-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My farm manager and his wife came down with a very high fever and cough in early January. Weird thing was, none of the four kids got it. He's usually a workhorse that I can't keep up with, and I've had to drag him along for the last six weeks. He's just now starting to get over it. Whatever bug it was, it was nasty.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not sure if Thanksgiving would be too early if it was here, but day after and all 2 weeks of hunting season I had what felt like walking pneumonia. Couldnt get enough breath by 2nd day. 3rd day electric went out at camp and neighbors left us know the co-op wouldnt have it back up for 4 days. My breathing was that bad I told my dad I wasnt sure I could drive 4 hrs home. I made it, but felt so dizzy I pulled into a hospital parking lot and contemplated going into ER. After I sat a bit with the window open and had some cool air I felt a bit better and drove rest of the way home. Next day doc gave me abx but they really didnt do much. I was still down for another week.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by teal
Given they pushed back patient zero to NOVEMBER, chances are you've already had it. I had a NASTY respiratory cold in Dec and Jan. May have been it - don't know. Didn't see a doc. All they do is tell you to rest, fluids and stay home. So I did that without the copay.

Mortality rate is a sheit statistic, the number of those who've had it is VASTLY under reported so its inflating the death rate.

That's very interesting. I was sick for three weeks in late December through Mid-January with an upper respiratory ailment in January. Worst I've ever had. Maybe I'm immune now!

Mine was Christmas Eve to about February 3rd. And I know personally 27 others it happened to. Three were hospitalized.

Very interesting. Could be we've already had it?

Tarquin
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I talked to a Nurse today and she told us that 5 people have come into her hospital to be checked out and all 5 of them did not have the Virus
Her husband works at an hospital 20 times the size of the one she works at and they have had 1 person come in and it was reported that that person had the virus and then later reported that they did not have the virus.

She told us that the reported peek for the virus was in about 2 weeks. (that is what they have been told at the places that both of them work)

So as of this morning there have been no confirmed cases of the Virus at 2 Hospitals in Communist Mexifornia.

But we can not buy Toilet Paper and our stores are being drained every day of almost everything.
Sam's Club emailed everyone and has changed their hours so that they can re stock before they open and Our Grocery stores are opening late to re stock as well.
People lined up waiting to get in in the mornings.

M
MLC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The H1N1 swine flu of 2009-2010 or even the regular flu was worst then this corona. People are be played.

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Of all of us who suffered this terrible prolonged flu this winter, how many had taken the influenza vaccine this year?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
My 35 year old son had something he couldn’t shake either for about 34 days, it didn’t put him down like it did me.

Many described the same fizzy type soda sound when they would breath

Crepitus. Makes a guy nervous. If it doesnt clear up you probably have developed Pulmonary Fibrosis and die or get a lung transplant and then die.

Let me say right here, if you have lung problems QUIT SMOKING and dont be doing much on the grill where you breathe smoke. Or diesel.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/15/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It did clear up but was a mo-fo

I’ll find out what the docs say tomorrow on Lackland,

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 03/15/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Given they pushed back patient zero to NOVEMBER, chances are you've already had it. I had a NASTY respiratory cold in Dec and Jan. May have been it - don't know. Didn't see a doc. All they do is tell you to rest, fluids and stay home. So I did that without the copay.

Mortality rate is a sheit statistic, the number of those who've had it is VASTLY under reported so its inflating the death rate.

That's very interesting. I was sick for three weeks in late December through Mid-January with an upper respiratory ailment in January. Worst I've ever had. Maybe I'm immune now!

Did any of you who had this mysterious respiratory illness earlier this winter get tested?

Perhaps it was the flu you folks had?

Or a bad "cold".

or something bacterial even?

Without having been tested.............................for all we know.........................it may have even been.......................

ALIEN life forms invading your body.

Geno

PS, I too had a low grade fever, started without the sore throat as usual though, aches and pains, and it morphed into bronchitis. Maybe I had the Corona? But not likely. I'll never know as I wasn't tested either.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by achadwick
It seems it might be much worse than I had originally thought. Dr. Michael Osterholm at University of Minnesota believes we will have in the USA 96 million cases of the virus, 48 million hospitalizations and over 480,000 deaths over the next 3-7 months. Grim.]

That would mean a fatality rate of one half of one percent of those cases. Is that not a low percentage as compared with usual flu rates?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I tested positive for the A-Strain flu and after about 8 days got the pneumonia and had to sit there whilst docs looked at the xrays and said the pattern was strange so the termed it “junky”

Originally Posted by Valsdad

Did any of you who had this mysterious respiratory illness earlier this winter get tested?

Perhaps it was the flu you folks had?

Or a bad "cold".

or something bacterial even?

Without having been tested.............................for all we know.........................it may have even been.......................

ALIEN life forms invading your body.

Geno

PS, I too had a low grade fever, started without the sore throat as usual though, aches and pains, and it morphed into bronchitis. Maybe I had the Corona? But not likely. I'll never know as I wasn't tested either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

State of Washington starting to be "shut down"...Oregon probably will be next.

Set up your perimeters and when a couple more strictures imposed...prepare to repel "zombies".

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Zombies like stir fry with death cap mushrooms

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At least you were tested.

I got an xray to make sure I didn't have pneumonia and anti-biotics for the bronchitis. Lungs still felt like crap 2 weeks after that course too.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

JL...you hangin' out with 'doofus?

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
So no one got tested for corona before the tests became available or needed ? What nerve......I’m tellin’ ya.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
So no one got tested for corona before the tests became available or needed ? What nerve......I’m tellin’ ya.

a whole lot of folks didn't get tested for anything. And therefor don't know what they might have had. Flu, Corona, March Madness. No telling.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've just gotten over a nasty respiratory infection. Lung X-rays didn't indicate pneumonia, but bronchitis-pharyngitis with rather severe asthma. Coughed violently for several weeks until it felt like bruised broken ribs. It just kept getting slowly worse and improved none until I went to the doctor. Over the counter medicine helped none. Antibiotics, steroids, expectorants, inhaler, decongestant, etc., prescription stuff all, finally cleared up in the last few days. Never did run a temp. Makes one wonder if the Wuflu wasn't already here before ever learning about it. BUT, there's already a bunch of respiratory bugs around, so most likely wasn't Covid-19. And certainly not the first time for me having bronchitis-pharyngitis. Guess I'll know soon enough.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Nasty rsv bug this year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We're doomed.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1badf350, 1minute, 240NMC, 160user, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,339
Posts18,487,720
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.