Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Looks like his bodily reactions to the chemo are not going too well.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mark Levin is good too and he is smarter than Rush.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The singular thing about Rush is he didn't tell us what to think, he validated what we already knew and couldn't express like he could.

God Bless Rush Limbaugh.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Borchardt
The singular thing about Rush is he didn't tell us what to think, he validated what we already knew and couldn't express like he could.

God Bless Rush Limbaugh.

Yes, and the left does not understand this even though Rush has said it for years. The left has followers the right doesn't

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
The amazing thing about Rush is he pioneered this venue and his show is still as relevant today as ever, despite the huge increase in competition

Yep. Soooo many have tried to emulate him and his successful schtick.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MAC
Mark Levin is good too and he is smarter than Rush.

Pretty broad statement there.

Rush gave Mark his start in radio by allowing Mark to appear on his show as "Flee Levin," (a take-off of the name F. Lee Bailey, which was in the news during the OJ trial) and give legal opinions on political matters. It is not a matter of who is "smarter . . ." but who is the "Greatest!" . . . The Great One, or Rush?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Nothing will ever be better than Rush in his prime. The back and forth with libs, and the Paul Shanklin impressions were priceless.

Since the hearing loss it isn’t the same, but I still tune in.

Levin’s passion is where it’s at these days.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
YES Hatari, Rush is a national treasure and one of a kind. I stared listening in the late 1980's and he taught me I wasn't crazy and he taught me how to connect the dots. I now can spot liberals with x ray vision. smile

Ditto, Bro😉

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been listening to him from the day he went on the air nationally, exactly one month after I got married. Make no mistake about it, like him or not, this country changed because of him and his program. I submit it changed for the better. Imagine where we would be without his having exposed all of the things he has, without him giving so many the courage to say "the emperor has no clothes". When he stops, and he will, at least he has created an environment that won't disappear. When the time comes that Rush passes or simply passes the torch, I hope they keep "The Rush Limbaugh" program with alternating hosts. However, if that time comes soon, I speculate Mark Levin will immediately attempt to move his show into that time slot. Hannity will too, along with several others. At least now the conservative voices exist, unlike when I and most of us were growing up.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hatari
YES Hatari, Rush is a national treasure and one of a kind. I stared listening in the late 1980's and he taught me I wasn't crazy and he taught me how to connect the dots. I now can spot liberals with x ray vision. smile

Ditto, Bro😉

Agreed.

He has their number. And they hate him for it. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Mark Steyn does a pretty fair job.

This. I enjoy listening to him. He, like Rush, has a sense of humor and can adroitly stab the liebs and twist it off in them.

I am concerned about the possibility that Rush may have carried us conservatives for 30 yrs to Trumps boat.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Levin is good. He doesn’t have the flair for entertainment that Rush has.

It is a rare combination of talents.

Neal Bortz (now retired) was another pioneer as a conservative talk show host. He was a level behind Rush and wouldn’t object to me saying that.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
My opinion only, but it seems to me that Rush's BS detector is the most highly refined of anyone else in the broadcast or for that matter the blog /print media. He has that instant ability to see the strings and the puppetmaster...when everyone else is just looking at the puppet. Sometimes he predicts things and motives weeks ahead of anyone else. I do miss the old days when he used more humor to make his points, some of the characters that were repeat callers, he would act as the straight man and let them do their thing. Good Lord, The keepers of odd knowledge, Rita X, Joe the truck driver...he played off them like a Stratavarius violin. Mark Levin for his brilliance and calm demeanor, is great, but he has the ability to make me drowsy. Tucker is a national treasure as well, and he is maturing, but he's got a ways to go. Fight on Rush.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He’s been a gift to conservative. He preserved A.M. radio. He redefined Talk Radio. We’ve been fortunate to enjoy 30 years of it.

He certainly has.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
There are some that are good, but you can’t replace Rush. I love the humor that he injects along the way.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by mirage243
Been listening to him since he came on WGST AM in Atlanta, I forget the year. I hope he makes it, he's got a tough nut to crack.

I first heard him on WGST in 1990. Never had heard of this guy. He said he was going to do the Feminist Update and he played "Born a Woman."

"If you're born a woman
You're born to be hurt
You're born to be stepped on, lied to, cheated on and treated like dirt..."

That was hilarious. No conservative had ever used popular music in political satire. I was hooked.

Actually, the show was better back then. He also did "Homeless Update" and he played "Ain't Got a Home" by Frogman.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like him or not, he’s the best at what he does. His guest hosts are not in the same league. I’ve noticed that for years.

None of the others have the Left nailed spot on as he does. None of the others “get” the media and Washington as he does. None of the others have his flair for entertainment. Rush can do it and keep it fresh. Others drone on and on.

I hope he can beat his condition, but those are long odds. He’s been a gift to conservative. He preserved A.M. radio. He redefined Talk Radio. We’ve been fortunate to enjoy 30 years of it.

I'll go one step farther.
During the State of the Union, I told my wife...
"Everything that conservatism is today, is due to Rush. Normal
blue collar people didn't follow politics, didn't know enough or
ponder enough to really understand what was happening in our country.
To care, to understand that we each have a small say in our direction".

I was 19 when he hit the radio. I sorta listened. Bored.
2 years later my truck driving instructor was a fan.
Listened for two weeks, got interested. His show became the
12-3 standard on my radio. You can't believe the followers in big
trucks. And the conservative CB conservations. Because of
Rush.

I remember people trying to get him to run for president.
He wouldn't sell our for campaign funds, and commented that
he had more power on the radio. That was true.

I also hope he recovers, we need him!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I started listening to Rush on KFBK (Sacramento) with my dad when I was ~10 or 11 years old.

Locally, I was a HUGE fan of MIke Rosen on 850 KOA - he was a great conservative host.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
One of the great enemies of America and The Constitution. He won't be missed. Fortunately, his "influence" has waned dramatically over the years.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
One of the great enemies of America and The Constitution. He won't be missed. Fortunately, his "influence" has waned dramatically over the years.

What a dick head!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,249 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,764
Posts18,495,635
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.