-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sitting in Las Vegas with wife and grandkids for their spring break. Concerned, but I ain't scared.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Only the rocks live forever.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Last week I needed to go to town and get food for me and my dog, got busy and put it off as I was going to Houston, for the Stock Show Friday, They cancelled the Stock Show Today, That Sucks!!

Got to looking around my pantry and I've got enough food for about 6 months, and a freezer full of meat, my dog can eat scraps, think I will stay home for the next 6 months.

Got a friend bringing me a bunch of reloading stuff in the morning, that will keep me busy for awhile, always plenty to do around here, I'm 81 yrs old and still have a few more hunting seasons in me if I don't catch this China Fluuuie.

Ya'all take care, cough down wind, wash your hands in gun powder, take EX=Lax if you get a cold you won't cough. Later Rio7

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KFWA
In two weeks I have a vacation of debauchery planned in New Orleans - hotel in the quarter, planning on being on a 3 day drunk with my wife. I've had this planned for like 6 months.

how many of you would still go on this vacation given the current climate? - let me rephrase to eliminate all the New Orleans haters (I can't imagine there are any but whatever) - how many of you would still go on a vacation where you mingle with people?

Have you ever been there? That city is plain gross.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can catch worse things then the flu in NO during the orgy

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Go see the WW II museum. It has some amazing exhibits.

Be careful at night.

Last edited by navlav8r; 03/11/20.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
Had a doctor's appointment this morning anyway so I asked him if going on a European river cruise this May is a good idea.

He said no. Not a good idea at my age (over 60).

Looks like I'm canceling my cruise. Viking has offered vouchers good for 2 years.

We've got a river cruise scheduled. The letter Viking recently sent said (IIRC) that we have until the day before the plane takes off to cancel. We are planning to go unless we think we are going to get stuck in Europe for six weeks, although I almost wouldn't mind that. Don't cancel early. The way I figure it, if they cancel the cruise, it's on them, and I should get my money back. A voucher could just end up being an unsecured claim in a bankruptcy.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Heading to Hawaii tomorrow. Snorkeling, fishing, diving, kayaking, hiking.

Will Take the usual precautions when I travel. Not concerned. What a bunch of poossies compared to previous generations. Beta male central on the fire!!

Last edited by ribka; 03/11/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
yea I don't think I'm going after watching that Rogan video

Probably a good call.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
After a 3 day drunk how will you know if it's the hangover or corona virus?

G23

IC B3

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unless you plan on going into the woods for a year, just plan on getting it, and getting over it.

Don’t try to get it or do things that increase your chances substantially, but live your life.

If you are around people AT ALL, you can get it. A quick stop to the store can get you and your whole family infected.

The thing that makes this one really, really tough, is that you can get it from someone who has no clue that they have it. Meaning, being contagious without any symptoms. That tells me that most of us will get it eventually.

I think K-12 schools will be a germ factory. Kids are really horrible at hygiene. If they wanted to slow it down substantially, close K-12 schools like yesterday.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Why wouldn't you go?

In two weeks I have a vacation of debauchery planned in New Orleans - hotel in the quarter, planning on being on a 3 day drunk with my wife. I've had this planned for like 6 months.

how many of you would still go on this vacation given the current climate? - let me rephrase to eliminate all the New Orleans haters (I can't imagine there are any but whatever) - how many of you would still go on a vacation where you mingle with people?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Not me. But with the situation as it is around here at present, I don't want to fill my car up because of having to grab onto the gas pump handle.

i am gonna start using disposable rubber gloves for that, or alcohol based solutions before and after.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Daughter, SIL, and two gkids leaving for Scotland Monday. Be back following Sunday. Theoretically.

Only two times I’ve been to New Orleans I spent several nights in my tentage on Chalmette battlefield. Went downtown once while there, to train station to pick up a bud. Had a great time staying away from FQ and those shenanigans

As for kids going to Scotland. They are adults and make their own decisions. I’m just the gramps.

from what i understand of el presidente, travel to and from europe is shutting down friday, with an exception for great britain, don't know if that means scotland too.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Been all over the country, from Boston to San Diego in last 4 weeks. Won't stop traveling, until business stops. Y'all don't worry about the political pandemic.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I would go. Eventually you're going to come in contact with the corona. Your immune system will deal with it, or it won't. Living your last few months in a state of fear is no way to spend your time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

I really lived dangerously today- - - - -pushed a shopping cart around Wal-Mart and didn't use a disinfectant wipe on the handle! I'll be 74 in a couiple of months- - - -do you think maybe I've got a death wish?
LOL!

I wouldnt say death wish, but possibly a date with destiny.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RAS
Unless you plan on going into the woods for a year, just plan on getting it, and getting over it.

Don’t try to get it or do things that increase your chances substantially, but live your life.

If you are around people AT ALL, you can get it. A quick stop to the store can get you and your whole family infected.

The thing that makes this one really, really tough, is that you can get it from someone who has no clue that they have it. Meaning, being contagious without any symptoms. That tells me that most of us will get it eventually.

I think K-12 schools will be a germ factory. Kids are really horrible at hygiene. If they wanted to slow it down substantially, close K-12 schools like yesterday.

This for me. I have 2 kids in 2 different schools, a wife in medical care , and i deliver to over 20 restaurants a week in 3 states. Its not if I get it its when. As for OP. No way in hell I'd be flying right now. The current doubling rate is 4 days for the virus. I'm not a sky is falling kind of person but I think this one is for real. I 100000% wouldn't be getting on a cruise ship though.

Last edited by k20350; 03/11/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The owner of the coffee shop I like, is close to 60 yr old,
he handles all the money going through the cash register each day from each of the hundreds of customers..
and handles all the cups served to customers...
customers that take crowded trains and buses
to work and home each working day.

He would be in the higher risk category?..
but he still looks as healthy and vibrant
as he as always has...and he don't seem
To have much of C-19 on his mind by the
looks of it.... No mask, no sanitizing between
each customer, etc

If he or one his customers ends up getting it,
I might, [stress might] start to be a little concerned.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
According to one study, Louisiana, with more than 2,300 cases as of Thursday afternoon, is experiencing the fastest growth in new cases in the world; Gov. John Bel Edwards said on Tuesday that the current trajectory of case growth in Louisiana was similar to those in Spain and Italy. This week, President Trump approved the governor’s request for a major disaster declaration, which unlocks additional federal funding to combat the outbreak.

The situation in and around New Orleans is particularly acute, with the city reporting 997 confirmed cases as of Thursday afternoon, more than the total number of cases in all but 13 states. Hospitals are overwhelmed and critical safety gear is running low.

Orleans Parish, which shares its borders with the city of New Orleans, has suffered the highest number of deaths per capita of any county in the nation. Of the parish’s 46 deaths — more than two times the death toll of Los Angeles County — 11 are from a single retirement home, where dozens more residents are infected.

In a grim irony, there is a rising suspicion among medical experts that the crisis may have been accelerated by Mardi Gras — the weeks long citywide celebration that unfolds in crowded living rooms, ballrooms and city streets — which this year culminated on Feb. 25.
------------------

I would be on my way back home today

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,480 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.