Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Their economy is based on manufacturing, and would come to a screeching stop, if they were to attack one of our allies. It also would most likely create an instant revolution in their country as bad as they are presently hurting.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stalin used WWII as a perfect platform to expand communist interests. Why would the Chinese be any different.

What's to say this pandemic was not intentionally man made?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Basically, they "can't get there from here." 350 miles is a LOT of ocean to cross with an invasion force and an airborne assault won't cut it either. This was one of our primary war game scenarios and there's just no way and yes it would involve us...

That makes sense .JorgeI is that why they built those artificial islands?

Partly, but that was more towards the south.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by slowmover12
Easy solution: china invades Taiwan, obliterate Peking.

You do realize China has their own ICBMs, correct?

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I don’t think they will. They have a lot to lose if they do!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't underestimate our military or its ability to mobilize even during a global pandemic,mission priorities are still in place for all branches.

Logistical mobilization of an invasion force across the Straits as jorge pointed out would be suicide..Chicom strength has always been numbers of boots on the ground,their AF sucks and Navy would be decimated in short order.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I guess the important question is why does China only have one aircraft carrier?

Putin is not dumb...
Besides he had problems getting his own new ones from the French a few years ago..

Re: U.S. Military...
I imagine there was a reason that there was an article in yesterday's paper about the marines going back to an island hopping focus eschewing tanks for landed missile batteries and drones run from naval ship ready rooms.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
When I was stationed at CCKAB , Taichung Taiwan in 1969 &70 we were using their base for our C-130's to support the Vietnam war. We were always reminded that we were using their base and they were always at war with mainland China. Quite a few days while I was on station there I observed the Taiwanese fighters returning from some kind of action regarding their ongoing war. Sometimes they returned victoriously and sometimes in a "missing man" formation. Of course my sources of info could have been normal
GI bullshit, but the Taiwanese military guys we would talk to would usually confirm the stories.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I guess the important question is why does China only have one aircraft carrier?

I am no military strategy expert, but if what I am understanding on what I have read on the subject....strategically, the PRC has decided to put it's eggs in the basket of a space wars scenario.
Imagine several big-big heavy lift rockets launched into mid space, each with dozens if not hundreds of small down firing rockets, with individual guidance systems, with payloads of the full array of military hardware, everything from RF Jamming, decoys, EMP, to HE, to tactical mini nuke, simultaneously raining down by the hundreds onto target. The sheer numbers could conceivably overwhelm any known air defense umbrella and/or counter response system. Do they have it operational yet? Nobody knows, but instead of pissing away their resources building obsolete naval carriers (targets), this is what they have been working on for years. If they used Harbor Freight components...Taiwan is safe...if they upgraded, it's anybodies guess.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I think their strategy has been to make reefs into islands with fill, and create airstrips and anti ship missiles launching points. At this point they dont need the mobiity of an aircraft carrier like we do, they just want to dominate their nearby piece of ocean, the South China Sea. Their 7 created islands serve this purpose and cant be sunk.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by flintlocke

I am no military strategy expert, but if what I am understanding on what I have read on the subject....strategically, the PRC has decided to put it's eggs in the basket of a space wars scenario.
Imagine several big-big heavy lift rockets launched into mid space, each with dozens if not hundreds of small down firing rockets, with individual guidance systems, with payloads of the full array of military hardware, everything from RF Jamming, decoys, EMP, to HE, to tactical mini nuke, simultaneously raining down by the hundreds onto target. The sheer numbers could conceivably overwhelm any known air defense umbrella and/or counter response system. Do they have it operational yet? Nobody knows, but instead of pissing away their resources building obsolete naval carriers (targets), this is what they have been working on for years. If they used Harbor Freight components...Taiwan is safe...if they upgraded, it's anybodies guess.

And Libs laughed when Trump created the Space Force. Are they always behind the curve like this?

Thinking it is easier to get the most fertile farm land in the world by using bio warfare.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 03/25/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by cv540

I think their strategy has been to make reefs into islands with fill, and create airstrips and anti ship missiles launching points. At this point they dont need the mobiity of an aircraft carrier like we do, they just want to dominate their nearby piece of ocean, the South China Sea. Their 7 created islands serve this purpose and cant be sunk.

We can pray for a Tsunami

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Reckon them can outrun a laser?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
so we have people who want to have our nation get into a nuclear war, over Taiwan?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Or make one.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Why should Americans care if China takes back Taiwan?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire
so we have people who want to have our nation get into a nuclear war, over Taiwan?

Think about the cost savings on maintenance.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Tracks

Or make one.

Well guess there is that. For every action a counter action

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Basically, they "can't get there from here." 350 miles is a LOT of ocean to cross with an invasion force and an airborne assault won't cut it either. This was one of our primary war game scenarios and there's just no way and yes it would involve us...

I really appreciate your informed perspective. What about moving on the closer islands like Quemoy and Matsu? They've always been a hotbed.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Olde Elk, If you had made that bio war remark just a few years ago...you'd have been pegged as a nutjob. Now? Maybe you are the smartest guy in the room.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,585
Posts18,511,036
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.