Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
i don't even know if i have any bleach, if not it is probably already sold out, like the TP

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Surfaces
Wear disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. Gloves should be discarded after each cleaning. If reusable gloves are used, those gloves should be dedicated for cleaning and disinfection of surfaces for COVID-19 and should not be used for other purposes. Consult the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and disinfection products used. Clean hands immediately after gloves are removed.

If surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
For disinfection, diluted household bleach solutions, alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol, and most common EPA-registered household disinfectants should be effective.
Diluted household bleach solutions can be used if appropriate for the surface. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application and proper ventilation. Check to ensure the product is not past its expiration date. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser. Unexpired household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses when properly diluted.

Prepare a bleach solution by mixing:
5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water or
4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/cleaning-disinfection.html

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Soap is made from fat. Soap destroys the outer layer of virus and bacteria cells. Washing your hands is actually better than hand sanitizer if the sanitizer doesn't have at least 70% alcohol in it.

got it, but that doesn't answer the question, i.e. sanitizing often touched surfaces.

Door knob, counter tops, light switches, faucet handles, stair railings, your nose, ass, crotch.
Stuff like that.

And your keyboard. Wipe and let air dry.

Use (Unscented) bleach accordion the instructions.

Last edited by ironbender; 03/11/20. Reason: Splg

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Don't sweat it. We're all like this guy:

Luke 12:19 And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry."’
20 "But God said to him, `You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’

Use reasonable caution but when your time's up, it's up. Party on!

I’m not going to hang my leg out of the window when a hatchet murderer is loose in the hood

Ye shall not tempt the Lord thy God

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by akasparky
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Surfaces
Wear disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. Gloves should be discarded after each cleaning. If reusable gloves are used, those gloves should be dedicated for cleaning and disinfection of surfaces for COVID-19 and should not be used for other purposes. Consult the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and disinfection products used. Clean hands immediately after gloves are removed.

If surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
For disinfection, diluted household bleach solutions, alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol, and most common EPA-registered household disinfectants should be effective.
Diluted household bleach solutions can be used if appropriate for the surface. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application and proper ventilation. Check to ensure the product is not past its expiration date. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser. Unexpired household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses when properly diluted.

Prepare a bleach solution by mixing:
5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water or
4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/cleaning-disinfection.html

thank you

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bleach should be fresh too.

It will ‘expire’ if you’ve had it a few months

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord

yeah but dont underestimate the placebo effect.

face masks,cleaning , etc have a psychological 'peace of mind' effect more than anything,
may as well throw in some prayers to complete the package.

Originally Posted by Salty303
I can't believe how everyone's gone all gaga about hand sanitizer, bleach etc
no health professionals anywhere are giving this advice, complete waste of time and not effective.

true, but rarely does common sense and education stand in the way of herd mentality mass panic.

if I was to risk trusting anything at all [homebrew] , it would be an appropriate iodine based solution.

the other option is to find out what medical staff/hospitals use and see if one
can find a source.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
/
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by sse
Soap is made from fat. Soap destroys the outer layer of virus and bacteria cells. Washing your hands is actually better than hand sanitizer if the sanitizer doesn't have at least 70% alcohol in it.

got it, but that doesn't answer the question, i.e. sanitizing often touched surfaces.

Door knob, counter tops, light switches, faucet handles, stair railings, your nose, ass, crotch.
Stuff like that.

And TELEPHONES! Anything you shove up into your face and breathe on. House phones, cell phones, smart phones, whatever. If you share a phone or borrow someone else's phone it's a great way to share germs.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by MikeL2
/
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by sse

Stuff like that.

And TELEPHONES! Anything you shove up into your face and breathe on. House phones, cell phones, smart phones, whatever. If you share a phone or borrow someone else's phone it's a great way to share germs.

Yes.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Momma has spent most of her life working in food service. She has always kept a pump spray bottle of diluted bleach water on the counter.

