Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Good morning, up getting ready to go to work. I wonder what it’s gonna be like. We are working 25 hours a week, but are getting paid for 40. I think everyone is going to be afraid.

M
M
Bexar county is scheduled to go on what's reported to be lockdown at 23:59 hours today. Many essential businesses and services exempt including take-away restaurant service and delivery services like Favor. Grocery stores, pharmacies, and physician practices are also exempt but may put their own sensible measures in place.

I had a thoracic CT scan Mon last week as routine followup monitoring after diagnosis of NSCLC in Sep. 2016. My oncologist's office called saying the scan results looked great, and they were trying to minimize exposure to only people currently sick, and especially minimizing unnecessary exposures which could then jump to patients with compromised immune systems undergoing chemotherapy and such. So they asked if I was OK with cancelling my F2F appointment and blood work draw last week, and picking that back up 6 months later in September. I agreed, made perfect sense to me all the way around. Of course they said they're still always available in case something concerning pops up.

Last edited by Mr_Zorg; 03/24/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck Mr. Z.
We are into our second week of this status. The supply lines are recovering in the local stores, tough toilet paper is wiped out fast. People are better behaved here in California than was seen on the media two weeks ago. Some are actually friendly and helpful.
You might to check in with your doctors in a couple of weeks, when they are caught up with preparations for this crisis, and see if it is safe enough to get your treatment on track.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm at the homestead under the governor's "lockdown". I'm on vacation, and just trying to squeeze in some work around the farm, weather permitting.

Everyone stay safe today.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
Good morning, up getting ready to go to work. I wonder what it’s gonna be like. We are working 25 hours a week, but are getting paid for 40. I think everyone is going to be afraid.

They shouldn't be afraid.

Being afraid won't change or help anything. It's what the democrats and media wants people to be, though.

Common sense and using the brains between one's ears will go a long way towards getting everyone through this.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife and I both pulled the plug yesterday. I'm an optician, so am classified as non essential medical, and Cathy's a special ed para at the Brainerd schools. I'm in the at risk category due to being a Congestive Heart Failure patient, so it was time to hunker in the bunker.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

They shouldn't be afraid.

Being afraid won't change or help anything. It's what the democrats and media wants people to be, though.

Common sense and using the brains between one's ears will go a long way towards getting everyone through this.

Exactly.

I’m off to work and plan to take all the necessary precautions but I’ll be working my normal 5 days a week making up a business plan and strategy for when this mess ends.

Sent one employee to the work out department to field calls from distressed borrowers who need arrangements made.

Gonna be rough on everyone so we all gotta face it head on and do what we can.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
When your numbers up, it’s up. Just live.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My wife and I are both working from home, the SC governor has shut down the colleges. She is doing all her classes online which is no big deal for her. My work is more program and curricular development and my colleagues and I work together each day via teamworking software. There are aspects of it that are relaxing (no commute, don’t have to dress up) but I miss my coworkers, they’re a good bunch. I also miss getting out and seeing all those good-looking Carolina girls everywhere every day. Then again, with the Tundra not spending much time at the gas pump and not going out for lunch every day, I’m saving some money.

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Good luck Mr. Z.
We are into our second week of this status. The supply lines are recovering in the local stores, tough toilet paper is wiped out fast. People are better behaved here in California than was seen on the media two weeks ago. Some are actually friendly and helpful.
You might to check in with your doctors in a couple of weeks, when they are caught up with preparations for this crisis, and see if it is safe enough to get your treatment on track.

Glad to hear you are okay.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My wife and I went shopping just after 6 AM. Our local Stop and Shop allows only folks over 60 in between 6 and 7:30. I'm 73, she's 72. Of course, no paper products of any kind were available. We got almost everything else we wanted, though. One surprise was no vegetable oil. Plenty of olive oil, no plain old vegetable oil. Wife wanted some for any baking she might do.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As long as I can't catch it from a cow, horse, chicken, or dog, I guess I'll be okay. as that's about all I'm coming into contact with these days.

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
When I got to work, nobody was getting close to each other. Nobody shaking hands, it’s strange!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good morning all, I'm late to the party. I'll put up a picture of son Jake's new pup. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (16gage, 160user, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 1lessdog, 47 invisible), 2,884 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,406
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.