Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just saw where Ohio is closing all schools on Monday 3/16. It's also banning all gatherings of 100 people or more. There are some exceptions like airports, train stations, religious services.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Trying to buy time for the hospitals. Avoid an Italy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They have 5 confirmed cases of covid 19.
Any reasonable person in charge would do the same thing.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
they are just the 1st. Lots more will fallow suit.

Last edited by colorado bob; 03/12/20.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Both Chattanooga and Memphis have also canceled public schools for two weeks starting this Monday. Memphis has 1 person with the virus and Chattanooga none.

IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
Trying to buy time for the hospitals. Avoid an Italy.

yup

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
5 cases, zero fatalities.

How many cases of any other disease were there in Ohio?

Hell, there were 18 shootings in Cleveland last weekend. And more than zero fatalities.

Mike DeWine (our governor) is a dumbass.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack

Bullshit! they are just stoking the fire of panic. All these quarantines, etc., are just prolonging the inevitable. Sooner or later every person on the planet will get infected and most (97%) will recover after some minor symptoms. It's just another typical flu event but this one is being magnified by the media. As has been said in other threads, the worst danger comes from unthinkers who panic.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
So based on your numbers are you saying only 3% of the worlds population will die? That still sounds like a lot of people to me.

Bb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KC
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack

Bullshit! they are just stoking the fire of panic. All these quarantines, etc., are just prolonging the inevitable. Sooner or later every person on the planet will get infected and most (97%) will recover after some minor symptoms. It's just another typical flu event but this one is being magnified by the media. As has been said in other threads, the worst danger comes from unthinkers who panic.

Should have used my sarcasm font.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
March break here next week, north of the border.

Ontario just announced that all schools will be closed for a further 2 weeks after March break.

School will resume April 6th.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Time. The only way we will know which of our theories is right or wrong.

Wonder how many are really ready to die if it comes to that. To me its not really a big thing. My day is coming like the rest of you. I'm more scared of driving down the road. Best I recall there are normally a few fatalities a day on the highways.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by rost495
Time. The only way we will know which of our theories is right or wrong.

We know right now.

COVID is fake news.

So, it's been weaponized against President Trump, and the American people, and pushed to the center of the media universe, because the media thinks the people are believin this shat, due to internet hits on keywords.

A coordinated liberal slander campaign, designed to bring down the economy and hopefully the President's re-election chances.

All kinds a crap's bein closed, but not because of demand of the public.

Liberals been handed the playbook on this thing, and are followin it as long as they can.

If this COVID crap was really a threat, there'd already be hundreds of videos of a "suffering, dying" COVID patient.

But there aren't.

Because only the already sick, and elderly, are dyin from this cold virus, just like they do from the regular flu virus.

And the sick and elderly bein the only ones dyin, don't fit with the fake news.

Be aware of what *isn't* there, and you have the answer.

And any lethality percentages are bullshit, because just like the regular flu, nobody's ever going to know how many people actually caught the virus, because just like the regular flu, 80% of people that get it don't waste their time and money going to the doctor. So any statement claimin "X amount of people got it and Y amount of people died", is crap, because they can never know how many people actually got it.

Clock's tickin on the COVID fake news, cause as soon as it gets warm, nobody's gonna GAS bout COVID.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I know Trump isn’t very well liked, but I have a hard time believing that the media could get every other country in the world to sign onto a conspiracy theory to dump him.

Having said that, I’m not going to go off the deep end about Covid, but I will up my usual precautions.

Having said that, I’m coming down with a fugging sore throat and headache tonight... I’ll apply scotch liberally tonight. Alcohol is an antiseptic.

Last edited by Wannabebwana; 03/12/20.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
They just announced they're cancelling the College World Series here in Omaha......and that's not until June!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm just sitting tight and trying to avoid getting trampled in the paper aisle stampede.

The democrats will try to get as much mileage as possible to keep Biden away from a microphone and place blame on President Trump.

Trump 2020

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
17/300,000,000= 0.0000000567 Deaths in USA, yea it's time to panic

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
The place I work is closing for a week.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My son, currently camping in west Texas, just sent an email where Texas A&M has extended spring break for a week then all courses go on-line. He is in his last semester of mechanical engineering so that makes things tough (group senior design...) tough. That said, I believe he will camp another day or two.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by EdM
My son, currently camping in west Texas, just sent an email where Texas A&M has extended spring break for a week then all courses go on-line. He is in his last semester of mechanical engineering so that makes things tough (group senior design...) tough. That said, I believe he will camp another day or two.

My opinion,..considering the circumstances,..they'll just walk last semester Seniors on through.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (163bc, 1234, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 51 invisible), 1,775 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,105
Posts18,522,468
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.