Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Research from Singapore indicates it probably spreads via stools too. Toilet bowls test positive from those infected.

New Singapore research shows coronavirus lingers in rooms and toilets - The Straits Times

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

What's the other 7?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Research from Singapore indicates it probably spreads via stools too. Toilet bowls test positive from those infected.

New Singapore research shows coronavirus lingers in rooms and toilets - The Straits Times

Did they say how high it can jump?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Next thing you know they'll be telling us we need to rip out our sit down toilets and replace with squat toilets.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

What's the other 7?

Wash your hands seven times.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

The problem is when your junk hangs too low and contract it genitally

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter

The problem is when your junk hangs too low and contract it genitally

Whew! I'm safe then. blush

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Best thing to come out of this is that people are actually learning to wash their fuggin’ hands.

I mean, it’s only something we’ve known about for a couple hundred years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
damn...

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Best thing to come out of this is that people are actually learning to wash their fuggin’ hands.

Maybe, but back a hundred and twenty years ago they had about half the life expectancy as we do now. A 40 year old was an elderly person around 1900.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I posted this on the other thread but the stuff sure looks vicious in Italy.

From a doctor in in Italy. Italy viewed that covid19 was minor and that people just needed to move along.

Full text of translation here:

I may be repeating myself, but I want to fight this sense of security that I see outside of the epicenters, as if nothing was going to happen "here". The media in Europe are reassuring, politicians are reassuring, while there's little to be reassured of.

This is the English translation of a post of another ICU physician in Bergamo, Dr. Daniele Macchini. Read until the end "After much thought about whether and what to write about what is happening to us, I felt that silence was not responsible.
I will therefore try to convey to people far from our reality what we are living in Bergamo in these days of Covid-19 pandemic. I understand the need not to create panic, but when the message of the dangerousness of what is happening does not reach people I shudder. I myself watched with some amazement the reorganization of the entire hospital in the past week, when our current enemy was still in the shadows: the wards slowly "emptied", elective activities were interrupted, intensive care were freed up to create as many beds as possible.All this rapid transformation brought an atmosphere of silence and surreal emptiness to the corridors of the hospital that we did not yet understand, waiting for a war that was yet to begin and that many (including me) were not so sure would ever come with such ferocity. I still remember my night call a week ago when I was waiting for the results of a swab. When I think about it, my anxiety over one possible case seems almost ridiculous and unjustified, now that I've seen what's happening. Well, the situation now is dramatic to say the least.The war has literally exploded and battles are uninterrupted day and night. But now that need for beds has arrived in all its drama. One after the other the departments that had been emptied fill up at an impressive pace.The boards with the names of the patients, of different colours depending on the operating unit, are now all red and instead of surgery you see the diagnosis, which is always the damned same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia.Now, explain to me which flu virus causes such a rapid drama. [post continues comparing covid19 to flu, link below]. And while there are still people who boast of not being afraid by ignoring directions, protesting because their normal routine is"temporarily" put in crisis,
the epidemiological disaster is taking place. And there are no more surgeons, urologists, orthopedists, we are only doctors who suddenly become part of a single team to face this tsunami that has overwhelmed us. Cases are multiplying, we arrive at a rate of 15-20 admissions per day all for the same reason. The results of the swabs now come one after the other: positive, positive, positive. Suddenly the E.R. is collapsing. Reasons for the access always the same: fever and breathing difficulties, fever and cough, respiratory failure. Radiology reports always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia. All to be hospitalized.
Someone already to be intubated and go to intensive care. For others it's too late... Every ventilator becomes like gold: those in operating theatres that have now suspended their non-urgent activity become intensive care places that did not exist before. The staff is exhausted. I saw the tiredness on faces that didn't know what it was despite the already exhausting workloads they had. I saw a solidarity of all of us, who never failed to go to our internist colleagues to ask "what can I do for you now?"
Doctors who move beds and transfer patients, who administer therapies instead of nurses. Nurses with tears in their eyes because we can't save everyone, and the vital parameters of several patients at the same time reveal an already marked destiny. There are no more shifts, no more hours. Social life is suspended for us. We no longer see our families for fear of infecting them. Some of us have already become infected despite the protocols. Some of our colleagues who are infected also have infected relatives and some of their relatives are already struggling between life and death. So be patient, you can't go to the theatre, museums or the gym. Try to have pity on the myriad of old people you could exterminate.
We just try to make ourselves useful. You should do the same: we influence the life and death of a few dozen people. You with yours, many more. Please share this message. We must spread the word to prevent what is happening here from happening all over Italy."
I finish by saying that I really don't understand this war on panic. The only reason I see is mask shortages, but there's no mask on sale anymore. We don't have a lot of studies, but is it panic really worse than neglect and carelessness during an epidemic of this sort?

