Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Buy American paper. MAPGA

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by nighthawk
??? The Chinese are going to master us by controlling our toilet paper supply? How Rome fell.

Only 10% of the TP in America is made outside of North America, but the YaHoos seem to think so.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
??? The Chinese are going to master us by controlling our toilet paper supply? How Rome fell.

Only 10% of the TP in America is made outside of North America, but the YaHoos seem to think so.

Hey, are you stateside or stuck? Hope you the best.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

...stuck, no known return date.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

...stuck, no known return date.

Phucqk! Sorry to hear this. I saw the ROK troop travel halt news and was wondering. Dang it man. Keep us posted. Just chit for timing! SOB. Hang in there!

Need anything?

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Probably toilet paper

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by jmdriver
Probably toilet paper

Didn't Trump authorize replenishment of the National TP Reserve for the troops?

--- Kid Rock 2022

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by jmdriver
Probably toilet paper

NAh...I've got a bidet and the commissary has plenty. Little to no panic buying here. The DoD has issued a stop-movement for us all. Even folks going on personal leave or whatever.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well that’s a shiny spot for you at least. Still feel for you being stuck over there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
They use facial recognition at the walmart stores and track what each customer buys. Walmart, china, and google are all buddies.

OMFG! Where do you folks even come up with this crap?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
The reason for the TP shortage is some idiot put on the internet that all of it is produced in China!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gophergunner
They use facial recognition at the walmart stores and track what each customer buys. Walmart, china, and google are all buddies.

Walmart does use facial recognition software but doubtfully for the reasons stated here.
They've made use of it for loss prevention, they bust a shoplifter and then automatically speed scan their video archives and find the same shoplifter has hit them many times before.

Multiple times I've seen our local crime report where with the video evidence they successfully get 10 or 12 charges on a single shoplifter making their crime a felony instead of a misdemeanor, pretty cool tool....

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We buy in bulk to reduce trips to the store; saves time and gas. Now it also reduces the risk of encountering the Wuhan Crud and other bugs, so it ain't necessarily about piling up a bunch of extra stuff for when the doodie hits the fan.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
All the toilet paper sold in the USA is made here.
I worked in the paper industry for 40 years.
In fact there has been added production capacity to the fluff market, Diapers, TP, ETC.
The paper mills where loosing huge money on their print papers, news print, coated and un-coated printing papers.
They converted those plants and machines to the FLUFF MARKET 2-4 YEARS AGO.
Each machine is 188" wide, they run 85,000-95,000 FPM. There are some larger machines this is a mid-sized one.
The daily capacity is why beyond the consumption.
They could run off enough in one week to supply the damn country for 2 months.
The panicked hoarding of TP started with a tweet about how the Chinese make our TP.
Does anyone fact check anything?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Does anyone fact check anything?

Don't let facts get in the way of a good rumor or conspiracy theory....

If the crap hit the oscillator, now they'd have to move cases of TP out of the way to reach the .22 ammo, meanwhile blame Trump for not organizing storage.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
A Food Lion employee told someone my wife works with that all Toilet paper comes from China. I told my wife that even the Chinese know that stuffing a 40' cargo container with toilet paper is a losing proposition. Faux News at its best.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I stocked up on a bunch of stuff for my Mother in the last couple of weeks at her request. I thought it was all much ado about not much but its looking like a pretty good idea now. I guess she is still smarter than me.

Then again, if everyone loses their mind at the same time, it really does not matter what the reason for it is or whether or not it makes any sense.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akasparky

Walmart does use facial recognition software but doubtfully for the reasons stated here.
They've made use of it for loss prevention, they bust a shoplifter and then automatically speed scan their video archives and find the same shoplifter has hit them many times before.

Multiple times I've seen our local crime report where with the video evidence they successfully get 10 or 12 charges on a single shoplifter making their crime a felony instead of a misdemeanor, pretty cool tool....

This is simply not true. They have security cameras, but not facial recognition systems.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is simply not true. They have security cameras, but not facial recognition systems.

Must be a regional thing because I know otherwise...

Been in use at our local Walmart for almost 2 years

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What would be the fun in that?

I supect lots of folks run their housholds like companies, Just in Time, and run out to the store when one or two things run out or low instead of keeping a bit ahead on staples. Word gets out that the shelves are getting empty and everyone piles into the SUV and heads to Costco, and while they're there, get a bit extra. Stores, who operate on expected sales volume, run out of stuff. People start seeking alternative sources, and soon Home Depot, where no one ever buys TP or cleaning products unless they just happen to be there and in need, is out too. Rinse, repeat.

The supply chain will catch up, and just like gun sales after the last general election, sales of sanitation products will probably drop off a bit until the surplus is "wiped out"😜.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (2500HD, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 12344mag, 25classic, 60 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,295
Posts18,487,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.