Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
U
Ubet Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
this person posts things for sale and when you post I will take it he sells item to another that made no commitment to buy it...…...he's a crook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought something was fishy from before.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone posted an hour before you did that they sent a PM. How do you know they didn't strike a deal before you said you'd take it?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Winchester_71
…...he's a crook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he just doesn’t like you. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't mean to rain on Winchester_71 in any way. When I list something for sale, it is always, first come, first served. Most things I list for sale on this forum are also listed locally and on about 6 other forums, depending on what the item is. When someone says they'll take it, I don't give a rats keister whether it is on the thread, via pm or via an e-mail. I always go through every listing site and compare times from posts, pms and e-mails. Some people live in the world of "first I'll take it in the thread gets it". That's not the world in which I live. As I said, in my opinion (I know others differ) the first pm, post, e-mail or even smoke signal, gets it. Frankly, I couldn't care less ("could care less" for the morons) who the buyer is. Fairness is paramount.

I will throw in a caveat. If you do post in your for sale thread that the first "I'll take it in the thread gets it" and you agree to sell via a pm or other manner and THEN, prior to you marking it as "sold", someone posts in your thread, "I'll take it", then you have created a problem.

I know we've had several threads on this very topic; but, since I'm on a roll, I'll ad another thing. If I list something for sale and then go about my life away from the computer, I have another rule. For my example. I post at 5 a.m. and then go to work. I log on to the forum and check my thread. There is a 6 a.m. post stating, "I'll take it pending a picture of the left side" and there is an 8 a.m. post from another member stating, "I'll take it". Well, to be fair, the 8 a.m. poster gets it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I already told you to take it up with an admin but for all others concerned his issue is that he was the first to post "I'll take it" in the thread. An hour prior to that another guy said I will take another item but was sending a DM about the item in question here. That DM was posted to my inbox within a minute of his post on the thread claiming the other item and said he would take the bolt but wanted a pic to confirm it was what he thought it was. My position is that he wanted both but wanted a caveat which I found reasonable. It's like me calling a gunshop, telling them you want the gun, and asking them to pull a gun off the shelf until you get there to look at it. I have been out of the country for the last six months until two nights ago and I am still getting my sleep schedule right so I wasn't up all evening responding to DM's as they came in. I got up this morning and went through all posts and all DM's through several venues and compared times on competing items.

I have not had a single issue buying or selling on forums in the thirteen years I have been a member until today. I think I am acting in the spirit of fair trade and told Winchester 71 that I would have given him the same benefit had the shoe been on the other foot. I have received nothing but petulant responses from him. I have been courteous and as fair as I know how. If someone knows how to post the entire exchange between us I am willing to make it public record. I cannot get it all on a screenshot. At this point I am going to report the post to the admin as libel and he can decide where this goes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know that I'm not judge, jury and executioner here but, based on what both individuals have posted, I don't see where KineticPerformance did anything wrong. That is, unless he took Winchester_71s money and refused to return it. In that case, he would be the crook alleged by Winchester_71. Winchester_71 hasn't even alleged that other than publicly calling KineticPerformance a crook. The word crook, in the common vernacular, is usually consider to be synonymous with "thief". How someone who has a rudimentary understanding of the English language would be willing to assert that on an open public forum is way beyond my sense of comprehension.

I don't see how people get so "offended" by missing out on a deal or transaction. It blows my mind. Deals come and go.

I do believe that Winchester_71 owes KineticPerformance a very public apology for labeling him the way he did which will be here forever unless the owner of the forum is willing to delete this thread. We all know how inclined he is to do that. I'm sorry if I ticked you off Winchester_71 and expect a reply something along the lines of "who asked you?". Well, when you call someone out in a thread on a public forum like that, then you did ask me.

I am also open to "stand corrected" with any other information Winchester_71 is willing to share to reinforce his assertion of "crook" status. If so, I will change my comments. But, based on what we now know, I stand by them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this person posts things for sale and when you post I will take it he sells item to another that made no commitment to buy it...…...he's a crook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by SKane

LOL! He would be a crook if you sent him money and didn't get the item. This is chickensheit that shouldn't be posted here.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by jdunham

LOL! He would be a crook if you sent him money and didn't get the item. This is chickensheit that shouldn't be posted here.

+1

“Factio democratica delenda est"
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by jdunham

AGREE +2 --- remove this thread

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
His stuff, can sell to who ever he dam wants too, christ sakes grow up. calling some one out for something like this, unbelievable

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Damn,some people are so freakin sensitive TAKE A CHILL PILL!

HM3 USN
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
This hasn't quite turned out the way the OP intended, has it?

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've had a few issues over the years. Usually with what I call "volume" sellers. Tons of adds not much content anywhere else on the fire. I always post a reply and a PM. Couple of times I was the first one to respond to the add. I said "I will take it". Pending an answered question. No answer to the question and sold to some one else. Personally I call that BS. I don't buy a pig in poke. I just ignore all of those adds no matter what. Even if I really need something they have for sale. I will not deal with folks who can not answer a question about what they are selling.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jry444
Damn,some people are so freakin sensitive TAKE A CHILL PILL!

Snowflake alert, how about it

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

16 pages of your posting history and EVERY post was in the FREE classifieds. GFY.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dinny
This hasn't quite turned out the way the OP intended, has it?

Thanks, Dinny

Call-out threads never do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

16 pages of your posting history and EVERY post was in the FREE classifieds. GFY.

Live in the classifieds, for in the classifieds.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just checked myself...funny as fk'n hell when a classifieds cowboy complains about a classified add....seriously, TFF laugh

Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,397
Posts18,488,893
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.