bass thinks there is more downside.
I’ll take the under at this point.

Dow closes up 4.89% , S&P 500 +4.94% , NASDAQ +4.95%

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

You realize that bounce up is just as, if not MORE, volatile than it's move yesterday? If I were in your shoes, I'd be back out of that ASAP and lock up that (lucky) profit. My educated guess is that it gives up half those gains tomorrow, and starts a 3 month spiral down to under $10.

Look - OXY is a HEAVILY leveraged shale company. At $12B market valuation, that have SIGNIFICANTLY more debt than Cheveron, a $160B company. Let that sink in. They are the #1 producer in the Permian basin, where their cost per barrel is now hovering right around the current cost per barrel on the market, which, oh by the way, experts think will drop down into the $20's.. I have news for you: Oil under $30 is a non-starter for OXY. They cannot pull it out of the Permian for that cheap. Game over.

And today, Saudi Arabia just promised to jack up their oil production, in a global market for oil that is CRATERING. They are augmenting their 41 tanker fleet with extra private ships, and are runnign simulations on how their economy will look at oil all the way down to $12 bbl.

There is a reason OXY announced slashed dividends and reduced capital spending (by more than 30%) going forward- and it's not because life is good in the oil industry. It's panic, and a fight to stay solvent, ESPECIALLY for the shale producers. The botton for energy is months away, but I will be there with you, when it's real.

But... your mileage may vary.

Last edited by duck911; 03/10/20.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bought yesterday, sold today.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Look - OXY is a HEAVILY leveraged shale company. At $12B market valuation, that have SIGNIFICANTLY more debt than Cheveron, a $160B company. Let that sink in. They are the #1 producer in the Permian basin, where their cost per barrel is now hovering right around the current cost per barrel on the market, which, oh by the way, experts think will drop down into the $20's.. I have news for you: Oil under $30 is a non-starter for OXY. They cannot pull it out of the Permian for that cheap. Game over.

What do you think of the odds of the shale guys getting a bailout from Uncle Sugar? I don't think Trump would like to see Russia and Saudi Arabia put them under.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

What do you think of the odds of the shale guys getting a bailout from Uncle Sugar? I don't think Trump would like to see Russia and Saudi Arabia put them under.

THAT is your investment strategy? That my taxpayer dollars will bail out your poorly planned and ill-researched decisions??? Instead of investing in solid industries and companies with a reasonable chance of success, throw some lawn darts at companies bouncing like dead cats and assume you'll be made whole?

You by chance voting for Biden this election season?

Last edited by duck911; 03/10/20.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Made 11% return on USO in 24hrs.

You should stick to guns...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by Calvin
We could see 18k by the end of the month....
We could see 30k by the end of the month...
Gamblers, place your bets! Kyle Bass thinks there is more downside. I’ll take the under at this point.
He seems to think a month from now might be a better time to make some big decisions.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rumor has it - he's talking of suspending payroll tax as a stimulus. Be pretty hard to put that genie back in the bottle later on.

Me

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Did you buy and hold? What was the buy price?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by teal
Rumor has it - he's talking of suspending payroll tax as a stimulus. Be pretty hard to put that genie back in the bottle later on.

[Linked Image from arizonadailyindependent.com]

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

You realize that bounce up is just as, if not MORE, volatile than it's move yesterday? If I were in your shoes, I'd be back out of that ASAP and lock up that (lucky) profit. My educated guess is that it gives up half those gains tomorrow, and starts a 3 month spiral down to under $10.

And today, Saudi Arabia just promised to jack up their oil production, in a global market for oil that is CRATERING. They are augmenting their 41 tanker fleet with extra private ships, and are runnign simulations on how their economy will look at oil all the way down to $12 bbl.

There is a reason OXY announced slashed dividends and reduced capital spending (by more than 30%) going forward- and it's not because life is good in the oil industry. It's panic, and a fight to stay solvent, ESPECIALLY for the shale producers. The botton for energy is months away, but I will be there with you, when it's real.

But... your mileage may vary.

My mileage does vary as in:

All of these Saudi tankers with augmenting extra tankers,,,where is all of this oil go to and who is buying it?

These tankers don’t just sit on their anchors for free.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

200 members (673, 444afic, 5sdad, 10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 21 invisible), 1,573 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,076
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.