Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A little less than 5 cents per round for Aguila Pistol Match or Aguila Rifle Match. Both Eley primed. I think now Aguila primed. Only difference is velocity (1080 fps for rifle match and 925 fps for pistol match).

$239/5,000 rd case and free shipping.

Even if you just want it to shoot subsonic through a suppressor, it's a great deal. I ordered a case of Rifle Match.

Aguila Rifle Match Link - Click Here

Aguila Pistol Match Link - Click Here

Last edited by 257heaven; 02/07/20.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Never tried the Aquila match 22 LR. I usually shoot CCI standard velocity, or Aguila Super Extra standard velocity.

That is a good price on the MATCH version. How does the MATCH Aguila group compared to other 22 LR ammo you tried?

I have normally purchased from targetsportsUSA. Free shipping on case quantities.
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/22-long-rifle-ammo-c-202.aspx

For less than case quantities, Brownells is a good option. They often (usually?) have free shipping over $50, and also have coupons for 10% or so savings.

https://www.brownells.com/ammunition/index.htm?k=22+long+rifle

Thanks for the Bud's link.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The case I got today was Eley primed. Should be good cheap match ammo.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by buttstock
Never tried the Aquila match 22 LR. I usually shoot CCI standard velocity, or Aguila Super Extra standard velocity.

That is a good price on the MATCH version. How does the MATCH Aguila group compared to other 22 LR ammo you tried?

I have normally purchased from targetsportsUSA. Free shipping on case quantities.
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/22-long-rifle-ammo-c-202.aspx

For less than case quantities, Brownells is a good option. They often (usually?) have free shipping over $50, and also have coupons for 10% or so savings.

https://www.brownells.com/ammunition/index.htm?k=22+long+rifle

Thanks for the Bud's link.

I have never tried it. Hope to get some time with it this weekend.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
tag

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
257... interested to hear your report. I never had much luck with it and found tho it functioned well, it was match only in the loosest sense

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I sure would like to try some first before buying a case. For those who buy it let us know how it shoots for you.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wonder how "Competition Match"' grade" it really is?

At $0.0478 per round, this sale seems like being offered the opportunity to buy USDA Prime steaks for the price of 80/20 ground beef.

That said, at $2.39 per box, it is less than half the price of the least expensive Eley at Bud's, so maybe worth a roll the dice.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
260, it’s certainly worth the chance at that price.
Worst case scenario you end using it for plinking or general shooting.
Split a case with a buddy or something and hopefully somebody had a rifle that likes it.
I buy and shoot a fair amount of the Aguila SV and it’s pretty consistent ammo for $180 a case

I’ve just found that in true match .22 ammo it holds true you get what you pay for

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They offer two versions of rifle match; one for barrels over 24". Can't recall which is which, but the prices I've seen were almost identical. Might be a different powder charge that would be the difference in a particular gun, fickle as they are.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sample of one rifle and one lot of the Aguila Match - In my Tikka T1X the Aguila SE std vel shot smaller groups than the Aguila Rifle Match.
CCI std vel can often be found in the same price range and in my experience is a bit more accurate.

The biggest issue I have encountered with low dollar "match" ammo is that there are often unexplained fliers, on the other hand if it isn't accurate enough it makes good plinking ammo.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Certifiable
260, it’s certainly worth the chance at that price.
Worst case scenario you end using it for plinking or general shooting.
Split a case with a buddy or something and hopefully somebody had a rifle that likes it.
I buy and shoot a fair amount of the Aguila SV and it’s pretty consistent ammo for $180 a case

I’ve just found that in true match .22 ammo it holds true you get what you pay for

Bud's sells Tenex for $17.10 per box, $0.342 per round, over 7x the price of the Aguila. Even if it isn't close to being as accurate as Tenex, I doubt that it is 7x less accurate.

OTOH, if I was shooting groups for real, I'd shoot the Tenet every single time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The old black&gold box Aguila Rifle match grouped five into the 4's regularly, sometimes the 3's, from my CZ453. Same POI as RWS SSHPS too.

What fresh Hell is this?
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Couldn't resist for the price. Has anyone tried this out yet??

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The price is cheap enough. I'm wondering how it shoots though? Sometimes the cheaper stuff will work pretty good, but if I start seeing weird flyers, I usually don't buy anymore. That's an awful big risk to take, buying 5,000 rounds of the stuff when you don't know how it's going to shoot in your rifle. The last cheap "match" grade ammo was $5.00/box of 50 for the Norma and it shoots very well in both of my iron sighted rifles....:
Savage MK1 FVT:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Winchester model 52B:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now I wish I would have bought a case of the stuff. Range report on the cheap aguila is probably needed in a thread like this.. Just sayin..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
My very limited experience with Aguila match (pistol and rifle) is from 15 or so years ago and it wasn't good.

BUT - I've been shooting the "Super Extra Standard Velocity" regularly for a couple of years now and like it very much for its accuracy, consistency and price.

I too am looking forward.to some range reports on the current production match labeled stuff.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've been very happy with the Aguila High Velocity loads in my CZ loads, they shoot very nearly 1/2" at 50 yards, in five of six rifles. Plenty good enough for my wants/needs.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Any update on the accuracy you're attaining ?

Swift

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I too would be interested in a report. Five thousand just for research is still a bit extravagant. Don't plink as I mostly shoot stuff.

1Minute
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've used the SE Standard Velocity off and on for years but haven't tried any in about two years. I don't know about the "match" ammo, maybe it's better. As with all the cheaper "good" ammo, I've found the SE Standard Velocity has not been real consistent from lot-to-lot. Some of it has been accurate, some not so great. I've had better overall results with CCI SV and buy it by the case.

Last edited by lotech; 03/18/20.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (12344mag, 16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 53 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,429
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.