Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I’ve been buying everyday and still hope it goes lower! I’ll keep buying all the way until it hit bottom and then I still keep buying....

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by KU_Geo
I’ve been buying everyday and still hope it goes lower! I’ll keep buying all the way until it hit bottom and then I still keep buying....

I'm just going to keep rolling money on the way down, everything I buy today and tomorrow and next week is still a better value that all the stock I held the day this started. I've refrained for a long time in buying anything. Not going to pass up on this opportunity any longer. I feel like there if value in Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, even Disney once things return to normal.... That is where my money will go. I might lose it all as well but if I do money won't be worth anything anyways.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KU_Geo

It's a strategy and you should take advantage of it if you can.
But it's almost like the big players want episodes like this in order to buy assets for pennies on the dollar and consolidate their holds on markets. For instance, the big oil companies will buy up the small shale players.

Politics is War by Other Means
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Margin calls will drive the market some until they’re all cleared. Those with cash are going to be able to buy historic bargains. Many big players quietly went to cash weeks ago and are now feasting on the carnage. There will be no bottom until the margin calls are cleared. I expect the market to shoot back up rapidly from wherever the bottom is. The Wuhan 400 will come and go and the currently deleveraged will leverage for dirt cheap on the way up and make obscene profits. Then they’ll quietly deleverage again when the market raise begins to slow.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I jumped in today with a whopping $ 2,000 . I bought VYM. It is a Vanguard high yield ETF. It has the more conservative stocks like Exxon Mobil , At&T, Johnson & Johnson, ETC. . With todays prices, the ETF will pay 4% dividends. I also bough Occidental Petroleum today but only about $100.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Cash out refi, here I come!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Margin calls will drive the market some until they’re all cleared. Those with cash are going to be able to buy historic bargains. Many big players quietly went to cash weeks ago and are now feasting on the carnage. There will be no bottom until the margin calls are cleared. I expect the market to shoot back up rapidly from wherever the bottom is. The Wuhan 400 will come and go and the currently deleveraged will leverage for dirt cheap on the way up and make obscene profits. Then they’ll quietly deleverage again when the market raise begins to slow.

It would appear that the recent selling of gold is to cover those margin calls.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

It would appear that the recent selling of gold is to cover those margin calls.

That would be my guess as well.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Any thoughts on Royal Dutch Shell? I'm thinking about buying about $30,000 of it. Any other dividend stocks I should be looking at? I've got about $60k I've had on the sidelines waiting for a chance like this.

Bb

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Wells Fargo, GM, Alaska Airlines are on my radar.

I personally am staying away from energy.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Calvin

There’s a whole bunch of quality stocks that are on sale right now and could even get cheaper.

If y’all were to guess,,,,,how much longer away would you proffer that the turnaround is ?

I’m guessing 5 to 6 weeks and that’s probably too optimistic on my part. Y’all ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Any thoughts on Royal Dutch Shell? I'm thinking about buying about $30,000 of it. Any other dividend stocks I should be looking at? I've got about $60k I've had on the sidelines waiting for a chance like this.

Bb

Your $60K is 12/100,000ths (0.00000012) of a percent of what was thrown at the market today ($500BIL), and it continued to bleed.

Tomorrow will most likely be a repeat…or worse.

There’s some financial advice to chew on, and think about.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The DOW is now approaching a good point in which to buy (sure it may well go lower but no one can predict when it will hit bottom). Prices are lower now and more in line with traditional Price/earnings ratios. I've been bleeding cash back into the market (about $1,000-2,000/day) over the past 2 weeks and will continue to do so. In a year or so, the market will recover and I'll be happy I did so.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

There’s a whole bunch of quality stocks that are on sale right now and could even get cheaper.

If y’all were to guess,,,,,how much longer away would you proffer that the turnaround is ?

I’m guessing 5 to 6 weeks and that’s probably too optimistic on my part. Y’all ?

I been saying for two or three weeks: Nov 15.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

When these idiots sign tax relief legislation, where will the new money come from to replace the tax receipt money you just removed from the budget, so the BILLS can be paid…..oh, that’s right….printing presses….they’re now running 3 shifts 7 /days/wk…or is it 12/12/7 days/wk now?

How does the market come back when you keep adding more to the total debt, and devaluing the money?

Venezuela, Argentina, Zimbabwe, [USA]……remember that class?

Load the helicopters and drop….rinse repeat.

What does the chart look like: “V”, “U”, “\____/”(Long bottom), or “L”(sideways for decades….just like Japan)…..or maybe it’ll continue to cascade down, until it’s completely worthless, and we can start fresh…..by having a Civil War and removing these traitor communists (NWO, Deep State).

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 03/12/20.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

I would wait, I think energy has a ways to fall yet. This is a double nut kick for oil, no travel and OPEC. I think it will be better in a month or two. Or buy in 1/3 now, 1/3 in a month, another 1/3 a month later and average in. If things look like they are bouncing up you can always go all in.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

It all depends if we can avoid an Italy scenario. If the spread can be slowed and managed, things will be ok. If we overwhelm the system, all bets are off and stocks will crash hard.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I will say, most here are getting way too greedy way to soon. Their isn’t blood in the streets yet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This administration has totally did a botch job on the virus.

There will be more pain.

It sucks as I am all in.

I am just meowing.......but it will be the administrations faux paws.......idiots IMO

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Angus1895
This administration has totally did a botch job on the virus.

There will be more pain.

It sucks as I am all in.

I am just meowing.......but it will be the administrations faux paws.......idiots IMO

Exactly how have they botched it?

Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (Angus55, 160user, 257 roberts, alwaysoutdoors, 35, 10ring1, 14 invisible), 1,523 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,892
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.