Hop To
Page 2 of 32 1 2 3 4 31 32
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 16bore
The virus isn’t overblown, but the finger pointing political bullshit sure the phuqq is.

Ain’t heard much of that lately from our democrats in Congress, just mostly from the msm media gang.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by 16bore
The virus isn’t overblown, but the finger pointing political bullshit sure the phuqq is.

Ain’t heard much of that lately from our democrats in Congress, just mostly from the msm media gang.

I think the bottom line is, even the Commie left is glad that Trump is going after this situation so hard.

It's their asses too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There’s been some pretty hot exchanges between some here who think that this whole Co virus thing is a hoax and those who think it is real and deadly.

I’m in the second group.

So, who here will step up - now - and call it all a bunch of
Bullscchhitt ?

There's a helluva lotta ground between those two positions.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I was in Infectious Disease arena for many years. The ID docs I've talked to are very concerned. It's not like anything they've seen in their lifetime. It's most certainly the real deal. The only real event comparable is the Spanish Flu. However, the talking heads on TV, social media medical practitioner wannabees, and their ilk are throwing gas on the fire. It's not needed and counter-productive.

DJT has surrounded himself with experts. He's directing a pointed attack; testing facilities, test kits, pharmaceutical testing - fast tracking - compassionate use, military help with hospital ships, MASH, logistics, doing whatever humanly possible to get the economy back humming again -the Fed - stimulus, etc. This maximum effort will make Katrina look like a fart in the wind.

The world is watching. Indeed, I think this will be his finest hour.

After President Trump playing it down a bit in the very beginning, I believe he's done an excellent job of putting the correct assets in place, including swift movement of capital.

Part of his playing it down in the beginning could be due to the lies perpetrated by the Chins. To me, His continuing to call it the Chinese Coronavirus may be due to some residual anger with the Chins over their lying.

The haters and naysayers are buffoons, including that thief moron Biden.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Still no naysayers or conspiracy types that were so vocal and laughed about this so called bullscchhitt.

C’mon boys , let’s hear from you.

OK, I take the bait! No illness or life threatening disease should be taken with impudence! However, at this point in time it appears to be blown completely out of proportion. As I have mentioned.....so far this flu season, 25K + Americans have died from the flu or complications thereof! In the 2017-2018 flu season, American deaths were 80K. Yet, it was barely spoken about....let alone “crash” the markets, shut down all public venues, empty grocery stores, and cause wholesale panic. It’s absolutely horrendous to those that have contradicted the disease, and to those who have lost loved ones. However, so far, at least in America, it pales in comparison to the 2017-2018 flu season......and I hope it stays that way!

There......Challenge Accepted! wink memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The question isn’t if it’s a hoax or not.

The question is if the reaction to it is correct. Is evaporating 1/3 of the nations wealth, soon to be double digit unemployment, thousands of businesses collapsed, years of recovery,.....worth this?

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Also....,

The vast majority of positive cases, are sent home to lie in bed with Tylenol and get better. Like 75% are told to do just that. Yes, POSITIVE cases.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by memtb
Still no naysayers or conspiracy types that were so vocal and laughed about this so called bullscchhitt.

C’mon boys , let’s hear from you.

OK, I take the bait! No illness or life threatening disease should be taken with impudence! However, at this point in time it appears to be blown completely out of proportion. As I have mentioned.....so far this flu season, 25K + Americans have died from the flu or complications thereof! In the 2017-2018 flu season, American deaths were 80K. Yet, it was barely spoken about....let alone “crash” the markets, shut down all public venues, empty grocery stores, and cause wholesale panic. It’s absolutely horrendous to those that have contradicted the disease, and to those who have lost loved ones. However, so far, at least in America, it pales in comparison to the 2017-2018 flu season......and I hope it stays that way!

