Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Dayamn, got the ol lady a gyro from place down the road.
Stinkin up the whole house.

We hit that joint once a week.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steve4102
Grocery Stores are running out of food especially meat.

The Hunters freezer may soon run out of last years bounty.

This schit may last all summer, so when will it be OK with the fire to start filling our freezers with out of season game?

How many rolls of TP do you have? Cases of bottled water?

If you need meat after this has lasted "all summer", and you hoarded that non-essential stuff..................you better get to bartering with the folks that hoarded up all the freezers and filled them with the pork loins and family size burger packs when there was no TP and water left to hoard.

And do that bartering BEFORE you start poaching.

Then it will be OK with this 'fire member.

Geno

PS, if you didn't hoard TP and/or water, then barter away some non- essential stuff to those that have meat..........you know, stuff like pictures hanging on the wall, lamps, blankets, etc.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I don't think being uncomfortable to justify poaching.
Even if its easy and you can get by with it.
Its gotta get truly bad before I take critters out of season.
They be making little ones for hunting when things get back to normal.

Shoot a button buck if it comes to it.
Leave does alone.

Hmmmm, not too concerned about folks killing all these %$#@ Canada geese in the parks and retention ponds.
Fuggin poop machines.

Last edited by hookeye; 03/19/20.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Not true. Deer belong to no one. Those groceries are the stores property

The deer belong to the guberment , sonny. 🤨

Not when one hits your vehicle or eats your crops to the ground. I see no reason if you want a deer to eat go and get one, just don't come on my property because I feel the deer belong to me.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Pffft, I don't care a bit what anybody on here thinks about it. If I get low on food somethings gonna die.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't think the situation is going to get dire enough that people have to feed themselves through poaching.

But if worst comes to worst buying a beef on the hoof would feed a lot of people.

Lot's of cattlemen around here. 2 or 3 men could get together to buy a beef. Find somebody who could do some decent butchering.

It would cost some money and labor. But there's lots of food out there.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't think the situation is going to get dire enough that people have to feed themselves through poaching.

But if worst comes to worst buying a beef on the hoof would feed a lot of people.

Lot's of cattlemen around here. 2 or 3 men could get together to buy a beef. Find somebody who could do some decent butchering.

Where are people going to get money to buy a beef if this thing goes on for months ? Not everybody is retired and collecting pensions/social security and most people I know are out of work right now for an undetermined length of time.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Where are people going to get money to buy a beef if this thing goes on for months ? Not everybody is retired and collecting pensions/social security and most people I know are out of work right now for an undetermined length of time.

I wouldn't fault somebody for taking game out of season if it was necessary.

I don't see it getting to be that bad, however.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Damn this is the dumbest thread yet... Is anybody here going hungry yet? It's been a whole week or less since you've been "inconvenienced".

If I get hungry this is the last place I'm gonna give a [bleep] what they think if I kill something.

I agree, get outside, read a book quit dreaming up worst case scenarios and posting your bullshit on here.

I'm out..............

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
if got really bad i'd do it, plenty of hogs down here, might even know someone when they were a teenager use to walk 10 or more miles into the king ranch.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
During times of war, and food rationing, people often had Victory Gardens to supplement their diet. Anyone considering that alternative this spring?

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Kentucky and Barkley Lakes are over-run with Asian Carp. Commercial fishermen are pulling multi thousand pounds out of them and it's not even making a dent in their numbers.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The only way they will ever get rid of asian carp is to put them into the Mc Fish burgers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I told my wife yesterday that when I hear shots in the forest, I'll be going the other way. Guys out of work will be dropping does for meat to save money for beer. That is the way it will be. Probably more of a "want" than a real need. Need is for beer money.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
The only way they will ever get rid of asian carp is to put them into the Mc Fish burgers.

The posted video shows how to cook the silver carp. (the jumping carp)

They're a different species than most people think of as a carp.

It appears to be a very good fish to eat. The commercial fishermen who work kentucky and barkley lakes bring in huge numbers of them every time they go out. I'm sure if you were around when they brought a boat load in they would sell you a big one for a couple of bucks. In other words, they're cheap and easy to come by. And by all accounts, it's about impossible to fish them out.

There's a lot of food out there.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I haven't heard any shots around here lately so I don't think it's starting yet. Poaching does go on in this area though and always has as far back as I or my father and grandfather could remember. We've got a family up the road that is well known for doing it regularly. Many folks in the area know but don't report it because it's sort of accepted and lots of folks have done it themselves in lean times.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by steve4102
Grocery Stores are running out of food especially meat.

Costco. Noon today:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
We might get a little tired of free range pork, but we wont be going hungry....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

============================================================

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Not true. Deer belong to no one. Those groceries are the stores property

The deer belong to the guberment , sonny. 🤨

Think not! Would love to seen a landowner charged for taking one out of season on their own property. A judge might convict but a juries verdict would take two minutes for not guilty and likely attempt to tar and feather the prosecutor. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Whiptail

When should I start eating my neighbors?

Tomorrow, eat all the Democrats first, beware they will leave a bad taste in your mouth. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,188
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.