Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
I know it won't happen for a while, but it sure is nice to dream. Went out yeaterday afternoon for a well deserved (even my wife thought so smile ) R&R to a friend's remote camp. This is about an hour into the wilderness from the hick town I live in which is in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway, we caught our supper last night -- fresh yellow pickerel -- y'all call them walleyes. Pork steak/pickerel --Nortwestern Ontario Surf and Turf Special. You can drive a $x$ to within six miles of the cabin, and the ATV for the next six miles through some tall timber, across a swamp etc, etc.

Saw something neat -- a doe swimming across the lake. Saw a wolf swimming across the lake yesterday -- must've been hunting deer. wink

Cut a load of firewood this afternoon and brought home a cord of wood, and a limit of yellow pickerel for supper tonight.

Here's my buddy with one of the nicer fish. I sure appreciate the Lord allowing me opportunities like this, and I'm refreshed to harness up again.

[Linked Image]

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Most excellent! Gods creation is truly spectacular, and he made it just for us. Way to go Keith, I can't wait for my next excursion into Gods great out doors.

Steve

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
God's word tells us that all creation He made for His pleasure (Revelation), and that it pleased Him to see what man would name it. Further that He gave all of creation into our care and dominion (Genesis). From that vantage point it would appear that all the world He made to share with Man, and that only us did He create only for Himself, to commune with Him and fellowship. You can have a lot of fellowship with the Lord out in the beauty of God's creation, or on a lake catching His provision for us.

[Linked Image]
"What will you say when God asks you 'why?'"

KJ believer
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
shootist,

Glad to hear you had a great time. Men of God need to get charged up once in a while.
Sometimes when I'm outdoors I just gaze at the works of His hand and I get goose bumps. It recalls to mind one of my favorite hymns, "How Great Thou Art".

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Keith,
Glad you had some time for a little fishin' and fun! And it's even better that they were biting. That looks like a beautiful lake, but most anyone is when you are sitting in the middle of it on a nice day. Good for you!

Bro Rick

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
oh, how i love walleye. we had 'em where i was raised in tennessee. a most excellent eating fish ... you go, keith.
amen.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sanlen you are correct, my mistake blush I guess I got carried away, he left it in our care and I'm going to enjoy it in the process.

Steve

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm coming for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG visit...

I'll take good care of the boat!

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Amen. Although I throughly enjoy the area God has called me to serve in, I look forward to another lake -- actually it's a crystal sea. Imagine the fellowship we'll have there, unhindered by the flesh - arisen perfectly formed in his image, without pain, tears, sorrow or sin. Makes the best of this world pale by comparison, doncha think.

See some of you guys there, and we won't have to worry who's looking after the boat. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Shipster
Sanlen you are correct, my mistake blush

Steve

I'm correct? About what? Didn't mean to be correcting anything, just making a comment. I guess it's just hard to be anything but perfect when you know that's how you really are.... (tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Seriously, didn't mean to say you were wrong, or correct anything. I thought what you said was fine. My point was that I think God enjoys us, His creation made just for Him, out being a part of and enjoying the "nature" He gave us to keep, use and subdue.

[Linked Image]

KJ believer
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
That makes me smile even more, to think that God had fun when I went fishing. I hope he enjoys it as much when I go shooting and hunting too. smile

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I understand that there is at least seven times more water than dry land on this ol' earth so that proves that man should grin fish at least seven times more than he works. Sounds good, anyhow.

But I don't thunk it's fair for some to get to fish seven times more than the rest of us. grin

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If so, then He enjoyed this afternoon more than I did. Two words:
nuisance tags, those lovely little things DNR gives us several times a year for excess deer. Now that part is fine, but then you have to come in the house and spend several hours cutting it up, trimming the gristle off, and washing, grinding what you want for burgers, then sealing it all up in the "food saver" vacuum bags beore it goes in the freezer. I usually make about 10 to 20 pounds as about half ground beef and ground deer, other wise I think it's a little dry for burgers. Another 20 to 40 pounds, depending on the deer, gets ground up for spegheti, chilli, tacos and such. This was a young "spike" buck, about 100 pounds before butchering, so not aa much overall for ground deer.

It isn't that I really mind it all (and a good deer roast with my special rub certainly makes it worthwhile). It just isn't what I'd call fun. Kind of like cleaning fish after a fishing trip: you do it. but you don't like it near as much as sitting in a boat on the lake.

[Linked Image]

KJ believer

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 12344mag, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 46 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,133
Posts18,483,919
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.