Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by gophergunner
This is simply not true. They have security cameras, but not facial recognition systems.

Must be a regional thing because I know otherwise...

State your sources and show your proof.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No, not "all" .

Originally Posted by DougD
All the toilet paper sold in the USA is made here.
I worked in the paper industry for 40 years.
In fact there has been added production capacity to the fluff market, Diapers, TP, ETC.
The paper mills where loosing huge money on their print papers, news print, coated and un-coated printing papers.
They converted those plants and machines to the FLUFF MARKET 2-4 YEARS AGO.
Each machine is 188" wide, they run 85,000-95,000 FPM. There are some larger machines this is a mid-sized one.
The daily capacity is why beyond the consumption.
They could run off enough in one week to supply the damn country for 2 months.
The panicked hoarding of TP started with a tweet about how the Chinese make our TP.
Does anyone fact check anything?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
No, not "all" .

In fact there has been added production capacity to the fluff market, Diapers, TP, ETC.
The paper mills where loosing huge money on their print papers, news print, coated and un-coated printing papers.
Each machine is 188" wide, they run 85,000-95,000 FPM. There are some larger machines this is a mid-sized one.
The panicked hoarding of TP started with a tweet about how the Chinese make our TP.

10% comes from Mexico and Canada . The rest is made here

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akasparky
This is simply not true. They have security cameras, but not facial recognition systems.

Must be a regional thing because I know otherwise...

State your sources and show your proof.

One link is in my other post, it's 2 years old.

It's been used on and off for the last 8 years (see link). Most the earlier versions of various software failed miserably and only lasted for a few months of testing. It's where the rumor stated here first would have originated from.

But get real, if they wanted to track our shopping habits it's not like they don't have our bank card records of our purchases there to work with for that.

But back on the security uses, over the last couple years there have been huge advancement AI and it is what it takes to even watch one store for current events let alone past events. You could have a group of men watching monitors in realtime that could never do what the current software is capable of.
Walmart isn't the only ones that use these type of systems, it's a great loss prevention tool and recent improvements and development has increased it's use dramatically.

Our local Walmart's loss prevention officer's office is right by the front door of the store. when I stated seeing the arrests in our papers crime report I stopped and BS'ed with him about the system. He was pretty open about it's use.

So my current documentation is in conversation with him and 18 months worth of our news papers old crime reports.
I'll send ya the link to the paper if ya wanna start diggin.....

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Has toilet paper passed both Hilary, and Nancy as to bein' talked about here? Crazy, the world has gone NUTS!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
When the shelves fill up, there's Asain paper here too. Buy American. Pulp is from all over.... 1973 all it took was Carson. LOL

Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
No, not "all" .

10% comes from Mexico and Canada . The rest is made here

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The not to surprizing fact that should be evident to all on the forum is that the vast majority of Americans are ill prepared for any kind of supply shortages. Way to many households short of commonsense enough to survive more than a few days without running short of either food or all other neccesities. That's the real sad fact. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Have to ask, 85k'/min?

We dont make paper, we treat and convert.

Material moves 36"/min (very slow) to
300'/min (pretty fast)

I know printing goes 3k plus.

But 85k?

I can only imagine the mess a wreck makes.
heck, 700"/minute makes a hell of a mess when it takes
a bit to hit The Big Red Button. Then wind down.
Especially if the scrap is resin coated and starts drying as you
are trying to clean up.

Multiple trash gurneys full.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Glass manufacture can run thin at around 700" per min. Sheet rock can run a lot faster than that so yes paper can really get going...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
One sheet per cshit please!!!

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I had a short conversation with a guy who was trying to keep the meat department shelves stocked at a Walmart in north Alabama yesterday- - - - -he commented "This is like a snowstorm on steroids!". Now, for you damyankees who don't see the ground for 4 months a year because of snow, down here the idiots clear the shelves of every store in the neighborhood of bread, milk, and occasionally beer anytime there's a forecast of half an inch of accumulation!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by hanco
One sheet per cshit please!!!

And use both sides!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just went to the local WM for crab meat to make crab cakes. Pretty amazing is was missing so many items. It was not busy, but typical things like eggs, milk, bacon were almost out. Pretty neat to see it in person. Shoppers looked pretty determined.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

went to our local Wallys just to see the hype
Pic 1 is the paper product isle
#-2 is the bread

Last edited by rong; 03/15/20.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You are rong. But you may be right - now. grin

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 03/15/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I get a kick out of the way that everyone feels the need to make an excuse for going to Wal-Mart.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't know where all you fuggers live, but we went to two different stores yesterday to do our weekly Saturday shopping and both had several varieties of TP on the shelves. We have one place we like for their meat department and another place we like for their fruits and produce; neither one was overrun and the shelves were stocked just like normal. It was actually less busy than a normal Saturday, so maybe everyone else decided to stampede Costco and Wally-World or were holed up crying in their mom's
basement.

Stopped at Bi-Mart and they have as much ammo as you want. Then hit Redbox and rented Zombieland 2, I figure it's a good tutorial for what's coming...... wink

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Paper machines scare the hell out of me been around them my whole life.The 2 new mills at the GP facility in Port Hudson LA.
288" WIDE 85,000 FPM MAX.
Runs them at 65,000 when you are in the building it feels as if the ground is about to licquify.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I don't know where all you fuggers live, but we went to two different stores yesterday to do our weekly Saturday shopping and both had several varieties of TP on the shelves. We have one place we like for their meat department and another place we like for their fruits and produce; neither one was overrun and the shelves were stocked just like normal. It was actually less busy than a normal Saturday, so maybe everyone else decided to stampede Costco and Wally-World or were holed up crying in their mom's
basement.

Stopped at Bi-Mart and they have as much ammo as you want. Then hit Redbox and rented Zombieland 2, I figure it's a good tutorial for what's coming...... wink

from the land of hippies, liberals.
they don't use toilet paper.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
GW-it's very populated here,there were no crowds today when I went to WM,they had fruit and meats,bread and paper were gone.

5s-no excuse here for going to WM,it's a low end store and we have alot of better choices.I don't shop there as a 1st choice, Mrs Rong won't shop there at all.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 35 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,228
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.