Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Dutch
I called my 91 year old mother this morning, and she told me a healthy 18 year old had just died from COVID in a town 10 miles away.

This is some random s#it.

No, not "some random [bleep]" - just a pandemic that strikes world-wide and kills indiscriminately. Older folks are more vulnerable, but even the young and healthy will die.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by 700LH
The government can kiss my ass.

I noticed the local Mcdonalds dining room was open an hour or so ago as I drove by.

I live in Idaho, not Calif or NYC I am a free American citizen, who does Little think he is anyway?

BiMarts open so is Walgreens and everywhere else AFAIK

Maybe he should sign some of the bills on his desk and stick with helping stop global warming like he said right after he was elected

The US now leads the world in the umber of corona Virus cases! We surpass China in the number of cases. And, we'll probably lead in the number of deaths as well.
see: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

OK, think now, are you a spreader of the Corona Virus?

Since the incubation period is up to 14 days:
- just how many places have you been?
- how many surfaces have you touched?
- how many people have you infected?
- how many of these people will die?
- how many will you know? Friends, neighbors and family members all count.

I don't like being my brother's keeper, but I am responsible for not causing harm,

Well, let's think for a minute,,since Gov. Littles announcement

I had a car the needed to be picked up at a local repair shop and bought a jar of mayo, that's the extent of my public interaction,
I took a 86 year old relative a bowl of chili. She wasn't pleased when I told her maybe I should not come over if possible until this was over
That's my interaction with other people outside this household.
Apparently you didn't read farther where I said I was avoiding contact with other people,
So,,,,,
You can also kiss my ass,
and shove your self-righteous condemnation where the sun don't shine

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I would be shocked if ND goes into lockdown. The oil industry is slowing down real fast. However it’s still going.

Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by Dutch
I called my 91 year old mother this morning, and she told me a healthy 18 year old had just died from COVID in a town 10 miles away.

This is some random s#it.

No, not "some random [bleep]" - just a pandemic that strikes world-wide and kills indiscriminately. Older folks are more vulnerable, but even the young and healthy will die.

So you’re argument is that it’s not random, it’s indiscriminate? You really love to hear yourself argue, don’t you?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
The first patient was a man over the age of 60 in Blaine County. The second patient, another man from Blaine County, was over the age of 80. It's unclear whether the two Blaine County patients had underlying health issues.

A man over the age of 70 from Canyon County with underlying health issues also recently passed away from the virus.

188 known cases.
And still, 50% of the cases and 2 of the 3 deaths are in Blaine County, pop. 22,000. They have all those skiers and partying tourists from out of state bringing the bug to them. I heard that someone went to the Ketchum hospital ER with the bug and now the entire ER staff is out with it. They're running with substitutes.
Ketchum is pretty remote but people come south to Twin Falls all the time. Twin Falls county has only 1 case so far. I can't explain why there aren't more.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Cause not everyone goes to the doctor when sick, and not everyone who does go to the doctor gets tested. It's there too.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I can't believe the naysayers as the US passed both China and Italy in total infected cases..It's real,even here in idaho.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Every state or country has it's hotbeds. It spreads fast under the right conditions. Most of the Italian cases are in Lombardy. What the press never says is that Lombardy has a huge Chinese population, many of them working in sweatshops and living in barracks or slum-like conditions. It would be interesting to know what % of the cases are Chinese.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Every state or country has it's hotbeds. It spreads fast under the right conditions. Most of the Italian cases are in Lombardy. What the press never says is that Lombardy has a huge Chinese population, many of them working in sweatshops and living in barracks or slum-like conditions. It would be interesting to know what % of the cases are Chinese.

― George Orwell

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The trail of infected-to-confirmed is up to 14 days. Test kits are scarce so we don't know the actual number of cases, only those that are confirmed. There are (obviously) folks walking around in all states with the virus unknowingly spreading it. They pump gas using pump handles infected by prior users, they touch their credit card to infected card readers, they touch infected counter surfaces, etc. Yes, there are hotbeds and, they are spreading.

The gap is widening and the US is leading! Johns Hopkins University reports that we now have more than 11,000 more cases than China, a country with 4.2 times more people!

see: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

IC B3

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Idaho Statesman Headline: "This was one of the key indicators that led to Idaho’s statewide stay-home order "

see: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/coronavirus/article241551331.html

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,981 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,447
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.