Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
It's bullchit like this causing hysteria

For heavens sake this isn’t about Trump. Damn this is getting tiresome.

Tomorrow, the new Covid numbers will be released. The last. Umbers came out Friday. On Friday, Italy saw their highest number of mortalities in one day from the virus. As a result, the place is all under quarantine and people are singing to each other in the streets through their windows. Look in to something instead of immediately saying this is just the media trying to screw Trump.

Where did anyone say it was about Trump?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by teal
Given they pushed back patient zero to NOVEMBER, chances are you've already had it. I had a NASTY respiratory cold in Dec and Jan. May have been it - don't know. Didn't see a doc. All they do is tell you to rest, fluids and stay home. So I did that without the copay.

Mortality rate is a sheit statistic, the number of those who've had it is VASTLY under reported so its inflating the death rate.

That's very interesting. I was sick for three weeks in late December through Mid-January with an upper respiratory ailment in January. Worst I've ever had. Maybe I'm immune now!

Mine was Christmas Eve to about February 3rd. And I know personally 27 others it happened to. Three were hospitalized.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 03/15/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Originally Posted by jackmountain
169,500 diagnosed and 6,500 fatalities in China, where the number of new cases are slowing down. 480,000? Bullschit.

And this happened in China because China took it seriously and intervened. It didn't happen naturally. The point to all the warnings and projections here is to get people here to do what China was able to do. The difference is that the Chinese tend to do what they are told, while we have people here who think they know more than the experts and who see conspiracy theories in everything they aren't capable of understanding.

Exactly right...

I saw where people we let back into the US are griping like old women about having to wait a whole four hours to be screened.

J F C !!! a whole four hours to help keep a nationwide pandemic from spreading far more than it will anyway. I saw the lines in the airport, and the vast majority were younger sloppily dressed snowflakes. I wouldn't mind hearing that most dropped dead.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So that's 3 people in this thread alone who've dealt with something akin to covid19 but before it became common knowledge.

May not have been but I know mine was bad. Hurt to breathe and I had, what felt like pulled muscles/broken ribs from coughing so hard. I'd see stars.

Never tested, never counted etc. So many will basically do the same because what they have does not match the level if doom the media has portrayed. The X% death rate is based on a flawed count of infected people. Not to be trusted.

Me

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Lots of people in Wyoming had the flu, or thought it was. Docs said they did not know what it was. Same symptoms, headache, cough, very tired most had it 4 weeks. Most did not go to Doc. Just toughed it out. I think this has been in the wind for quite some time. When they start testing more ,Going to find a lot more cases.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same here, I actually told my docs it felt like broken ribs. I have a lot of abdominal and chest scar tissue and it all hurt like hell

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
My lungs were really aching, and I felt very fatigued.

I didn't have general body/joint pain, vomititing or the sh-its as in typical flu.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not saying I had it but looking back - would not be surprised if I did at the time.

Over weight, 40's and male. Alive.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was ultra pissed, lost half my hunting season and 20lbs and the chit just would not go away.

Then, I couldn’t muster the energy to drive 12 hours back home to Alabama to finish the season so I hunted here on the Army Base. First day I slipped on a loose rock and smacked a cedar tree and had a black eye for two weeks.
I shoulda stayed in bed.

I could drop and do a set of 100 pushups on the perfect pushup device on Christmas Eve morning, I’m barley doing 42 now.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Salty303

Tomorrow, the new Covid numbers will be released. The last. Umbers came out Friday. On Friday, Italy saw their highest number of mortalities in one day from the virus. As a result, the place is all under quarantine and people are singing to each other in the streets through their windows. Look in to something instead of immediately saying this is just the media trying to screw Trump.

No chit.lol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So that's 3 people in this thread alone who've dealt with something akin to covid19 but before it became common knowledge.

May not have been but I know mine was bad. Hurt to breathe and I had, what felt like pulled muscles/broken ribs from coughing so hard. I'd see stars.

Never tested, never counted etc. So many will basically do the same because what they have does not match the level if doom the media has portrayed. The X% death rate is based on a flawed count of infected people. Not to be trusted.

Your point is spot on, and I guess it's safe to say that the actual death toll percentage will be less than 1/2 what is reported.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had a bad cough, bronchitis end of Dec too. It was right after I spent the night at the hospital for a sleep study/bipap titration. The machine really dried my airways out. However, I didn't have a fever and my cough was productive. I doubt it was Covid but I'd be happy now if it was.

Bb

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

You’re right. I’m bouncing between 3 threads right now and got mixed up.

The hysteria is an absolute disgrace and I still don’t understand the TP connection. But the general consensus I’m getting is that people here want to make this about hype. A few day’s ago, I agreed with them. Now, not so much.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
20 years ago, my younger son developed some crazy pneumonia. The x-rays of bis lungs looked solid white. Ended up in UVA pediatric ICU. Neither a lung flush nor a tissue biopsy gave them anything to culture. Suddenly, on about the 6th day, he began to recover, and was released on day 7 IIRC. he was on anti-fungals and antibiotics, but it was likely a virus, though the head of infectious medicine there thought it was bacterial. Who knows? One things certain, I don't recommend this sort of thing as a recreation.

He has a nice scar in his side, just like the one in pics of Jesus, from the biopsy.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
169,500 diagnosed and 6,500 fatalities in China, where the number of new cases are slowing down. 480,000? Bullschit.

Take China’s word for numbers. That’s smart.

They were claiming a few thousand cases when the 2 nurses and dr came on saying they needed help. One nurse said China had 90,000 cases. The other, or same a day or two later, said 100,000,000 cases.

A healthy 35 yo or so dr got it and died in a few days.

I think I may have had a case a couple mo ago. Dry cough, chills, sweated the bed wet under blankets while freezing. No hot flashes but cold, chills under blankets. Took 50 mg prednisone Q Od several times.

Thot I would be over it at times and go duck or quail hunting and be back in bed with sick again. Not too bad except I died.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

You’re right. I’m bouncing between 3 threads right now and got mixed up.

The hysteria is an absolute disgrace and I still don’t understand the TP connection. But the general consensus I’m getting is that people here want to make this about hype. A few day’s ago, I agreed with them. Now, not so much.

Go get ya some double rolls then. Stock up. Hell I'd buy a new barn for the backyard.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
With all the flights in and out of Wuhan before China copped to what was going on, there shouldn't be any surprise if folks had this back in December.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My 35 year old son had something he couldn’t shake either for about 34 days, it didn’t put him down like it did me.

Many described the same fizzy type soda sound when they would breath

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Given they pushed back patient zero to NOVEMBER, chances are you've already had it. I had a NASTY respiratory cold in Dec and Jan. May have been it - don't know. Didn't see a doc. All they do is tell you to rest, fluids and stay home.

I had the flu over Christmas. Three days in bed, lots of liquids, then gradual recovery. Cough persisted for weeks, but gradually went away.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Your point is spot on, and I guess it's safe to say that the actual death toll percentage will be less than 1/2 what is reported.

What is being reported are projections of what could happen based on what we know about this virus IF people don't take precautions. That is why everyone is harping on isolation and good hygiene to REDUCE transmission and mortality due to overwhelming our hospitals. Follow their recommendations and hope you are lucky. That's all we can do.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (338reddog, 7mm_Loco, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 18 invisible), 1,612 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,290
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.