Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I don't necessarily think the virus was set loose on purpose, but the media handling of it will not change the outcomes, in my opinion. In fact the panic buying, and looting that is sure to come, are making things worse.

This is spot on!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This isn't difficult to understand. It's entirely politically motivated and coordinated and no... it didn't require hundreds of conspirators planning and colluding together, it didn't require millionaires and billionaires agreeing to tank the market at their own cost, it didn't require the Chinese to manufacture and release a biological agent. It didn't require anything kooky.

The media, since several months before Trump was elected, has grabbed hold of everything and anything they think will take Trump out. They have literally thrown turd after turd at the wall hoping one will stick, but none has. To name just a few we've seen.... Access Hollywood, Stormy Daniels, Steele dossier / Russia collusion, and the Ukraine quid pro quo (for which they impeached him). All of those were just as bogus as this nonsense and they weren't enough to separate Trump from his base.

Clearly, the media has repeatedly demonstrated that they can pull something like this off. They don't need a vast left wing, big room full of conspirators to make it work. They have a handful of influential leaders running their companies, who HATE Trump and are happy to tacitly work together against him. This all started with that Chinese commie doctor who went public with his dire and dramatic warning video. I guarantee a few in the media saw that as another turd to toss against the wall to see if it'd stick... and it has to an extent.

There are many left wing leaders on record saying they'd be happy to see the economy tank if it'd take Trump out. My hope is people will see what is happening and begin to backlash against it... this is hurting real people.

Last edited by copperking81; 03/13/20.
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I watched most of the address.
Discussion centered on rolling out testing and partnering with private industry to speed this.
Short of loosening restrictions and giving healthcare more latitude I heard nothing of substance about a plan to manage the positive cases. Telemedicine offers nothing substantive in this instance.
Frankly in an area with high disease prevalence and negative flu a/b swab a person with consistent symptoms, lower respiratory symptoms and/or evolving interstitial pneumonia on chest films is presumed to have COVID. Once positives/presumptive positives are identified they should be isolated and triaged to care. We as a country can bring great resources to bear for a smaller number of patients but do not have capacity to care for mass casualties in the present framework.Community hospitals will be immediately overwhelmed.
There should be a mobilization to prepare local arenas, stadiums, bus depots etc for treatment of large numbers of people and forced quarantine by National Guard or the like. Contact tracing will be expected. Domestic travel should be curtailed. Retired physicians, nurses, EMS should be identified/self identify to assist in care as the existing force will need support. Ventilators need to be procured. PPE needs to be made available.
Do I think this pandemic will amount to a large number of deaths in the US? Hopefully not but too early to say and the consequences of underestimating this are large. Do I think the left is exploiting this? Yes, absolutely. I do think ginning up public fear is having unintended but helpful benefit in terms of causing people to hold off on travel. Do we need to reclaim manufacture of meds and medical equipment in this country? Yes as a matter of national security. If not this, then only a matter of time until we are confronted with legitimate test of our capabilities.
I write this as a staunch Trump supporter and physician.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by vagrouser
There should be a mobilization to prepare local arenas, stadiums, bus depots etc for treatment of large numbers of people and forced quarantine by National Guard or the like.

So, take alla your own money, and start preparin these locations.

Or, you could open your own privately funded place ta take care of the millions that will be knockin down your door.

Nobody's stoppin ya.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
There is quite a bit I don't know about covid-19 and that bothers me. I don't know just how contagious it is and I don't know just how bad the effects might be if one catches it. I don't know if the virus is likely to run it's course and be gone or if it will be an ongoing issue. I don't know if there will be any long term effects on recovered patients. In short, I don't know if I should try to avoid the virus completely or just count on catching it and deal with the outcome.
There are some things about the covid-19 virus of which I'm quite certain. I'm quite certain Donald Trump's actions have been appropriate although I think he has made some misstatements along the way. I'm also quite certain the Barrack Obama had nothing whatsoever to do with the covid-19 virus. Whether or not he would have handled the issue today any better or any worse is something we can't know. As it is, we have a situation which will have some ramifications. I'm quite certain the media is doing what they can to keep the drama quotient as high as possible. I don't know whether or not they are being manipulated by the Dems but I do believe they are , and always have been, left leaning so they might as well be.
I'm over 70, healthy in all respects, and live in a semi remote area. My nearest town is ten miles, nearest supermarket is thirty miles, and my nearest neighbor is 3/4 mile away. I probably have as good a chance of total avoidance as anyone. If I am infected, I have no reason to think I'm as likely to be OK as most 40 year olds.
One thing this outbreak has shown us is that our social structure is fragile and it doesn't take much to cause near-panic. It's a bit of a wake-up call. GD

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
strange coincidences ?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My take is, oh well, I am not going to try to expose myself but not going stop living either.