There......Challenge Accepted! wink memtb

I think that the real concerns are the difference in nature of this virus and the seemingly exponential growth of the infection rate. Throw in the number of lockdowns we’re seeing and the news from places like Italy. From that, I don’t think it is overblown when were dealing with what appears to be such an unknown.

Comparing this to past epidemics seems rather moot at this point, to me, anyhow. We have no idea of how far and deep this thing can run but we’re sure gonna find out.. if lockdowns had not been imposed one might wonder just how bad it would have been here in a first world nation.

The “speculation “ is that this will be deeply devastating to sub Saharan Africa and big cities like Cairo.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RAS
Also....,

The vast majority of positive cases, are sent home to lie in bed with Tylenol and get better. Like 75% are told to do just that. Yes, POSITIVE cases.

Because hospitals are overflowing, maybe ?

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Without getting too specific, the word from an employee at a hospital here said,.."It's getting ready to be a schitt show."

Lots of sick people there waiting on test results.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by memtb

.. so far this flu season, 25K + Americans have
died from the flu or complications thereof! In
2017-2018 flu season, American deaths were
80K. Yet, it was barely spoken about....

25K/80,000K is treated like a cool statistic

217 deaths due to C19 a national melodrama.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of people showing up in ERs just because they want a test. Zero symptoms. Yes, ask ANYONE who works at a hospital if this is happening.

Some people just suck. They are just phucin selfish and should be ashamed of themselves.

I talk to an ER doc everyday who works at the hospital with the most C19 in Michigan. Most people will easily survive this with Tylenol. Does it hurt certain groups like weak elderly and bad lungers, yes, maybe. But there are 80 year olds getting better all the time.

Our economy is phuced. God bless us that we have a proactive POTUS. Without Trump, this would be worse.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gonna be a rough flu season this year. Rough enough to submarine the economy and impose martial law?

Lets compare numbers in July, til then, I never really liked most humans anyway...

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by local_dirt

After President Trump playing it down a bit in the very beginning, I believe he's done an excellent job of putting the correct assets in place, including swift movement of capital.

Part of his playing it down in the beginning could be due to the lies perpetrated by the Chins. To me, His continuing to call it the Chinese Coronavirus may be due to some residual anger with the Chins over their lying.

The haters and naysayers are buffoons, including that thief moron Biden.

You can always be sure the Chicoms are lying if their lips are moving.

Also, buffoon, thief, and moron should always be paired with Biden....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
All I know and have been told over the years is those who have been against globalism, free will travel and illegal immigration are racist, bigoted xenophobes that need to die.

Now Im being told to stay at home and mind my own business?

Import 100k Somalis to Albert Lea, now.

My challenge to the naysayers of the naysayers is, at this point, why should we (some of us) give a fugg?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wife is a small town doc. Tonight she reported everybody is feeling pretty stressed, but that the people that were already "not emotionally well" to start with have started to lose it. One woman got upset when her regular doctor was not available, went out to her car and came back in swinging a claw hammer around. Security came over and removed her.

I'd guess that involuntary commitment was the outcome. The problem is that there is an extreme shortage of psychiatric beds available during day to day conditions.... I can't imagine a good outcome for people with poor judgement and impulse control even during average stress times.... Beware little old ladies packing hammers in their purse.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not going to worry about it much. If it really is a pandemic then everyone not naturally immune will probably get it. If it's going to last for months and months I'd just as soon get it now before it mutates into something not near as mild as it is now. The 2nd wave of the Spanish Flu is what killed people quick. Mutation could easily happen for the worse.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Three weeks ago I thought it was all media hype and BS.

Now after learning more and looking at the #s, I think it's the real deal.

Fasten your seat belts.

Powder River let 'er buck!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Emotional stress contributes to corticosteriod
production in the body which can reduce the
effectiveness of one's resistance to antigens
by lowering lymphocytes.

Worries never fixed anything thus people are
their own worse enemy.

Worry types like to hang out together cause
misery likes company.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 2 of 32 1 2 3 4 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 22 invisible), 1,685 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,973
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.