Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by duck911
I would be more understanding if this was limited crowded salmon charter boats and the like....

But the average guy tossing a line in a stream?

Good lord.

Yeah. That’s pretty ridiculous. Hope that doesn’t spread north.
How are you gonna get all those guys on the Kenai or Russian to maintain their 6 feet? grin

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Everything is shutting down!

L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
What's next? Sex?

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akpls
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by duck911
I would be more understanding if this was limited crowded salmon charter boats and the like....

But the average guy tossing a line in a stream?

Good lord.

Yeah. That’s pretty ridiculous. Hope that doesn’t spread north.
How are you gonna get all those guys on the Kenai or Russian to maintain their 6 feet? grin

Start uncontrolled coughing?

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Next will be sitting alone in ones own home.

How about simple boating? Just keep ones line out of the water.

Are those small highway turn off ranches closed in Nevada?

Absolute BS

If the wind lets up, I'll be sitting in the middle of an alfalfa pivot tomorrow airing out ground squirrels.

Could be the list would be shorter if the powers that be would simply tell us what we can do.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/25/20.

1Minute
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If fishing is suspended no reason to pay any fish cops. Send WDFW Director Kelly Susewind home without pay. And I want a rebate on my fishing license. Fishing suspension would be lifted in 24 hours.

Last edited by bobmn; 03/25/20.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Fireball2
dry run for something bigger. Laying the legal groundwork and setting the precedent.

“... Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely ...”

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not saying it's right, but here is WDFW's reasoning.

Fishery managers have reported that some anglers have been seen crowding banks as concerns over coronavirus have continued.

“We’ve seen an uptick in outdoor recreation at some locations in recent weeks as people have looked for ways to get outside,” said WDFW Fish Program Director Kelly Cunningham. “We’ve had reports of crowded boat ramps and busy fishing on some rivers, which runs counter to the governor’s direction to stay home and practice social distancing.”

In addition, many salmon and steelhead fisheries require regular monitoring under the Endangered Species Act (ESA), which includes conducting angler interviews at access sites surrounding the state’s marine waters. The on-site, face-to-face nature of angler interviews puts people at potential risk of transmitting the coronavirus. Without such monitoring, these recreational fisheries must close to ensure ESA protections.

They specifically said that:

Hunting seasons currently underway are not impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions at this time. However, please be aware that significant travel is not advised.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Fishery managers have reported that some anglers have been seen crowding banks as concerns over coronavirus have continued.

“We’ve seen an uptick in outdoor recreation at some locations in recent weeks as people have looked for ways to get outside,” said WDFW Fish Program Director Kelly Cunningham. “We’ve had reports of crowded boat ramps and busy fishing on some rivers, which runs counter to the governor’s direction to stay home and practice social distancing.”

In addition, many salmon and steelhead fisheries require regular monitoring under the Endangered Species Act (ESA), which includes conducting angler interviews at access sites surrounding the state’s marine waters. The on-site, face-to-face nature of angler interviews puts people at potential risk of transmitting the coronavirus. Without such monitoring, these recreational fisheries must close to ensure ESA protections.

Hunting seasons currently underway are not impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions at this time. However, please be aware that significant travel is not advised.

Boat launches closed around here yesterday due to a few sunny days and people packing the places and congregating like lemmings no one obeying 6 feet separtaion. Laws for the masses to control the few idiots.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I’m fishing anyway. Prolly go dig clams too.

Fugg ‘em.

Do it “Right Proper”....Run a treble and foul hook them fins too...Grins 😂😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Fugg ‘em.

Put your black gloves on and go open a can of WHOOP ASS🤓

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
What part of the fishing trip creates additional exposure?

None of it. It's all about seeing how much control they can take, and all they care about is your submission.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Lennie
What's next? Sex?

Lap Dances? Blow jobs? Commie Bastids

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Fugg ‘em.

I take my gloves off for that...Dontcha watch hockey? Well, used too watch hockey, I meant. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If them SOBs try to ban Motorboating there will be hell to pay!!!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Mr T,

Long time no talk online, hope all is going well up there in the Rock. Are you folks shut down at work and doing the job at home thingy? Stay safe.

When I first saw the title of the thread, the protection of their angler contact folks. I'm not saying it's right, and I'd likely just break the rule myself if something nearby was open, uncrowded, and the fish were biting. But, can you imagine the uproar if one or more of their folks caught this virus and it could be shown they contacted a person fishing with the disease?

Another uproar, someone said they could see shutting down the salmon charters because of a crowded situation on the boats. Wow, sure let Joe Schmo fish from the bank but take money out of the recreational fishing charter fleets wallets. There'd be some serious lobbying in the next session of the Legislature by the boat owners for sure.

Biggest problem is folks don't want to take responsibility and fish apart from others. I've seen the combat fishing in some places, someone on page one got it right. Lines get crossed, folks get uppity, next thing they're rollin' around in the mud, then their buddies join in.

hard to make a rule allowing someone to put their little boat out and go out with their wife or kid, and have that rule stop crowds fishing on the bank like a pack of mongrels.

Good luck WA, I foresee silly Gavin here trying, and likely doing, the same thing. Our trout opener is coming up, it would suck, but it may not stop me.

You WA folks, steelhead fishing should be going on now right? let's hope there's a benefit in more spawning escapement, less mortality of "native" fish, and maybe the hatcheries will give away excess returns to you license holder.

Going to be a bummer if this lasts into shad season though. All them folks lined up below John Day will be pissed.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
But if it saves just one senior citizen....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Salty303

Boat launches closed around here yesterday due to a few sunny days and people packing the places and congregating like lemmings no one obeying 6 feet separtaion. Laws for the masses to control the few idiots.

BC too, eh Salty?

frown frown

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Fugg ‘em.

I take my gloves off for that...Dontcha watch hockey? Well, used too watch hockey, I meant. 😎

Fugg,

you had to go and remind me.

I have the DVR set to "record series" for the Sharks pre game shows. I guess one was scheduled last night or something, saw it in the lineup, hoping they at least had some HOCKEY news or something. .........HA, some sorta scheidt about Formula One racing or such.

Stop reminding me that my beloved HOCKEY is not being played now, not even college games, International, or anything.

I'm about to resort to watching old games over again that are still on the DVR.

I'm Jonesing here bro. I need a fix!

GEno

In it is contentment

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Can’t have you out there jabbing hooks into the little fishy’s mouths, now can we? 😡

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (160user, 257 mag, 222ND, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,607
Posts18,511,639
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.