If it gets me and I die it was nice knowing you all,

C-ya

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Fubarski
The American economy should be wrecked because it allegedly has the "potential" to kill as many people as a normal flu season?

It has the potential to do jack shat, but due to gullible morons being manipulated by the ministry of propaganda, it appears to be much more serious.

You're doin your part, but like sh itka deer, you got no balls.

Is it gonna be worse, or not?

Gettin a liberal ta take a stand's like tryin ta pick up mercury with tweezers.

Yeah, I was afraid you were not smart enough to understand. Calling me a liberal is the biggest indicator of your ignorance.

Here is a link to a discussion which might shed some light into the recesses of your mind. The CDC says this will all be over within three or four months. Well of course it will, by their numbers for the rate of infection, every man woman and child in the USA will have contracted C-19 within four months.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-strategic-medicine-reserve#Post14659900

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
strange coincidences ?

Bogus... years are not all correct...

Some facts, aren't.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
strange coincidences ?

yeah well, Nostradumbass predicted a lot of things after the fact too but never sees anything coming.

Why weren't we informed of this prior?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just curious, Any people on this thread have any medical background whatsoever?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The CDC says this will all be over within three or four months. Well of course it will, by their numbers for the rate of infection, every man woman and child in the USA will have contracted C-19 within four months.

Ok, liberal.

You've taken the stand that it's the biggest killer since cancer.

You posted the link in support.

Will everbody be infected, or not?

Or do you just wanna feel good bout tryin ta stop it, while increasing the size of .gov?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The CDC says this will all be over within three or four months. Well of course it will, by their numbers for the rate of infection, every man woman and child in the USA will have contracted C-19 within four months.

Ok, liberal.

You've taken the stand that it's the biggest killer since cancer.

You posted the link in support.

Or do you just wanna feel good bout tryin ta stop it, while increasing the size of .gov?

Not only are you stupid. You are a lying sack of schitt. I already explained that I was far from liberal. I never asked for any increase in gov't. I never made any comparison to Cancer.

And absolutely YES, everyone in this nation will contract C-19 within the next four months. (with the exception of a few hermits who avoid all social contact).

Everybody WILL be infected. At least 1 out of 100 will die. 10 out of 100 in OUR demographic will die.

Those are my firm beliefs and prognostications. The data is available from all over the world to support this.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Just curious, Any people on this thread have any medical background whatsoever?

I stayed in a holiday inn express several times, does that count?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
And absolutely YES, everyone in this nation will contract C-19 within the next four months. (with the exception of a few hermits who avoid all social contact).

Everybody WILL be infected. At least 1 out of 100 will die. 10 out of 100 in OUR demographic will die.

Those are my firm beliefs and prognostications. The data is available from all over the world to support this.

Now we're gettin somewhere.

1 outta 100 will die.

350 million in the US.

Divided by 100 = 3.5 million dead from corona, in the US.

Your prediction.

Could work out, if alla the ones that die is liberals like you.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Millions have it right now. This is a very infectious virus, so when you hear there are people who are in the hospital with positive tests, assume the walking around rate of the virus is 100-10000x fold.

I remember daily phone calls with public health departments during 09/10 swine flu. 50-70 million infected, 20K dead with a percentage of those being children and not a single thing got canceled.

Look, 20k people in a country of 320+ million shouldn't shut us down. Otherwise, every year, during virus season, we are going to have to shut the country down. That may sound harsh but it's just how it works.

This hysteria doesn't make any sense and is being fueled by individuals or groups who have bad motives.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

YES, everyone in this nation will contract C-19 within the next four months....

... At least 1 out of 100 will die,

Those are my firm beliefs.

Current deaths are put at 50,

But you are certain it will peak at over 3 million?

: It has the potential to be every bit as lethal world wide as H1N1 of 1918.

Spanish flu killed near 700,000 Americans out of
a population of 103 million... (0.67%)

If we apply 1918 death rate to the current
population, it would amount to 2.2 million vs
your 3+million for C19.

ie: you are claiming C19 death rate (@1% )
will be at least 50% higher than 1918 (0.67%)

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
When the doctors start sounding like nurses you know it is bullsheet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by Starman

YES, everyone in this nation will contract C-19 within the next four months....

... At least 1 out of 100 will die,

Those are my firm beliefs.

Current deaths are put at 50,

But you are certain it will peak at over 3 million?

no , it'll be no where close, book it!

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (007FJ, 204guy, 222Sako, 160user, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,527
Posts18,491,115
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.