Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Tyrone
We have treatments beside ventilators.
Sheesh!

Uh huh. Tell that to those who need them.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Sheesh!
The friggin' doctors ought to be competent enough to treat them before they need a ventilator.

Politics is War by Other Means
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sheesh!
The friggin' doctors ought to be competent enough to treat them before they need a ventilator.

On this one, Tyrone,, go get another cup of coffee. You’re not awake yet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sheesh!
I think you are the one that's missed the news.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sheesh!

Okay, Doc.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I dont think there is a proven treatment yet. Diagnosing is one thing, effectively treating is another. I thought we learned that with cancer.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I dont think there is a proven treatment yet. Diagnosing is one thing, effectively treating is another. I thought we learned that with cancer.

Been trying to flatten the learning curve since the dawn of time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
A married couple from my mothers church were in ICU on respirators last weekend. He's in his early 40's and she's in her late 30's. They have three children still living at home. Haven't heard anything more about how they're doing.
I call BS

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
A married couple from my mothers church were in ICU on respirators last weekend. He's in his early 40's and she's in her late 30's. They have three children still living at home. Haven't heard anything more about how they're doing.
I call BS
I don't give a shyt what you call you needle dick f.ucktard.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sheesh!

I took a long bike ride with one of my doctor friends yesterday. She is working at the hospital where most of the area's COVID positive patients are being cared for. There really is no effective treatment at this point. The disease is going to run its course. About the only thing they can do is help the patient breathe when their lungs no longer have the capacity to function independently.

There are some signs of hope that very inexpensive anti-malarial drugs will help with the disease. There are also signs that HIV drugs will work. There are signs that a combination is very effective in test tube trials. Human trials are set to begin in Australia.

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
[bleep] Navy ships for the flu. Either they aren't telling us the truth or we've hit the tipping point and there's more idiots than rational people now. Tanking the global economy to the tune of trillions of $$ to save a few hundred thousand lives.

If we save a million lives by taking these extreme measures and tanking the economy, and we only cost the economy
one trillion, that's still a million dollars per life saved.
In a world population of 8.5 billion people, one million dead is only .011% of the population.
Mass hysteria on a global level. There are people who's names most of us will never know that will make fortunes untold off the backs of hard working Americans during this exaggerated "crisis" Money our children and grandchildren will be paying interest on.

What a touching outlook.
Yeah no shyt. Fuggin douchebag more concerned with money than human lives. One can only hope people with that attitude are among the victims who perish.

Beats the fuggin douchebags that think every damn thing that breathes, has to keep breathing indefinitely. Trashing the economy, and in the process, millions of lives of working people and their children, for the benefit of the people who have spent their life trashing their body and are now fat, sick and damaged as a result, is retarded. Coronavirus kills the very old, the already sick, and those damaged by contaminants.

Look, I got a grandpa who is 90, his back is disintegrating when he moves, and he is in a care center right now. I do not want him to catch this. It will kill him. However, if it does, it beat something else by at most a year. And it’s nothing I can do anything about. Except wait to visit him until there is no chance of me infecting him. Even though he is ready to go. Tired of hurting. So this virus kills 15% of folks over 80. Other stuff is a lot harder on them.

It kills AIDS people too. That’s tough. For them. But they won’t be infecting anyone else with AIDS, now will they?

It kills meth heads, maybe smokers, and so on. Down side? Even for them, it beats lung or throat cancer, after all.

People die. It’s what we do. I will, you all will, and we don’t get a damn choice about when or how unless we kill ourselves, and get it right when we do it. Nothing lives forever. And casting the world, and particularly America, into a horrible depression that will do more to forever extinguish liberty, simply to try to save the least productive of us, is folly. Yeah, that’s a hard outlook. But it beats the alternative, which is what they are trying to give us. What good are people too old, too sick, or too damaged to produce anything, when you can’t even feed them because of what it took to save them?

Yeah well f,uck you right in your stinkin old ass hole. It doesn't just kill ancient folks in nursing homes. I've got parents in their 70's I want to be around for few more years and brothers and friends in their 40's, 50's and 60's I'd still like to have above ground when this is over.

So it's worth collapsing the global economy? Our govt is making decisions that will impact is for a LONG time to come. We need a measured response. This is no time to act rash.
The economy will rebuild like it always has. We may well even benefit in time if more production comes back to the US.

What a tard. Yeah, the economy will come roaring back, production will come back, and the rainbow stew will flow. Because we shut the damn country down and sent everybody home, paid their bills with debt from the presses, and waited for China to come back online and profit from supplying the whole damn world with every damn thing like old times. This is beautiful. China goes down, and instead of stomping a mud hole in their collective azz, we shut ourselves down and crash our economy, giving them time to recover, so they can kick us when we are down. Brilliant.

Let me tell you something. My daughter is a surgical tech at a local Level 4 trauma center. She got told yesterday she is on an on call basis until further notice, meaning they will call her if they need her. Because they are running out of surgical supplies to work with. We are already [bleep] with regard to the medical industry, because they get every damn thing from China. And we can’t make our own, because we sent everyone home to flatten the curve.

We need to be busting our collective azz to get back to making necessities, not hiding in our houses hoping everyone survives this. What ever happened to folks placing a value on their contribution to society, and society working together to benefit the whole? Not communism, just responsibility and common sense. All I hear from the ninnies who call me a monster is, “I want to live. I want my family to live.” Well, maybe you will. But if we don’t all pull our heads out and get busy, maybe sacrifice a little to benefit our neighbors, we might breathe on, but what for? Being a debt slave to China and taking whatever crumbs you can snatch is no life at all. Life is nothing without liberty.