Just look at linked data.
https://mackuba.eu/corona/

Last edited by kaboku68; 03/10/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I posted this on the other thread but the stuff sure looks vicious in Italy.

From a doctor in in Italy. Italy viewed that covid19 was minor and that people just needed to move along.

Full text of translation here:

Now, explain to me which flu virus causes such a rapid drama.

Just look at linked data.
https://mackuba.eu/corona/

How about the 1957 Asian flu? That was a killer.

" It spread to Singapore in February 1957[8], reached Hong Kong by April, and US by June. Death toll in the US was approximately 69,800.[5] Estimates of worldwide deaths caused by this pandemic varies widely depending on source; ranging from 1 million to 4 million, with WHO settling on "about 2 million".

The Hong Kong flu 1968-69. This Italian doc might not be old enough to remember that pandemic. I am, I had it. It SUCKED! I was young and was nearly hospitalized. My dad was 30 and supremely fit and he was nearly hospitalized. In those days, a butt full of Pen G could keep the pneumonia away for many. That is not so effective 50 years later.

So when some say that COVID 19 = The Flu, that is not so far fetched, because some flu is a m'ther phoucer. For those who missed out on the Hong Kong strain, check these tidbits.

- The 1968 flu pandemic was a category 2 flu pandemic whose outbreak in 1968 and 1969 killed an estimated one million people worldwide

- admittedly, the death rate was less an 1%, but EVERYBODY old and young got it and antibiotics were effective.

So this stuff is not without precedent. To suggest that based on what we are told now that this is some ungodly super virus that will doom mankind is silly. That is not to downplay its comparisons to some of the more virulent flu, because influenza is a killer, but did the whole country come to a crashing halt after 600 people tested positive for the Asian or Hong Kong flu? Did the Stock Market crash? I cannot imagine what the media will do if 6900 people die of COVID 19 much less 69,000 dead in the US from previous flu outbreaks.

Nobody wants to catch this stuff and nobody wants to be ill. I saw another post where some doc says "COVID 19 is deadly to those over 80" No s h i t. Fire is hot. Who woulda thunk?

We have a right to be concerned, but beware of mass hysteria whipped up by the media.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sorry to be a downer or doubter.

Sorry about the formatting as this is in twitter-format.
From a well respected friend and intensivist/A&E consultant
Jason Van Schoor
@jasonvanschoor
who is currently in northern Italy: 1/ ‘I feel the pressure to give you a quick personal update about what is happening in Italy, and also give some quick direct advice about what you should do.
2/ First, Lombardy is the most developed region in Italy and it has a extraordinary good healthcare, I have worked in Italy, UK and Aus and don’t make the mistake to think that what is happening is happening in a 3rd world country.
3/ The current situation is difficult to imagine and numbers do not explain things at all. Our hospitals are overwhelmed by Covid-19, they are running 200% capacity
4/ We’ve stopped all routine, all ORs have been converted to ITUs and they are now diverting or not treating all other emergencies like trauma or strokes. There are hundreds of pts with severe resp failure and many of them do not have access to anything above a reservoir mask.
5/ Patients above 65 or younger with comorbidities are not even assessed by ITU, I am not saying not tubed, I’m saying not assessed and no ITU staff attends when they arrest. Staff are working as much as they can but they are starting to get sick and are emotionally overwhelmed.
6/ My friends call me in tears because they see people dying in front of them and they con only offer some oxygen. Ortho and pathologists are being given a leaflet and sent to see patients on NIV. PLEASE STOP, READ THIS AGAIN AND THINK.
7/ We have seen the same pattern in different areas a week apart, and there is no reason that in a few weeks it won’t be the same everywhere, this is the pattern:
8/ 1)A few positive cases, first mild measures, people are told to avoid ED but still hang out in groups, everyone says not to panick 2)Some moderate resp failures and a few severe ones that need tube, but regular access to ED is significantly reduced so everything looks great
9/ 3)Tons of patients with moderate resp failure, that overtime deteriorate to saturate ICUs first, then NIVs, then CPAP hoods, then even O2. 4)Staff gets sick so it gets difficult to cover for shifts, mortality spikes also from all other causes that can’t be treated properly.
10/ Everything about how to treat them is online but the only things that will make a difference are: do not be afraid of massively strict measures to keep people safe,
11/ if governments won’t do this at least keep your family safe, your loved ones with history of cancer or diabetes or any transplant will not be tubed if they need it even if they are young. By safe I mean YOU do not attend them and YOU decide who does and YOU teach them how to.
12/ Another typical attitude is read and listen to people saying things like this and think “that’s bad dude” and then go out for dinner because you think you’ll be safe.
have seen it, you won’t be if you don’t take it seriously. I really hope it won’t be as bad as here but prepare.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I sit up here in Fairbanks. They have no cases in Alaska yet. I can tell you that the media isn't talking about what is going on in North Italy. I think the world of Trump. I think that we need to go full aggro and do what Taiwan has. They have spread out the virus so it has not caused problems. They have their [bleep] together. Lets look at what they did.

