Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They've wanted to for decades, and now is their best opportunity to invade and take Taiwan. They see the US as weak in general and now on it's knees. Xi is in trouble internally and needs a war to hold power; he has little to lose and much to gain. He'll use the pandemic as a springboard, blaming the US for starting it.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no opinion on this but I did read a great article that had some valid points talking about how the long term effects of this as a global pandemic is going to be political unrest in many nations, some will be overthrown, some will look to increase power

so I would not be surprised to see something like this

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Easy solution: china invades Taiwan, obliterate Peking.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by luv2safari
They've wanted to for decades, and now is their best opportunity to invade and take Taiwan. They see the US as weak in general and now on it's knees. Xi is in trouble internally and needs a war to hold power; he has little to lose and much to gain. He'll use the pandemic as a springboard, blaming the US for starting it.

I wouldn't bet on it. About 10 years ago I had it on some authority that Taiwan had three nuclear weapons. That did not surprise me. After all, the South African government had built nukes when they still had Apartheid, we later learned. And both India and Pakistan had developed them in secret until each one detonated six tests.

China could easily conquer Taiwan. All it would cost them would be Beijing, Canton, and Shanghai. Worth the price?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Guess Wuhan won't start any more viruses if the temp goes up a few thousand degrees

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The Taiwanese are not defenseless people and refer to China as that breakaway republic on the mainland. Can’t argue with the timing, though.

It appears that China has bought off Duearte (sp?) in the Philippines making them a vassal state. The Philippines leader has steadily moved away from the USA and towards both Russia and China. The South China Sea is a critical area.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Not our problem

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by luv2safari

I wouldn't bet on it. About 10 years ago I had it on some authority that Taiwan had three nuclear weapons. That did not surprise me. After all, the South African government had built nukes when they still had Apartheid, we later learned. And both India and Pakistan had developed them in secret until each one detonated six tests.

China could easily conquer Taiwan. All it would cost them would be Beijing, Canton, and Shanghai. Worth the price?

South Africa came by those nukes via Israel during the apartheid years.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting times.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
China probed Formosa/Taiwan several times during and after the Korean War.
There were some pretty serious skirmishes in the area and the United States was actively involved throughout the area in combat operations. My dad saw action there.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kingston
Interesting times.

interesting wouldn't be the term I'd use.... interesting time is when you read about something in history.. NOT the present.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
So its stated not correctly in English but we all got the point.

We do live in a state of corruption currently worse than I've ever seen in my life.

I don't believe they will invade personally. Not now.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rost495
So its stated not correctly in English but we all got the point.

We do live in a state of corruption currently worse than I've ever seen in my life.

I don't believe they will invade personally. Not now.

I don't think the corruption is worst then anytime we have seen, I think it is different then anything we have seen.

I agree they will not invade. China is focusing on other things now.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
Not our problem

Bingo!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
China isn’t invading anyone right now but China. There’s an open letter that is being passed around calling on the Chinese Politburo to remove Xi. That any anyone would even speak in hushed voice in private about removing Xi would have been suicide just three months ago but now there are letters being passed and voices raised.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not happening any time soon...we're not on our knees by any means..

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I dont think Trump will ok that.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I guess the important question is why does China only have one aircraft carrier?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Basically, they "can't get there from here." 350 miles is a LOT of ocean to cross with an invasion force and an airborne assault won't cut it either. This was one of our primary war game scenarios and there's just no way and yes it would involve us...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Basically, they "can't get there from here." 350 miles is a LOT of ocean to cross with an invasion force and an airborne assault won't cut it either. This was one of our primary war game scenarios and there's just no way and yes it would involve us...

That makes sense .JorgeI is that why they built those artificial islands?

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 03/25/20.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,443
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.