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 03/19/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
[bleep] Navy ships for the flu. Either they aren't telling us the truth or we've hit the tipping point and there's more idiots than rational people now. Tanking the global economy to the tune of trillions of $$ to save a few hundred thousand lives.

If we save a million lives by taking these extreme measures and tanking the economy, and we only cost the economy
one trillion, that's still a million dollars per life saved.
In a world population of 8.5 billion people, one million dead is only .011% of the population.
Mass hysteria on a global level. There are people who's names most of us will never know that will make fortunes untold off the backs of hard working Americans during this exaggerated "crisis" Money our children and grandchildren will be paying interest on.

What a touching outlook.
Yeah no shyt. Fuggin douchebag more concerned with money than human lives. One can only hope people with that attitude are among the victims who perish.

Beats the fuggin douchebags that think every damn thing that breathes, has to keep breathing indefinitely. Trashing the economy, and in the process, millions of lives of working people and their children, for the benefit of the people who have spent their life trashing their body and are now fat, sick and damaged as a result, is retarded. Coronavirus kills the very old, the already sick, and those damaged by contaminants.

Look, I got a grandpa who is 90, his back is disintegrating when he moves, and he is in a care center right now. I do not want him to catch this. It will kill him. However, if it does, it beat something else by at most a year. And it’s nothing I can do anything about. Except wait to visit him until there is no chance of me infecting him. Even though he is ready to go. Tired of hurting. So this virus kills 15% of folks over 80. Other stuff is a lot harder on them.

It kills AIDS people too. That’s tough. For them. But they won’t be infecting anyone else with AIDS, now will they?

It kills meth heads, maybe smokers, and so on. Down side? Even for them, it beats lung or throat cancer, after all.

People die. It’s what we do. I will, you all will, and we don’t get a damn choice about when or how unless we kill ourselves, and get it right when we do it. Nothing lives forever. And casting the world, and particularly America, into a horrible depression that will do more to forever extinguish liberty, simply to try to save the least productive of us, is folly. Yeah, that’s a hard outlook. But it beats the alternative, which is what they are trying to give us. What good are people too old, too sick, or too damaged to produce anything, when you can’t even feed them because of what it took to save them?

Yeah well f,uck you right in your stinkin old ass hole. It doesn't just kill ancient folks in nursing homes. I've got parents in their 70's I want to be around for few more years and brothers and friends in their 40's, 50's and 60's I'd still like to have above ground when this is over.

So it's worth collapsing the global economy? Our govt is making decisions that will impact is for a LONG time to come. We need a measured response. This is no time to act rash.
The economy will rebuild like it always has. We may well even benefit in time if more production comes back to the US.

What a tard. Yeah, the economy will come roaring back, production will come back, and the rainbow stew will flow. Because we shut the damn country down and sent everybody home, paid their bills with debt from the presses, and waited for China to come back online and profit from supplying the whole damn world with every damn thing like old times. This is beautiful. China goes down, and instead of stomping a mud hole in their collective azz, we shut ourselves down and crash our economy, giving them time to recover, so they can kick us when we are down. Brilliant.

Let me tell you something. My daughter is a surgical tech at a local Level 4 trauma center. She got told yesterday she is on an on call basis until further notice, meaning they will call her if they need her. Because they are running out of surgical supplies to work with. We are already [bleep] with regard to the medical industry, because they get every damn thing from China. And we can’t make our own, because we sent everyone home to flatten the curve.

We need to be busting our collective azz to get back to making necessities, not hiding in our houses hoping everyone survives this. What ever happened to folks placing a value on their contribution to society, and society working together to benefit the whole? Not communism, just responsibility and common sense. All I hear from the ninnies who call me a monster is, “I want to live. I want my family to live.” Well, maybe you will. But if we don’t all pull our heads out and get busy, maybe sacrifice a little to benefit our neighbors, we might breathe on, but what for? Being a debt slave to China and taking whatever crumbs you can snatch is no life at all. Life is nothing without liberty.

Go suck a Glock you big mouthed old ass hole. I'm far from the only one who thinks this will be the wake up call that will bring production back here from China.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I took a long bike ride with one of my doctor friends yesterday. She is working at the hospital where most of the area's COVID positive patients are being cared for. There really is no effective treatment at this point. The disease is going to run its course. About the only thing they can do is help the patient breathe when their lungs no longer have the capacity to function independently.

There are some signs of hope that very inexpensive anti-malarial drugs will help with the disease. There are also signs that HIV drugs will work. There are signs that a combination is very effective in test tube trials. Human trials are set to begin in Australia.
Ask her what they've actually tried. My guess is they haven't tried anything except throw their hands up.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Sheesh!

In the meantime here, lets let folks die instead of trying a set of drugs to see if they would help.. I"ve never understood this.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Malaria drugs, for some reason, seem to be very effective against the Novel Coronavirus. It seems to shorten its duration and minimizes lung damage.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
well blackheart sure spiked the entertainment factor around here, strange handle BTW

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Sheesh!

That would be nice. Tell us, please, of any treatment regimen which is effective for any Corona Virus.

No one has been able to actually prove anything efficacious against this virus.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
well blackheart sure spiked the entertainment factor around here, strange handle BTW

I rarely agree with him, but he is right about this............we don't know what the long term impact of this is going to be, and anyone that says otherwise is merely speculating.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Three times a day, at least! Just a pinch of good American Whiskey will provide all the comfort you can stand from all the dizzies and punies that affect you. I won't go so far as to recommend any label, as most will suffice, even the lowly mason jar contents.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Malaria drugs, for some reason, seem to be very effective against the Novel Coronavirus. It seems to shorten its duration and minimizes lung damage.

As of 3-17, the CDC says no effective treatment available. Just try to keep the patient oxygenated.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1OntarioJim, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,765
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.