Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Or, as in our case, we have ICU beds, but the hospital refuses to take corona cases....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Or, as in our case, we have ICU beds, but the hospital refuses to take corona cases....

Interesting.

Maybe hospitals should be like most fire departments? Non-discriminatory.

Stay safe friend.

Map wouldn't open on the page, so I have no idea if we are one of those counties. I know most anything seriously life threatening here gets flown out, so maybe no real ICU.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have ICU beds but only about 7,500 people in the county. Well short of a million.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
We have ICU beds but only about 7,500 people in the county. Well short of a million.

In Bend, Oregon?

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
My mother was an nurse who lived 14 miles from a small central Texas town where she was the Head Nurse and the Operating Room Supervisor and where she put in 80 hours a week for 40 hours of pay trying to keep it from closing while competing with larger city hospitals another 30 miles away to serve several thousand locals under strains placed on hospitald under Bill Clinton.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx

from your article....

Unfortunately, the market conditions for rural hospitals are unlikely to improve, which means these institutions will need to evolve if they are to survive. In practice, this means that many rural hospitals will need to reset the expectations of their communities about what services they can provide and remain viable.
Communities and patients served by rural hospitals have taken great pride in these institutions. However, as medicine has advanced, they have been challenged to make the investments needed to keep up with the latest technology and retain sophisticated, highly trained staff. And even with these investments, the question is whether they see enough volume to sustain skills and ensure optimal outcomes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nature has always used disease and famine to bring populations into balance with their habitat, maybe this is the 100 year reset for humans.

I was surprised how many counties in Virginia don't have a single hospital.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Interesting.

Stay safe friend.

Map wouldn't open on the page, so I have no idea if we are one of those counties. I know most anything seriously life threatening here gets flown out, so maybe no real ICU.

Geno

Geno,

map shows Modoc, Lassen and Plumas have hospitals but no ICU beds.

Sierra and Alpine are the only 2 counties showing NO hospital at all in CA.

AZ shows 3 counties with no ICU and 1 county with no Hospital.

Sycamore

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Nature?

A lot of people in this age group have money...money gets you out of everything.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I took patients for years from surrounding small town hospitals with local GPs on staff who and which finally gave it up after your hero the Zero. The drs couldn't make enough to be worth the lowyer risks and insurance with 50% pay cuts under Zero. They "retired" (quit or moved to big cities and quit taking medicare) and the little hospitals went under.

You can keep your dr if you can drive 250 miles to keep an appt.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jaguar,

What! Americans responding the the market? Bunch a damned free-enterprise capitalists! Moving on too greener pastures! almost like they studied medicine as a means to a financially rewarding career.

I've lived in a medically over-served area. there were a lot of amenities. weather was nice too. book stores and foreign movies. lots of Universities too.

But it wasn't home.

so now I live in a town with great medical care, because we are the only town of any size for many miles in any direction. We have great outdoor activities and are only 140 miles from a big city (to the south) , 250 miles to the west, or 325 miles to the east, or 500 miles north.

We have lots of Drs here that like to ski, hunt, camp, run rivers and enjoy the outdoors. Judging from the houses they live, they're doing pretty good.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Sycamore.

Didn't figure on Alpine having a hospital, it's so small. Matter of fact, the population was so low back in the 80's, some gay folks were suggesting a few move up there and "take over" making it a gay run county! Wouldn't that have gotten some panties in a bunch??

I think we actually have two hospitals, there a very small one over the hill in the next big town.

We're getting a new one built as I type this. Not sure if it will open this year, especially with this "flu" epidemic. Don't know if the folks are still working or have been sent home.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Alpine is markleeville, right?

when I drove through, it looked like the rural west, could have been anywhere in the intermountain west. flatbed trucks, welding rigs, and heavy equipment in every fourth backyard. kind of like Silverton, CO

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I wasn't sure so I looked at my map. Yep, Markleeville, county seat and about the only town there of any note.

If you've been through it you're one of the few US residents to be able to say so.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Interesting.

Stay safe friend.

Geno

My understanding is that community hospitals have to take any patient that shows up. For-profit hospitals do not.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by jaguartx

from your article....

Unfortunately, the market conditions for rural hospitals are unlikely to improve, which means these institutions will need to evolve if they are to survive. In practice, this means that many rural hospitals will need to reset the expectations of their communities about what services they can provide and remain viable.
Communities and patients served by rural hospitals have taken great pride in these institutions. However, as medicine has advanced, they have been challenged to make the investments needed to keep up with the latest technology and retain sophisticated, highly trained staff. And even with these investments, the question is whether they see enough volume to sustain skills and ensure optimal outcomes.

Burdened by Obamacare, rural hospitals must double down on market-based, patient-driven health services to stay afloat.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live 20 miles from a village and soon there will be no travel due to break-up, if at 69 I show syptoms I will retire to the guest cabin and either emerge or not!!

I tend to use more than enough gun
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Your buds are having to go to CRNA nurse practitioners because there arent enough Drs after Zero fugged health care, dumbass.

Be a man if you can and own it.

Soon the only Dr you can see will probably be on CCTV.

Fughk your lieberal corksuckers in government. They cut Corona Care today to trash the economy.

You want to make a bet on whether Trump rolls over or puts the dick to them?

Your biltch piglosi tying an abortion bill onto a national crisis Corona care plan and yet you can find nothing wrong with it because you're a lieberal POS.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/22/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 72 invisible), 3,486 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,402
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.