A bit of chicken blood on the counter, a few drops of beef drippings, she gives the counter a spray of bleach water and wipes it off with a paper towel.

She's been doing it for the 37 years I have known her. It has kept Salmonella and E Coli at bay all this time. It will keep COVID 19 away as well.

My question would be: what about the produce at the grocery. All those tomatoes, green beans, snow peas, potatoes, carrots, etc sitting on the shelves unwrapped. Handled by every passing shopper, sneezed upon by myriads of dirty little imps. If they are wrapped, they were picked and handled before being wrapped.

How do you sterilize raw living vegetables without tainting the veggies? How long can a viral agent live on living plant tissue? Is it time to start cooking every thing we eat?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by slumlord

If you cant find bleach but you have a pool or hot tub, the "pool shock" chemical is basically chlorine in powder form (calcium hypochlorite)
Couple bucks for a 1 pound bag that will make hundreds of gallons of disinfectant. Betting it wont sell out like bleach either.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Momma has spent most of her life working in food service. She has always kept a pump spray bottle
of diluted bleach water on the counter.

She's been doing it for the 37 years I have known her. It has kept Salmonella and E Coli at bay all this time.
It will keep COVID 19 away as well.

Can you cite which pharmaceutical co. or scientific finding has confirmed that bleach will kill
the current strain of COVID 19..?.....( there are commercial products verified to work against
other human coronaviruses,but we are not talking about such.)

should also be noted salmonella and E Coli are bacteria, while covid 19 is a virus.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Momma has spent most of her life working in food service. She has always kept a pump spray bottle of diluted bleach water on the counter.

A bit of chicken blood on the counter, a few drops of beef drippings, she gives the counter a spray of bleach water and wipes it off with a paper towel.

She's been doing it for the 37 years I have known her. It has kept Salmonella and E Coli at bay all this time. It will keep COVID 19 away as well.

My question would be: what about the produce at the grocery. All those tomatoes, green beans, snow peas, potatoes, carrots, etc sitting on the shelves unwrapped. Handled by every passing shopper, sneezed upon by myriads of dirty little imps. If they are wrapped, they were picked and handled before being wrapped.

How do you sterilize raw living vegetables without tainting the veggies? How long can a viral agent live on living plant tissue? Is it time to start cooking every thing we eat?

Just rinse in fresh water.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
To add:
Love the smell of bleach in the kitchen after processing fish or butchering chickens.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by sse

That's referring to things like railings on stairwells, and door knobs.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I aint puting bleach or any of that other stuff on what I touch the most. It just aint going to happen.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Holy cripes.

Wise to wash hands after using common-use /shared item surfaces outside one’s home like shopping carts, doors/knobs, kiosks/touch screens/cell phones, land-line phones at work, and as was mentioned MONEY. But, hell, this isn't “new” advice; always been true. Oh, and break the habit of touching one’s face, rubbing eyes, or touching lips. But, that isn’t new either.

You don’t catch 99% of viral illnesses by “touching” them. You get it by inhaling them (on someone’s moist breath or sneeze) or getting them on a mucus membrane such as eyes, mouth, inside nose, privates, etc.

And, no, it matters not a wit what magic potion you wash your hands with. Just wash them. Surfaces are different, in so much as you can’t wash your workplace keyboard in the sink. Dilute bleach or germicidal wipes are effective if can hit every micro-surface, which you can’t really, so do as you will.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

pharmaceutical companies are cashing in on products labellled “Kills Human Coronavirus”,
but it doesnt mean the product is capable of dealing with the specific COVID 19.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Starman

pharmaceutical companies are cashing in on products labellled “Kills Human Coronavirus”,
but it doesnt mean the product is capable of dealing with the specific COVID 19.

Covid 19 is easier to kill than the common cold virus.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Starman

Covid 19 is easier to kill than the common cold virus.

You know this from your own labratory controlled tests?

please tell which products on the market kill COVID 19

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 16 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,669
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.