I have follow TW news on this for the past few weeks on youtube.
• Their CDC officials gave daily live press briefing on all the cases.
• They stop all visitors from China very early in Jan.
• All the folks returns from China and other infected locations are required to have app that monitor their locations.
o 14 days monitor periods.
o They are required to answers the phone / video call at random time.
o If they failed to answers, the local polices will check on them.
o If that failed, their info - name, pic, location will broadcast to the TV, internet and the social media.
o There are heavy fine (up to 60K USD) for breaking the quarantine period.
• TW CDC publicizes every single cases (only 45 for now.. ) -
o Don't id the person directly.
o But id their work location,
o places they have been to, etc.
o Living Neighborhood.
o Everything is public. All actions, in-actions are debated public-ally.
• The government immediate focus on Mask productions.
o A few days ago - they can make 10 millions Mask per day now.
o Gov sponsor $$$ for rapid ramp up of mask productions automation lines a few weeks.
• Each citizen can order (2?) per masks and it is associated with their ID. (Health ID).
• There are strict rule in hospital about visitors.
• TW, HK, Singapore all been to SARS in 2003 and learn a lot from that.
o Their systems were all hyper aware of various aspect of the impacts
 Hospitals - How to protect the doctors, nurse.
 Press and media - how to publicize the news without cause panic.
 Economic - there are policy to help individuals and biz to survive the impact.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

BUT... OTOH the idiots will take it to an extreme that they stay so clean they loose normal antibodies from other germs.... it will go from one extreme to the next...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I sit up here in Fairbanks. They have no cases in Alaska yet. I can tell you that the media isn't talking about what is going on in North Italy. I think the world of Trump. I think that we need to go full aggro and do what Taiwan has. They have spread out the virus so it has not caused problems. They have their [bleep] together. Lets look at what they did.

I have follow TW news on this for the past few weeks on youtube.
• Their CDC officials gave daily live press briefing on all the cases.
• They stop all visitors from China very early in Jan.
• All the folks returns from China and other infected locations are required to have app that monitor their locations.
o 14 days monitor periods.
o They are required to answers the phone / video call at random time.
o If they failed to answers, the local polices will check on them.
o If that failed, their info - name, pic, location will broadcast to the TV, internet and the social media.
o There are heavy fine (up to 60K USD) for breaking the quarantine period.
• TW CDC publicizes every single cases (only 45 for now.. ) -
o Don't id the person directly.
o But id their work location,
o places they have been to, etc.
o Living Neighborhood.
o Everything is public. All actions, in-actions are debated public-ally.
• The government immediate focus on Mask productions.
o A few days ago - they can make 10 millions Mask per day now.
o Gov sponsor $$$ for rapid ramp up of mask productions automation lines a few weeks.
• Each citizen can order (2?) per masks and it is associated with their ID. (Health ID).
• There are strict rule in hospital about visitors.
• TW, HK, Singapore all been to SARS in 2003 and learn a lot from that.
o Their systems were all hyper aware of various aspect of the impacts
 Hospitals - How to protect the doctors, nurse.
 Press and media - how to publicize the news without cause panic.
 Economic - there are policy to help individuals and biz to survive the impact.

Freedom has its price.
I'll pay the fee.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Get on twitter and read what the poor bastards are saying in italy. Especially to their replies to people who say "it's no worse than the flu".

They say "we said the same thing till it got here" wait till it gets to you"

You can lead a horse...
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Twitter??

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Twitter??

Solid indisputable source.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (6mmCreedmoor, 7887mm08, 10gaugemag, 44mc, 35, 69sportfury, 13 invisible), 1,534 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,517
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.