Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 67 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 66 67
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
a nice 8 mile loop with Tiny E, temps were in the mid 60's- Holy [bleep]!

[Linked Image from imgur.com]

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
5 miles on the trails w/ my wife and Tiny E- mud is slowly replacing ice, TE was filthy when we were done smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
6-mile hike, 1340 ft elevation gain. Chloe got a bit muddy too. She spent a lot of time off-trail in the reprod, which did kinda clean most of the road mud off at the expense of getting soaked. With her long fur she looks really different wet, sleeker, which is DANG cute. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
2020 Arnold and World Strong Man dam records were broken!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
gym today

squats 5/3/1+/10 @ 75/85/95/70% of 1RM
bench 5/3/1+/10 @ 75/85/95/70% of 1RM
pullups 3x11
dips 3x30
core

surprised myself on squats and got 4 reps on my 1+ so going to continue with them w/o a reset
bench I got a single rep (and 3/4 :)) so will reset it after next week's reload week

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 miles on the trails with Tiny Elvis; in hot water with my wife as we were supposed to go to a film festival and forgot- ouch!

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Big oops. Especially since the film festival was sold out. Maybe you could blame it in Tiny E smile

Ed T

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ed_T
Big oops. Especially since the film festival was sold out. Maybe you could blame it in Tiny E smile

Lets see film festival or being outdoors? Yup Outdoors for the WIN!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

just got a text from the boss- it's intermission and she's said it's really good

Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Lets see film festival or being outdoors? Yup Outdoors for the WIN!

easy for you to say smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My boss went to the neurologist today to talk about trying one of the new migraine treatments, and walked out stunned because he detected very worrisome neuropathy in her legs.... no real diagnosis yet, but at least she doesn't show any other symptoms of the really scary ones- lupus, ALS, MS, and so on......... anyway file that one in the "do the things you love while you can!" file. Also, I will be on the JMT with her in August if I have to crawl it.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 miles for Tiny E and I this evening

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hit the weights Saturday - squats, press, deads, BB curls, LTEs then a 2 hour walk with my boys looking for sheds - good day
Monday - stretches, push-ups, 60 min on bike
Tuesday - stretches, push-ups, yoga in AM, squats, bench, PCs, dips in PM
Wednesday - stretches, push-ups, 60 min bike

Feels like I'm turning the corner on this where I'm not sore and totally whooped by early evening.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Since I over-shared the stuff with Cyn.... update.... we were totally freaked out and stunned. It's a literally disastrous thing to hear from a doctor. There IS NO good outcome for the onset of neuropathy. It means, basically, nerve death and hers is not subtle. It's what diabetics get, and then those horrifying diseases like MS or ALS.... fawking terrifying, and the doctor's reaction as he discovered this in an otherwise very-healthy-seeming, active, fit woman did not help on bit. HE was freaking out. Anyway she fell asleep early on the couch from the stress of it, I headed out to the shop to reflect on mortality and how the world takes away what you love, and tie up some leaders (went ocean fishin yesterday)..... about 11 pm I got a text; she'd remembered that she had caught West Nile when it came through here about what, 17-18 years ago. She got it so bad that for several weeks she could hardly walk. It was like a light bulb going off. The main terror of the thing was UNEXPLAINED neuropathy. He kept asking her, didn't you feel ANY pain recently, tingling, sharp shooting electrical pains...? Because nerves don't die quietly.

Anyway the whole thing is way less terrifying now that there's a reason. It appears that West Nile killed a bunch of nerves in her legs, and she's adapted and learned to compensate since. For example, her balance is not good with her eyes closed (that's one of the tests he ran) because she can't really feel what's going on in the small leg muscles that tell us when we are tilting or whatever. But eyes open, she's fine. She hikes with her eyes open. smile

At any rate blood work is still pending but we are feeling so much better about it, words can't really describe.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Glad to hear it's not as serious as you guys thought. That kind of stuff scares the sh*t out of me.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you, appreciate that. Yeah, when you realize that you'd be HOPING for diagnosis of MS, because it's at least somewhat treatable vs. the alternatives..... yeah. Not good.

Blood work is still pending, so fingers crossed there, but there's a universe of difference between the neurologist discovering onset neuropathy vs. discovering old existing neuropathy that has a viable explanation.

Forward!

Last edited by Jeff_O; 03/11/20.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah, when I read the first post and you said your "boss" I figured it was just some woman at work, I completely missed the point.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
good (better?) news indeed smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was riffing off Mike's comment about pissing off the boss.... My "boss" is an a-hole who thinks it's ok to go fishin on a damn Tuesday. smile

On that note, just got the official word, I pick up castings in Portland tomorrow to resume that work I have mentioned.... ugh. Yay! Ugh. Yay! Gonna eat me up again, but I can't resist the $$. By the time it went away last fall my hands and arms were NOT happy campers. The largest of the castings weigh over 15 lbs, are badly out of balance, and need spun on the lathe around 600 rpm minimum to get the finish on the bearing and seal pockets that we need. Scary. They get capital-F FIXTURED, meaning, my a-hole boss makes me go to great lengths to insure they are bolted/clamped/chucked securely. For a few fixturing steps I can use an impact driver (minimal torque transmitted to my arms) but for most of it, it's just me and my muscles and joints taking the load. And there's a lot of the damn things, and it's always a rush job with these people. But did I mention the $? The things we do for a buck. Like screw up our bodies.

My boss fishin yesterday. That's actually a MALE ling cod, and a big one. The bulge in its belly is a freshly-eaten 12" sea bass! No shït. While we were out there we heard a distress call to the Coast Guard from a boat near us who was taking on water. That was interesting. We raced over and followed her back into port so the CG wouldn't have to deploy. They had a cutter all crewed up and ready when we came in. That boat got the mother of all inspections, and good thing, I went and looked at her and she had no business being on the ocean.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Elliptical: 15minutes warm up

Weighs:
Squats: 4x8
Incline BP: 4x10
Leg Press Machine: 3x12
Barbell Curls: 4x10
Calf Raises: 4x20
Dumbbell Presses: 4x8

Treadmill run: 30minutes

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Then a couple hot blonds kept grabbing my phone and went in the dressing room to take selfies. It's 45minute post workout and I'm still sweating....

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by battue
Elliptical: 15minutes warm up

Weighs:
Squats: 4x8
Incline BP: 4x10
Leg Press Machine: 3x12
Barbell Curls: 4x10
Calf Raises: 4x20
Dumbbell Presses: 4x8

Treadmill run: 30minutes

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Then a couple hot blonds kept grabbing my phone and went in the dressing room to take selfies. It's 45minute post workout and I'm still sweating....

What the hell Battue I am not much into blonds but lets see! smile

Page 20 of 67 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

452 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 40 invisible), 2,131 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,143
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.